Shoulder charge is way too overpowered?

Recently I’ve been dying so much from people shoulder charging and one shotting me, even after I’ve put a few pistol bullets in their face or sprayed them a bit with the AR. I don’t really like the shoulder charge anyway but think it would be a bit fairer to make it less powerful.
Thoughts?

I think it should have less range and I slower build up time

It’s probably the most annoying Spartan ability, but it is well balanced imo. I could only see it remove from swat as it’s already a 1 shot = 1 kill game. In other playlist, if not from the back, you can evade it or drop a few bullet and kill after the knockback. It takes times for the charger’s aim to stabilize.

Nope, dodge it, shoot them and melee I was doing that all day yesterday only got hit once even at that I got a triple right after

> 2535405450804460;4:
> Nope, dodge it, shoot them and melee I was doing that all day yesterday only got hit once even at that I got a triple right after

Will try dodging it in future but usually get hit when I’m going round a corner just minding my own business!

I like the ability it seems to be very balanced. Of course like many things if you get a lot of people to cry about it I am sure change will happen it usually does. It’s not a one hit kill unless from the back as it should be, if you’re being shot from the front and a spartan charges and kills you that should be on you not reading the radar while in combat.
Most people die this way from sprinting and their shields are not charged, while a spartan is chasing them catches up and charges. Still fair game. Then again this is just how I feel about it, maybe I should create a post how I feel the ground pound is OP. I die more from that than a charge. Stupid Strongholds.

When I think of OP abilities/weapons, I think of them as things that’ll win games and something that everyone will use to their advantages. You just won’t win competitive games shoulder charging. As annoying as it is (I -Yoinking!- can’t stand shoulder charge) I don’t think they account to even 10% of the total kills. Plus it’s just another version of meleeing someone. Both need two hits to kill you unless it’s from behind.

It has no business in Halo, and should not exist.

what ticks me off is that it throws you back out of melee range so you cant counter.

> 2533274832697531;8:
> It has no business in Halo, and should not exist.

Why not?

> 2533274964416198;5:
> > 2535405450804460;4:
> > Nope, dodge it, shoot them and melee I was doing that all day yesterday only got hit once even at that I got a triple right after
>
>
> Will try dodging it in future but usually get hit when I’m going round a corner just minding my own business!

Listen closely you can hear their jets coming closer and by corners and jump out of them going back an to the other side if it was a box you’d be jumping to the opposite corner by looping past it

To make it more visual if you have a box with corners going
1 2
3 4
lets say 4 is the corner youre going to go around, the enemy is coming from the outside of corner 2, corner 3 has a wall so corner 1 and 2 are your only way out from corner 4 you’re going to jump at corner 1 but you are going to turn and look at corner 2 and thrust to corner 1 or just try curving your way to corner 1 using 3 and staying away from corner 2

I think it’s fine as it is. The Charge isn’t an instant kill unless a player is hit from behind, the fact that it just breaks a player shield otherwise is fine. Its annoying but think it’s fine as is

learn to dodge or continue to get owned!

> 2546678360738636;12:
> I think it’s fine as it is. The Charge isn’t an instant kill unless a player is hit from behind, the fact that it just breaks a player shield otherwise is fine. Its annoying but think it’s fine as is

It actually takes shield and half health.

My only real issue with it is how easily it locks on and stays locked on.

> 2533274832697531;8:
> It has no business in Halo, and should not exist.

seems like a pretty one sided opinion whats your logic behind this?

Spartan charge is okay as a general statement. Annoying but tolerable. However, in Breakout, SWAT, and Griffball it’s complete bs. Melee has always been a bit of a crutch and now they’ve made it a one hit kill in those gametypes and give it absurd range. It’s most irritating in Breakout and Griffball. Breakout because you have one life and it’s incredibly easy to die to and Griffball because it’s completely talentless there. I’m not half bad with my hammer there but what always ends my sprees and multis is someone charging me with the stupid sword for a trade off (you usually still get a melee kill).

> 2560081931056311;10:
> > 2533274832697531;8:
> > It has no business in Halo, and should not exist.
>
>
> Why not?

It’s simply a cheap tactic that does nothing but promote people running around aimlessly like idiots and then REWARDS them for doing so. We already had this issue in Reach. It has zero competitive value.

It completely ruins Grifball for sure, and most definitely should not be in Breakout.

We complain about AA’s, and they make it to where we spawn with 3… LOL. My oh my, I thought Reach was the worst Halo at the time but I sure wish we could just back to that level at this point.

Thrusting is a joke as well, you need a special $150 controller these days to compete at a high level which is a joke. People flying around mid-air, its damn near seizure inducing. All this stuff simply lets people get away too easily, which is why people hate AAs/Sprint in Halo.

My only complaint with it is the magnetism. It shouldn’t have it. TBH I also dislike the lunge on standard melee as well. On weapons it is fine. Melee attacks shouldn’t be so forgiving to pull off.

BTW, the trick to neutralizing SC is to prioritize dodging. A lot of players see an opponent sprinting toward them and try to take a few shots before trying to dodge. By the time they fire a few shots the sprinter is too close, such that you can’t effectively dodge. If you focus on dodging first it is rather easy to make the SCer whiff completely, in which case you have their pants around their ankles. Around corners is a different matter. In that case it is all about awareness, attention to footstep sounds and reaction time. Sometimes you’re just boned. But this isn’t exactly unique to SC.

It has the exact same damage as the melee. It just haa a fancy animation and more knockback. That’s it.

Not overpowered, it’s pretty easy to charge, and doesn’t work sometimes. I love it, and will further induce the rage of other players by using it.