Should you be allowed to control allies units?!

I’ve been a Starcraft player for over 15 yrs. I’m a huge halo wars fan and I loved the beta. I remember when the option to control your allies units came in Starcraft 2. I loved it because I don’t always play with a top tier player as an Allie and new players in my opinion have a hard time doing micro. It’s a great tool to teach your allies how to micro by setting their units up and also if your rebuilding (assuming you lost your main) you can micro your team units while your allie macro to feed you money and get you back in the game faster . I was just curious of how everyone felt and reasons why. Thanks!

Personally I don’t like the idea because halo wars has very little micro but instead a lot of macro and There would undoubtedly be troll that missuse this system and cause it to not function properly.

Instead of direct control, it would be better if your ally could give you his units to control if both of you shared unit population count. That way it avoids the trolls.

> 2533274902628105;2:
> Personally I don’t like the idea because halo wars has very little micro but instead a lot of macro and There would undoubtedly be troll that missuse this system and cause it to not function properly.

If it’s exactly like Starcraft 2, then that wouldn’t be possible.

In SC2, you can toggle the ability for each individual ally to control your troops in real-time. If you don’t like what Ally 1 is doing, you can instantly toggle his control off of your troops off while leaving control with Ally 2.

It’s an ability that you have to activate in-game, every game, and can be enabled/disabled as many times as you’d like.

This is a good idea.

I think it would be a interesting idea to trade units or have the option to choose if you want the units your ally sends you or not. Avoids trolls and has the option for teamwork.

> 2533274866094056;5:
> I think it would be a interesting idea to trade units or have the option to choose if you want the units your ally sends you or not. Avoids trolls and has the option for teamwork.

Again, if done in the same fashion as Starcraft 2 - as the OP states - then there could not possibly be any trolling. It is literally the best possible way to implement it.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> Instead of direct control, it would be better if your ally could give you his units to control if both of you shared unit population count. That way it avoids the trolls.

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean complete control. You essentially share the units. If you can share resources with your teammate why not be able to share control of your units.

> 2533274902628105;2:
> Personally I don’t like the idea because halo wars has very little micro but instead a lot of macro and There would undoubtedly be troll that missuse this system and cause it to not function properly.

If you think halo wars has very little micro your dead wrong in my opinion lol. Get a new player who doesn’t even know what micro means and watch them send their armies into engage. Watch a skilled player who can micro beat 5 tanks with only 3 of his own. Same with every other unit. Micro is a HUGE part of RTS instead of sending your whole army to be anhilated . Kills me to watch all those resources be wasted because my Allie is new, trying to teach them the game and they attack a building instead of the enemy army who is tearing their units apart. “Focus firing”. Very frustrating. And believe it or not there were so many new ppl on the hw2 beta I believe sharing control of units will be a great tool to save ur allies units instead of him losing them all to a bad engagement and then that’s pretty much GG . Macro is easier to pick up and design builds. Micro takes time . Doing both at the same time is overwhelming to newer players but having some micro guidance helps.