Should We Really HAve Loadouts in Halo 4?

I know 343i has announced that there will be custom classes in Halo 4, but is this really a good idea? I’m very concerned they may be trying to copy Call of Duty in some ways (not much so don’t hate) to see if it can bring in more players. Think about this, Halo as a series has always been the one game I have gone back to from the start. I do this, while yes because of its fun and awesomeness, but also because it has stayed an entirely equal game. You start exactly the same as the other team and who ever gets there first will get the power weapons that hold low ammo anyways. Halo Reach stretched this balance some but nothing too bad. So what I’m getting at is if you agree with loadouts. Leave a comment for your answer.

no there really should not be a custom class system. they’re not good for halo, hell they’re not even good in class based shooters. LoL BF3 USAS frags on engineers

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that YOU had experience making halo games, or games in general!

Now why don’t you let 343i, who knows what they’re doing, make this game without a few forum complainers ruin the game before its even out yet.

Depends what you mean by load outs. If it’s choosing between DMR an Br MAYBE but all in all no.

Personally, I don’t mind if Halo 4 has load outs or not, load outs can be very useful some times, but as long as they aren’t forced, and by forced I’m talking what COD and Crysis 2 has, where the maps don’t have any weapons on the map, and the only way you can have different weapons is by unlocking them and putting them into a load out.

Reach’s load outs was fine, but I find them annoying because you can’t hit the start menu and change your load outs, you had the very short period of time after you see the score board, and you spawn.

I don’t mind it as long was it is done correctly.

They don’t mean let us have [power weapons, just weapons that aren’t power weapons, etc.

> Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that YOU had experience making halo games, or games in general!
>
> Now why don’t you let 343i, who knows what they’re doing, make this game without a few forum complainers ruin the game before its even out yet.

Customers, (you know the people buying the game?) know what they want to a certain degree, business don’t always know what they are doing and any successful business uses customer feedback. 200 people no matter how trained can’t beat millions.

> > Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that YOU had experience making halo games, or games in general!
> >
> > Now why don’t you let 343i, who knows what they’re doing, make this game without a few forum complainers ruin the game before its even out yet.
>
> Customers, (you know the people buying the game?) know what they want to a certain degree, business don’t always know what they are doing and any successful business uses customer feedback. 200 people no matter how trained can’t beat millions.

And a handful of people on the forums are some how smarter then the people who are making the game… 343i knows what they’re doing and they know it will sell, but considering we’ve only seen about 20 seconds of gameplay (which we would normally say looks awesome but we were told there was a new load-out system we don’t) we’re already judging it as though we’ve actually played it!

I don’t see why we can’t wait until we know more about the game as opposed to bashing it mindlessly.

343 has not announced a custom loadout system. The news sites said custom loadouts so people who have an idea what was coming. The truth of these matters has yet to be revealed.

Now, on topic: I would like to see loadouts return as an option. I do feel that the full integration Reach used was misguided, but options are always great.

Are we supposed to praise it mindlessly? People such as the op are discussing what we currently know and are making inferences from past games, what else do you expect them to do?

> Now, on topic: I would like to see loadouts return as an option. I do feel that the full integration Reach used was misguided, but options are always great.

Agreed, Loadouts worked well in game types like invasion and swat but were horrible in straight up slayer or objective game types. AA’s should have been pick ups there. Also the custom game option is welcomed so people can take advantage of it for a game type they make with them in mind.

> Now, on topic: I would like to see loadouts return as an option. I do feel that the full integration Reach used was misguided, but options are always great.

I have to agree, what you said was kind of like what I said, as long as we’re not forced to use the load outs, they should be great.

no, which is funny becuase they think it will add players but it really wont becuase halo will just be another generic shooter and not a stand alone unique one like ce-3 were.

> Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that YOU had experience making halo games, or games in general!
>
> Now why don’t you let 343i, who knows what they’re doing, make this game without a few forum complainers ruin the game before its even out yet.

Loadouts just take away the equal starts, which is something Halo was built on. You’re fundamentally changing the game that way.

It sounds fun and that’s all i care,this doesn’t mean we won’t be able to play competitively in the game.

> They don’t mean let us have [power weapons, just weapons that aren’t power weapons, etc.

‘‘there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience, although it should be noted this will not allow players to arrive in a game session with what are traditionally called “power weapons”’’ - Frankie.

I honestly think it’s okay, as long as they’re BALANCED. That is the key.

> I honestly think it’s okay, as long as they’re BALANCED. That is the key.

They have their work cut out for them.

‘‘there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience, although it should be noted this will not allow players to arrive in a game session with what are traditionally called “power weapons”’’ - Frankie.

They will be balanced just wait.

that is humany impposible i mean look at COD i mean theyve had modern warfare 1 2 and 3 plus a few others im sure and none of those games are balanced with the whole loadout thing. if it hasnt been balanced in 5 COD games plus every other game that does it as well as reach, then it will never be balanced.