Should we get a classic firefight gametype?

So after some time for us to get used to the new WZFF gametype and all having our views and opinions where it’s obviously unbalanced in some places, all that aside, would anyone be interested if 343 introduced more of a classic firefight gametype? Like in reach and odst, maybe having lives reintroduced, a unlimited timer but keep some of the new elements like reqs and bosses except make the bosses show up every 5th round or something. I think it would be a great idea, to give us players more of an old school firefight vibe while still having some of the new elements of warzone, maybe even keep the fireteam number at 8. What’s your views on the topic? Anyone got any neat ideas?
And I’m not saying I’m disappointed with WZFF, but it is very unbalanced which can make it very difficult most of the time plus it was sort of different from what I was expecting, I didn’t take part in the beta or watch any gameplay so I was sort of thinking it would be like my idea of the more classic variant.

I’d like for classic FF to come back. hopefully 343 will put it in.

Same here, I also really liked the feature in reach when you could customise your own gametype, that was a great feature, so much variety, it’s a shame 343 haven’t tried to build on that yet, especially with all the new stuff we’ve got in h5.

I wouldn’t mind if bosses/enemies dropped REQ’s on occasion, but being able to call in your own REQ’s would make firefight REQ-reliant to balance it out, same problem with WZFF. Everything else would be cool though.

Maybe if we could forge warzone and firefight, I bet the community would go to town with amazing ideas.

…why does everything need a classic variant these days?

Besides, WZFF doesnt stray that far from how Reach handled online FF. Besides the part people farmed Reach’s firefight for easy points.
I mean, it’s certainly not perfect but I didnt really care for ODST’s CoD zombies/Gears’ Horde mode-esque wave survival.

> 2533274799135257;6:
> …why does everything need a classic variant these days?
>
> Besides, WZFF doesnt stray that far from how Reach handled online FF. Besides the part people farmed Reach’s firefight for easy points.

Actually, WZFF is a distinctively different gametype compared to the classic. Older versions of this gametype was purely about survival and holding out against increasingly difficult odds. WZFF dials it to 11 right from the get-go

I was hoping that including Firefight would become the norm for future Halo games. I’d love to see it in Halo 5, but I doubt we’ll ever have the amount of maps and customization options as we did in Halo: Reach.

I think if there’s wave after wave of well balanced enemies for the first 4 rounds it would be easy to get to req level 9, then you could use all the good stuff against the boss and then at the start of each new set the difficulty could increase slightly and the reqs could reset but instead of going all the way down it could like go to level 2 at the start of set 2, level 3 at set 3 and so on, just to give people more of a fighting chance as the difficulty gets higher all while being fairly balanced, like you don’t want to be wasting a scorpion on just a few grunt squads, save it for the big stuff.

Btw I did try adding this to the conversation earlier but I’m new to the forums so I’ve got a very short daily post cap :s

No need. Warzone Firefight is enough.

… if they wanted to do Spartan Ops 2.0, YES PLEASE

> 2533274820812525;1:
> So after some time for us to get used to the new WZFF gametype and all having our views and opinions where it’s obviously unbalanced in some places, all that aside, would anyone be interested if 343 introduced more of a classic firefight gametype? Like in reach and odst, maybe having lives reintroduced, a unlimited timer but keep some of the new elements like reqs and bosses except make the bosses show up every 5th round or something. I think it would be a great idea, to give us players more of an old school firefight vibe while still having some of the new elements of warzone, maybe even keep the fireteam number at 8. What’s your views on the topic? Anyone got any neat ideas?
> And I’m not saying I’m disappointed with WZFF, but it is very unbalanced which can make it very difficult most of the time plus it was sort of different from what I was expecting, I didn’t take part in the beta or watch any gameplay so I was sort of thinking it would be like my idea of the more classic variant.

I think I would enjoy this a lot more than the current FF mode. The thing that made FF fun for me was the fact that you would have to cooperate and play tacticaly in order to win. Unfortunately this is not the feeling I get from the current FF mode.

Man that timer is killing me. Its just no fun to feel rushed into just running into battle potentionally getting wiped just because that count down gets closer.

Lives would be a far better solution and would encourage tactical play instead of just dropping req after req because there is no way to beat any one these dudes without them in the alotted time given.

Would love to see this

> 2533274971171822;10:
> No need. Warzone Firefight is enough.
>
> … if they wanted to do Spartan Ops 2.0, YES PLEASE

As much as I did enjoy spartan ops, I’d still prefer a more classic version of firefight, I like what they’ve done with WZFF because it sort of has a bit of both in it, like the waves of enemies but also the objectives. I just think it could be greatly improved (like many others in the community). But classic firefight would be amazing to see in Halo 5, especially if like I said before they kept the new elements like reqs and bosses, I guess there could be 2 classic variants, the old variation (odst/reach style) and firefight 3.0 with reqs and bosses.