should we be able spartan ops play offline?

season one is over now. do you think we should be able to play spartan ops offline?

i know alot of people do not like spartan ops but it is a story non-the less. and recently halo 2 pc servers are now being shutdown so when the time comes for halo 4 servers to be brought down we lose all of spartan ops.

i understand people gonna say when the time comes for that to happen we most likely wouldn’t be playing halo 4 still but i still play halo 2 pc.

if a season is to be put into halo 4 after the season is over why not make a patch to enable you to play it offline and be able to watch the videos alone with it.

what do you think? i can’t be the only one thinking this.

There no reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to play it offline, once the season is over. I understand all the gibber gabber about people playing offline, and changing their consoles dates to see them all early.

But why not make them available to play offline once a season is over?

No one should earn XP whilst playing Spartan Ops, that way it makes little to no difference if you play it on-line or not.

The only reason I can see why they want people to be on-line to play is if you unlock some sort of armour, that way 343 can verify that it was obtained legitimately. I don’t even care about armour, so it makes no difference to me.

Weve downloaded, its on our hard drive, but for some reason beyond my understanding we cant use it offline.

We can play custom matchs on DLC so I really dont understand whats going on.

Of course we should. Single player should never rely on an online connection or a gold account, nor should local co-op.

Don’t think you’re alone OP, the majority of people agree with you.

> There no reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to play it offline, once the season is over. I understand all the gibber gabber about people playing offline, and changing their consoles dates to see them all early.

good point with the date changing but with a patch to enable it to be only accessed after the season is over the people who love doing ops and simply enjoy the story of the halo universe.

Yes.

I feel sorry for players that don’t go on live as the campaign is so short and easy (even on legendary…) the game isn’t even worth playing with out gold members.

I’d happily trade in Halo 4 if I didn’t have xbox live.

Yes, you should be able to play it offline.

Will you be able to? I doubt it.

> Yes.
>
> I feel sorry for players that don’t go on live as the campaign is so short and easy (even on legendary…) the game isn’t even worth playing with out gold members.
>
> I’d happily trade in Halo 4 if I didn’t have xbox live.

I found it more challenging than Reach or ODST. Also CE but I think that’s because I’m so familiar with CE’s levels after ten years.

I personally wouldn’t trade it in as I’m a huge campaign player and I enjoy splitscreen but, as indicated in the link I posted above, the idea that Spartan Ops would be locked away when my Gold expires or the servers shut down infuriates me.

Yup. You could play Firefight offline in Reach. Why should this be any different?

This is why I can’t understand how they claim SpOps to be “free”. Xbox Live Gold costs money, you need Xbox Live Gold to play SpOps, ergo, SpOps is not free.

Having lived without Live for a long time, I sympathize with people who are missing out on the experience.

It’s quite cruel to shun the offline players.

Oddly enough, other than perhaps the new maps they made for the 2nd half of season 1, the most expensive part was probably the cinematics, which anyone can see for free anyway.

I have Gold (Yearly) and I moved recently away from a place where I was sharing an internet bill. I no longer have constant net access, but I have a friend that lets me borrow his for downloads.

Why can I not play offline? I have Gold, I bought the game, I even downloaded the S1 Part2 pack. I just want to play the story and watch the cinematics, why can’t I do that at home? I don’t even care if it was made conditional that you could only earn XP for SpOps online. I just want the story and missions.