Should they add Mark VII?

I think it would be pretty cool if they added Mark VII armour, as of 2553 only Naomi-10 has this armour but I think it should be added as an armour for multiplayer but due to it costing more than a longsword they should make it a challenge to obtain this armour, I’ve been wondering what it would look like ever since I heard of it, what do you guys think?

Mark VII

Yes.

Slap Chief in some MK. VII in Halo 5 at some point.

And I love the idea that it be difficult to get.

You should have to complete multiple hidden achievements to unlock the set.

~ Duck.

> Yes.
>
> Slap Chief in some MK. VII in Halo 5 at some point.
>
> And I love the idea that it be difficult to get.
>
> You should have to complete multiple hidden achievements to unlock the set.
>
> ~ Duck.

Sorta like the Vidmasters for recon would be a good way! To be honest I’m surprised 343 haven’t made an armour that is extremely hard to get.

> > Yes.
> >
> > Slap Chief in some MK. VII in Halo 5 at some point.
> >
> > And I love the idea that it be difficult to get.
> >
> > You should have to complete multiple hidden achievements to unlock the set.
> >
> > ~ Duck.
>
> Sorta like the Vidmasters for recon would be a good way! To be honest I’m surprised 343 haven’t made an armour that is extremely hard to get.

Yes, pretty much. Very specific things akin to jumping through the Halo holograms in H3 to unlock Hyabusa.

~ Duck.

Anyone know the source for this one? The link didn’t provide…

I like the idea of the rarest armor being most difficult to unlock. That’s just good common sense.

I just hope it looks more like a suit of armor that can augment the wearer’s strength and agility. Halo 4’s armor never gave this impression, it looked more like a wetsuit with armor plating, and no real augmentation abilities.

> Anyone know the source for this one? The link didn’t provide…
>
> I like the idea of the rarest armor being most difficult to unlock. That’s just good common sense.
>
> I just hope it looks more like a suit of armor that can augment the wearer’s strength and agility. Halo 4’s armor never gave this impression, it looked more like a wetsuit with armor plating, and no real augmentation abilities.

Try this.

Basically all it says is that it’s better than Mk. VI, costs more to produce than a Longsword aircraft and Naomi is the only Spartan that wears it (that we know of. Locke may well be wearing a variant).

~ Duck.

I think they should add it, but not give it to Master Chief, have blue team use it (maybe) if they’re in the game, IMO that would be cool, however as I’m writing this, it occurs to me, why would blue team have it and not MC, is he not as important as Blue team? Damn it, now I’m rambling. Sorry, it’s late at night here :confused:

Yes, I’d also like to see markV hw armor

It’d be aweseome to see Mk. VII in-game. I really think they should give him the new armor because I believe he is worth more than 2 Longswords. Not to sure about it being in multiplayer though.

perhaps this is what locke is wearing and 343 havent mentioned that yet. i mean he looks sleak as yoink

I used to get really excited when I saw people wearing Recon in Halo 3. It would be cool to see a new exclusive armour only worn by 343i employees and those they choose to give it to. Mark VII sounds like a good choice.

> perhaps this is what locke is wearing and 343 havent mentioned that yet. i mean he looks sleak as yoink

It could be but the designs looks more like Gen. 2 armor. Naomi’s Mk.VII looks different; though it is from a book.

i’d personally like to see mark IV-VI in the next game. and i think making the mark VI really hard to obtain would is a great idea considering its rarity in the universe itself. plus it could give players incentive like the recon armor in halo 3. another set of vidmaster achievements would be a great way to go, provided they stay campaign achievements since matchmaking achievements usually alter how people play and not in a positive way.

Locke’s helmet has a strange “Hayabusa” and Deadeye likeness. The chest might be a subsequent GEN2 iteration of the Mark VII, however.

I think the latest Recruit iteration (Halo 5) greatly resembles a Mark IV.

Yes, but if its tied to vidmaster PLEASE no 4 player requirement. I’ve never been able to complete one because I’ve never been able to get 4 people together, and I don’t like being forced to rely on other people. Every time I’ve tried it someone quits out half way and I have to start again. It seems like more of a “you have 3 reliable gaming friends” achievement than a “you are badass” achievement.

Sure - gives 343i an excuse to come up with a sweeter armor set.

> Locke’s helmet has a strange “Hayabusa” and Deadeye likeness. The chest might be a subsequent GEN2 iteration of the Mark VII, however.
>
> I think the latest Recruit iteration (Halo 5) greatly resembles a Mark IV.

I would probably say Locke’s armor is the latest permutation Soldier armor. That being said Halo 5 just needs more helmets with brims and visors!!!

But yes, please add Mark VII 343! Let it look futuristic and nice but still look like Master Chiefs armor. And at some point put him in it.

I don’t know but the Mark V better be on disc, day one and not added in DLC like in 4… but yeah they should! It’s always nice to get new armor.

I dont know if id like to see chief in the armor seeing how iconic has become. especially with the halo 4 look which i prefer. MAYBE it it stayed kinda true to his look then yeah. but bring it on definitely for the other spartanos!

If you ask me Halo 4 had the worst armor sets and options out of any of the Halo games, they just looked like they belonged somewhere else. The starting suit was cool and true to Halo, but so many just looked bizarre and ugly.

If they keep on moving these spartan suits more and more towards looking fore runner, super techy or anime looking then Halo will have lost its own style and vision. The new Spartans already look way off from how I envisioned what Spartans were all about, back before Bungie did ODST and Reach.