Should there be more guitar in Halo 5's Soundtrack

Should there be more guitar in the soundtrack of Halo 5 or other future Halo games? I went back to listening to the old soundtracks today and I loved it, especially Blow me Away in halo 2, you can’t deny that was awesome. Halo 4 did have a nice soundtrack but then I realized that there was a lack of epic guitar moments. I just think that Halo 5 could use some guitar in the soundtrack, like CE, Halo 2 and 3 had. What do you guys think? Should there be more guitar in Halo 5?

Did you know John Mayer contributed to the H2 soundtrack without getting any recognition at all? Pretty cool. I don’t really have an opinion on your question, just wanted to share a little tidbit of info.

Mjolnir mix and reclaimer say yes.

There should be more strings, guitars, and pianos…

If it fits then I don’t see why not but we already have two very distinct styles of music (Chief and Locke) so I don’t know if it would fit as well as it did in Halo 2.

You already know it. They need to get Steve Vai back in the studio to record some mad “shreddings” to compliment Halo’s beautiful music.

There needs to be more melodic techno like in CE since we’re on Sangheilios with added horns to fit with their “grand” and “honorable” society and architecture. If we’re dealing with Earth or other human planets, add more rock. If we’re dealing with Forerunner, add more heavy orchestra and symphony. If we’re dealing with Covenant/Sangheili stuff, add more electronic.

Eh, I’d rather not. Mjolnir mix and blow me away are amongst my least favorite tracks in Halo’s music.

Well, it definitely could use some more cowbell.

More Guitar? Maybe… There’s about a 117billion styles of “guitar”, though. I’d like to hear some lighter toned electric, like you hear in…say Aerosmith’s “Dream On”. 343’s music engineers do an excellent job with regards to creating sonic space, so I imagine they could get really creative if they used a more simple lead instrument like this.

Nope not really. I’d like more classical themed Halo tunes.

Definitely needs more cowbell.

There was some guitar work even in Halo 1, I think it was in the silent cartographer mission. So guitar does have a place in Halo, it always has. Not so much vocals or a band, but just drums and guitar shredding. But it should be reserved for a special moment or two in the campaign only.

If you listen to some of the Halo 5 soundtrack there is a piece with guitar( yes I know the full soundtrack isn’t released yet). It sounds awesome! It’s on YouTube, the channel is FilmScoreMedia, he rips out the music from the Halo 5 ViDocs and other Halo 5 behind the scenes videos( it doesn’t sound perfect but it’s the best we have now). The music sounds really good and I can tell it’s going to be better than Halo 4’s score.

Guitar gives me the power of extra killing power, good against Covies. Sooo yeah, for humanity sakes, more guitar in future Halo games.

> 2533274928239663;1:
> Should there be more guitar in the soundtrack of Halo 5 or other future Halo games? I went back to listening to the old soundtracks today and I loved it, especially Blow me Away in halo 2, you can’t deny that was awesome. Halo 4 did have a nice soundtrack but then I realized that there was a lack of epic guitar moments. I just think that Halo 5 could use some guitar in the soundtrack, like CE, Halo 2 and 3 had. What do you guys think? Should there be more guitar in Halo 5?

Not only guitar but great orchestration like Halo CE,2,3 and ODST that had a very well done soundtrack but not only for the guitar as you see on Halo3:ODST has moments of no guitar but amazing strings that make a great environment with the game, and also on CE,2 & 3 the music was epic all the orchestra and how it complement the gameplay it’s awesome.
On the other side we have Halo 4 and another kind of soundtrack that i really feel the no match with the Halo Universe… i prefer more epic and dramatic than dark and misterious

Halo 2A’s Scorpion Mix rocked my world, and I would love to see more themes like that.

The Halo 2 soundtrack is the one that will date the worst of all precisely because of it’s epic guitar moments. John Williams didn’t put any epic guitar moments in his Star Wars score. Pretty sure the late and very great James Horner left all epic guitar moments in the garbage when he scored Avatar. Jerry Goldsmith’s score for Stark Trek: The Motion Picture? You guessed it. Zero epic guitar moments. I’m not saying that music can’t be great if it has an epic guitar moment, but history is against you on this one.

> 2533274873843883;17:
> The Halo 2 soundtrack is the one that will date the worst of all precisely because of it’s epic guitar moments. John Williams didn’t put any epic guitar moments in his Star Wars score. Pretty sure the late and very great James Horner left all epic guitar moments in the garbage when he scored Avatar. Jerry Goldsmith’s score for Stark Trek: The Motion Picture? You guessed it. Zero epic guitar moments. I’m not saying that music can’t be great if it has an epic guitar moment, but history is against you on this one.

You’re probably correct, but guitar doesn’t have to = epic guitar solos/moments.

Probably not

I loved the guitar soundtrack on “the arbiter” but to be honest compared to how Halo 3 used there guitar soundtrack it felt really out of place.