Should there be a new base weapon in Halo?

Should there be a new base weapon in halo 5 (like the or be br) I was thinking of a weapon that can switch between semi automatic to burst for mid to long rage encounters. Maybe it can be a hybrid of Covenant and UNSC tech to mix things up.

I honestly can’t think of another weapon that wouldn’t function like the AR, BR, SMG, or DMR. Also, what’s in your parentheses?

> 2535455681930574;2:
> I honestly can’t think of another weapon that wouldn’t function like the AR, BR, SMG, or DMR. Also, what’s in your parentheses?

Me neither… lol probably a faster firing pistol than the M6H2 (current standard loadout pistol we have)

But we like the AR? Do you realize how much flak 343 would get for removing the AR? It happened in Halo 2, but people just look for every little reason to bash 343.

nty

A gun with alternate firing modes for different ranges? Do you want to turn Halo into a one-gun game? Because that’s what a weapon like that would do.

They kinda/sorta did that in Halo 4. We had the Supressor and Lightrifle as loadout weapons too. It was…messy.
THAT SAID a carbine (something more powerful than the SMG but not as powerful as the AR, fast fire rate, moderate damage) would be pretty cool to see. If for no other reason than it could be the MA5K from Ghosts of Onyx.