Should there be a Beta?

My only concern, with all the changes… Are you absolutely sure you will make the game well enough without a public beta?

Judging from the perks and streaks… I say we need a beta to sand the rough edges off.

Because from the way you explained it in the video, and with the changes, you don’t want on to shield the sales, whether it’s a good game or not you’re not willing to bet on it.

I don’t care either way.

Should there be? Yes.

But there won’t be so all we can do is hope that 343 does their best they can possibly do with polishing things up. Naturally, there will be glitches that are found within the first few days that need patching but maybe they lacked the resources to ship a beta.

A beta would also push back the release date and that is not something they have any control over.

> I don’t care either way.

What do you mean you dont care?

I think it’d be really fun, but frankie said in an interview that a beta might hinder their progress towards hitting the release date.

It’d be nice to have a beta and get our hands on it ourselves, but I’m also okay without a beta. 343i and Microsoft have an extensive testing department. I trust they can accomplish what they need without sacrificing the resources that a public beta would entail. :slight_smile:

> It’d be nice to have a beta and get our hands on it ourselves, but I’m also okay without a beta. 343i and Microsoft have an extensive testing department. I trust they can accomplish what they need without sacrificing the resources that a public beta would entail. :slight_smile:

I don’t think they would have enough people to test it efficiently. That’s why game companies have open beta’s, so that a large number of data can be recorded, such as player behavior, weapon balance, and glitches. They should delay the game if they need to like epic did with gears 3 to make sure the multiplayer was polished.

I would like to see a Beta made available to general Xbox LIVE public. I want to have a general knowing and understanding of what to expect when I slap down $100 at the counter come this holiday period.

Also, a Beta is also good to “stress” test the servers.

> My only concern, with all the changes… Are you absolutely
>
> Judging from the perks and streaks… I say we need a beta to sand the rough edges off.

Umm no mention of streaks anywhere man… The “perk” system is not the perk system we know from CoD

> I would like to see a Beta made available to general Xbox LIVE public. I want to have a general knowing and understanding of what to expect when I slap down $100 at the counter come this holiday period.
>
> Also, a Beta is also good to “stress” test the servers.

I’m pretty sure they’re going to be using the same servers as halo reach.

of course there will be a beta… they can’t expect to nail it first go so 343i needs us the community to test it first

> of course there will be a beta… they can’t expect to nail it first go so 343i needs us the community to test it first

It’s already been confirmed that there won’t be a beta. There was an interview with frankie.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

blank

I’d like for certain groups of players to not give their input into the development of the game. While a beta would be nice to play Halo 4, Halo 2 did just fine without one.

Honestly

No beta.

honestly if there was then reach kids would be like 343 put back bloom it takes skill!

> I’d like for certain groups of players to not give their imput into the development of the game. While a beta would be nice to play Halo 4, Halo 2 did just fine without one.

Did it really? The double shot and the bxr were both unintended glitches, that would have more than likely been found during a beta testing phase, and fixed before the game released.

> 343 Industries should delay the game if they need to like Epic games did with Gears of War 3 to make sure the multiplayer was polished.

Quite true. Gears of War 2 didn’t have a Beta and look how that turned out.

> > I’d like for certain groups of players to not give their imput into the development of the game. While a beta would be nice to play Halo 4, Halo 2 did just fine without one.
>
> Did it really? The double shot and the bxr were both unintended glitches, that would have more than likely been found during a beta testing phase, and fixed before the game released.

You can’t be certain of this.

halo 2 had a closed beta btw, played by MLG players, of which used these so called button glitches.

Plus the first year of halo 2 was SMG starts was it not? not really sure myself

So I doubt the bxr was not crazy out the box, Unless I was mistaken, I missed out on the halo 2 era and I feel bad about it (had the game, No nets )

> > I’d like for certain groups of players to not give their imput into the development of the game. While a beta would be nice to play Halo 4, Halo 2 did just fine without one.
>
> Did it really? The double shot and the bxr were both unintended glitches, that would have more than likely been found during a beta testing phase, and fixed before the game released.

A pair of glitches that were difficult to pull off, yet anyone who tried and practiced could have.

It’s not like people would have found it without being told by a futureman. Did people ever find the glitch in Reach where you can drop a turret while using an AA, then you drop your primary weapon with it? People didn’t foresee the brokenness of Armor Lock or Jetpack, either.

Unless given an extended period of time, not much will be found. 343 already announced that they are testing the game extensively, and a public beta would just halt production so the in-house version would not exceed the public version.

> > of course there will be a beta… they can’t expect to nail it first go so 343i needs us the community to test it first
>
> It’s already been confirmed that there won’t be a beta. There was an interview with frankie.

damm… :frowning: