Should there be a 60 minute ban for quitting

Subject says it all really

Absolutely not.

With join-in-progress halfway through a game of Regicide or CTF, there should be no penalty.

Remove join-in-progress… then this is a legitimate discussion.

Halo reach had one, why can’t halo 4?

Heck no! I quit because when I get mad, I go to another game and see if I would do better in that one. There’s a probablity of a team still winning if one of the -20 players quit or get booted.

NO WAY, WITH CONNECTION ISSUES, LAG, SMALL POPULATIONS, AND JIP, NO WAY!

haha, dude you got three separate banning threads in the last 5 minutes…

I concur.

Yet reading through old forum posts a minute ago most people flame some guy because he raises this exact same issue (all be it in a different way)

Funny how life is really

> NO WAY, WITH CONNECTION ISSUES, LAG, SMALL POPULATIONS, AND JIP, NO WAY!

You don’t have a clue of what you’re talkin about. With connection issues, lag, small populations, and JIP, quitting shouldn’t be a bad thing.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Ay, shut up boy cause you don’t have a clue of what you’re talkin about. But anyway, with connection issues, lag, small populations, and JIP, quitting shouldn’t be a bad thing.

> haha, dude you got three separate banning threads in the last 5 minutes…

I don’t know what that means sorry

There should be a ban, but it should be less than 60 minutes like it was in Reach. Make it 20-30 minutes. And it should not matter in the least that there is a Join In Progress, that is just people whining because they want to quit because they may happen to get on a losing team.

I keep seeing people saying that JiP negates people quitting, but it really doens’t.

If there is a BTB game, and 1 person quits from the winning team, while 3 quit from the losing team, you’re likely to get put on the losing team.

The JiP COULD be an amazing feature if tweeked properly, but at the current state, BECAUSE there is no quit penalty, the majority of matches you’ll be thrown into unwinnable situations.

All I read there was a bunch of excuses for someone who wants to quit just because the team they are on is losing.

> There should be a ban, but it should be less than 60 minutes like it was in Reach. Make it 20-30 minutes. And it should not matter in the least that there is a Join In Progress, that is just people whining because they want to quit because they may happen to get on a losing team.

That assumes that people only quit because they’re losing which is nieve

> Heck no! I quit because when I get mad, I go to another game and see if I would do better in that one.

So basically you shop games until you find players worse than you and leave the previous game where you screwed over your team.

Have you tried Kinectimals?

Not for as long as JiP is in the game. Here’s an idea, remove JiP, put in quit bans. People will quit less, meaning less unfair team numbers, and now the need for JiP has disappeared.

1-50 with quit bans could have fixed de-ranking too, as it would take far too long to de-rank with quit bans.

> Halo reach had one, why can’t halo 4?

but reach gave you warnings. if you quit too many times, there were consequences.

> And it should not matter in the least that there is a Join In Progress, that is just people whining because they want to quit because they may happen to get on a losing team.

I do this. If I joined a game and my team was winning, I’ll stay in. But if the team is losing 325 - 70. I gots to skit daddle.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

> And it should not matter in the least that there is a Join In Progress, that is just people whining because they want to quit because they may happen to get on a losing team.

Hey! you need to shut ya mouth boy cause I do this. If I joined a game and my team was winning, I’ll stay in. But if the team is losing 325 - 70. I gots to skit daddle.

> > Halo reach had one, why can’t halo 4?
>
> but reach gave you warnings. if you quit too many times, there were consequences.

Well you shouldn’t quit in the first place, unless you really have to. “Because of my team!” is not an acceptable answer.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

JIP should be a player option for those who get their -Yoink!- in a bunch.

I’m lvl 130 and I’m a random in 99% of my matches. When I get jumped into a game I don’t care as long as I play well.

You have to do a lot of quitting to get banned so cry to your mommy if you don’t like it.

> > Heck no! I quit because when I get mad, I go to another game and see if I would do better in that one.
>
> So basically you shop games until you find players worse than you and leave the previous game where you screwed over your team.
>
> Have you tried Kinectimals?

I know, right!? And if I was the only one going negative with the last team, I could quit and stop giving the enemy team so many kills yo!

Yea, I tried kinectimals, cause me and your mom played it last night, but only she was the one that I kinected to. Heeeheewhoahehermp! XD