Should the Tri-Gates return?

For those not in the know how the Tri-gates were a legendary secret from Halo 2 for three reasons.

1. They were almost impossible to find and get to (you had to go under a lake for one)

2. So far as we know they were EPIC but…completely useless. The rumour was that Bungie run out of time to add a purpose for the tri-gates.

3)There were so many myths surrounding them. One was that you needed to activate all of the skulls in a certain order to open the tri-gates. Another was that behind the gate was a incredibly powerful weapon (some suggested a nuke launcher). Another was that the tri-gate would give you the name of the unknown skull. For all we know they could still do these things (but I doubt it).

So should the Tri-gates return as a easter egg?

And if they did what would you like them to do?

> For those not in the know how the Tri-gates were a legendary secret from Halo 2 for three reasons.
>
> 1) They were almost impossible to find and get to (you had to go under a lake for one)
>
> 2) So far as we know they were EPIC but…completely useless. The rumour was that Bungie run out of time to add a purpose for the tri-gates.
>
> 3)There were so many myths surrounding them. One was that you needed to activate all of the skulls in a certain order to open the tri-gates. Another was that behind the gate was a incredibly powerful weapon (some suggested a nuke launcher). Another was that the tri-gate would give you the name of the unknown skull. For all we know they could still do these things (but I doubt it).
>
> So should the Tri-gates return as a easter egg?
>
> And if they did what would you like them to do?

I love Easter Eggs, so I’m all for having stuff like this. I like mysteries too, so even better.

Scarab Gun!

Personally, I wouldn’t just want the buttons there, knowing they do nothing. If 343 actually gives the buttons a purpose, then I would definitely like to see them return.

> Scarab Gun!

^This.

If we can’t have it in Halo 4…
Then they should do it in Halo 2 Anniversary! :smiley:

Also I’d like the secret doors of Containment to make an appearance on one of the multiplayer maps.
But you can actually open them, lol. :slight_smile: