Should the Scoped Magnum Return?

What do you guys want to see? One of the Magnum types from Halo 2/3 or a scoped Magnum variant from the other games? I want to see the scope Magnum make a return, however, this of course does pose problems for the Battle Rifle, as these are seen as the same weapon, but it may be possible to work around that, what do you think?

A mix of Reach, 3 and CE.

Reach scope and clip.
Halo 3 rate of fire.
3 headshot to kill.
6 bodyshots to kill.
Slightly reduced range from Reach.

Halo 2 Magnum + dual-wielding FTW

Scoped Magnum FTW

> A mix of Reach, 3 and CE.
>
> Reach scope and clip.
> Halo 3 rate of fire.
> 3 headshot to kill.
> 6 bodyshots to kill.
> Slightly reduced range from Reach.

Actually, not a bad idea.

For the love of god no.

It’s a magnum, it doesn’t need a scope!

> > A mix of Reach, 3 and CE.
> >
> > Reach scope and clip.
> > Halo 3 rate of fire.
> > 3 headshot to kill.
> > 6 bodyshots to kill.
> > Slightly reduced range from Reach.
>
> Actually, not a bad idea.

Yeah, my idea for the Magnum was basically the Reach version, but with a 12-round clip, and no reticule bloom, but I like this.

The Magnum I described would own at close range but still lose to a 4 burst BR at mid range. The BR would lose to the single shot, 6 shot kill Carbine at long range. Then you have your Shotgun and Sniper Rifle for extreme close and long ranges.

Throw in automatics and power weapons and there’s your weapon sandbox.

> The Magnum I described would own at close range but still lose to a 4 burst BR at mid range. The BR would lose to the single shot, 6 shot kill Carbine at long range. Then you have your Shotgun and Sniper Rifle for extreme close and long ranges.
>
> Throw in automatics and power weapons and there’s your weapon sandbox.

I always like your ideas until you are starting to descripe them …

>
> Reach scope and clip.
> Halo 3 rate of fire.
> 3 headshot to kill.
> 6 bodyshots to kill.

this is probably the best idea but reduce the range a bit more than slightly.

> The Magnum I described would own at close range but still lose to a 4 burst BR at mid range. The BR would lose to the single shot, 6 shot kill Carbine at long range. Then you have your Shotgun and Sniper Rifle for extreme close and long ranges.
>
> Throw in automatics and power weapons and there’s your weapon sandbox.

I think that could work, but I still want a weapon that can effectively counter the sniper in certain situations, or bridge the gap a little more, like a BR with a little more range, say with 2.5x zoom, and a tighter spread than that in Halo 3, but also make it to where if you fire another 3-round burst while a 3-round burst is being fired, it will throw off aim.

> What do you guys want to see? One of the Magnum types from Halo 2/3 or a scoped Magnum variant from the other games? I want to see the scope Magnum make a return, however, this of course does pose problems for the Battle Rifle, as these are seen as the same weapon, but it may be possible to work around that, what do you think?

Honestly, I think the return of the scoped magnum lead to the downfall of Infection in Reach. Infection worked well in Halo 2 and 3 b/c it was a close-quarters game. In Reach you could pick off Zombies from across the map, making Zombie players even more frustrated.

I’d personally love to multiple types of magnums and other weapons for that matter in Halo 4. A scoped magnum, non-scoped, rapid-fire/weak, slow-fire/powerful, etc. Not like how CoD does it where you can add an attachment to a gun, but more like ODST where there are already guns w/ attachments on the map itself. Having more guns variants to play with will definitely help make the maps more balanced b/c odds are good we’ll find the specific gun we need to make the balance of a map better.

Small maps would work better a scopeless magnum, medium maps would work better with a scoped magnum, and larger maps need a BR/DMR/whatever the new mid-long precision weapon will be. Players love variety and the more variety we have, the longer lasting appeal Halo 4 will have.

@^ Weapon Editor - modify damage, rate of fire, range, reload time, raise time, lower time, scope, melee strength, projectile speed, aesthetics,

>
> Reach scope and clip.
> Halo 3 rate of fire.
> 3 headshot to kill.
> 6 bodyshots to kill.

I think it should be 4 headshots.

Halo 3 Pistol Rate of Fire & properties such a range and damage.
Halo: Reach Scope and clip

Would be perfect.

either the God Pistol from CE, or the Pistol from Reach. it MUST have a scope.

the Pistol from Halo 3 is useless. it has a terrible RoF, and low damage.

4SK Halo CE magnum without a scope if any other mid range weapon is to be included in the game (Which it will, because the community doesn’t seem to understand the problem brought up by redundant weapons) and a 4SK CE magnum with a scope if it’s the only mid range weapon in the game.

Halo 2 Magnum and if its possible using in each hand like Halo 2.
The Halo 2 Magnum for me is the best

Halo 2 Magnum + scope (for medium range) + laser (that someone could see that your being targeted so others can be alarmed) + magnum in each hand

Erm, The Halo 1 magnum was fantastic.

But I’d like to see something new…

people bash CoD for not changing but people cry when Halo wasn’t like the last one.

>
> Reach scope and clip.
> Halo 3 rate of fire.
> 3 headshot to kill.
> 6 bodyshots to kill.

This is a pretty good idea!