Should the SAW machine gun be more powerful?

Should the SAW machine gun that is delivered via ordinance package be more powerful than it currently is? Technically, if may seem already a strong enough weapon at close range, but I think this is simply an illusionary effect due to it having a high rate of fire. I think essentially the SAW would be the same exact thing as the assault rifle if the fire rate was dumbed down. Does anyone think that it should appear less in an ordinance package, yet, be more powerful at close range ( and possibly long range as well) in a future Halo installment?

It’s fine as it is when it comes to it’s RoF and damage. What they need to do is reduce the Bullet Magnetism on everything, not just the SAW.

I got 18 in a row with a SAW. It don’t need no buff.

TAKE PERSONAL/RANDOM ORDNANCE OUT!!! LEAVE ONLY GLOBAL ORDNANCE TO MARK OUT POWER WEAPONS FOR NEWBIES LIKE IN THROWDOWN, BUT ADD WEAPONS ON MAP LIKE LOADOUTS WEAPONS AND NEEDLERS!

You are correct about it being an Assault Rifle clone if the rate-of-fire is reduced. They even fire the same 7.62x51mm bullet lol!

It should rather I think receive a boost in range, as that is one of the many desirable traits that all LMG’s share, range-and extreme at that.

I think its fine, its essentially an AR with way better burstfire (when used at longer distances) and rate of fire.

I think it’s fine as it is. Rate of fire and ammo are good, range is good, power is fine, reload time is appropriate, fills its spot as an ordnance drop.

Good job on that SAW, 343.

I’m not sure. There have been times where I’ve outright beat a SAW user with a Storm Rifle when we both started shooting at the same time. Maybe the user was just bad.

It’s already a straight upgrade to the AR.

> Should the SAW machine gun that is delivered via ordinance package be more powerful than it currently is? Technically, if may seem already a strong enough weapon at close range, but I think this is simply an illusionary effect due to it having a high rate of fire. I think essentially the SAW would be the same exact thing as the assault rifle if the fire rate was dumbed down. Does anyone think that it should appear less in an ordinance package, yet, be more powerful at close range ( and possibly long range as well) in a future Halo installment?

Dude, short range?

A couple of examples for you to show otherwise.

Exile:

If I’m in the cave area/top middle and around the entrance door that leads out towards the Scorpion spawn spot, with burst fire, I can kill enemies at the Scorpion spawn spot, approaching the Scorpion, in the Scorpion etc.

Ragnarok:

If I’m in the caves coming from either Red base on the right or Blue base coming from the left, you can kill enemies, using burst fire, I can kill enemies on top middle. Vice versa, from top middle, using burst fire, I can kill enemies coming out of those caves.

I don’t know what you call short range but, for a machine gun, IMO, that is good!

Nah I think the SAW is plenty adequate as is. Shreds at close range and even middle range if used properly. It’s one of my more favorite additions to the Halo 4 weapons mix.

I think it’s fine as it is. It shreds enemies at close range, and can be effective at longer range when fired in bursts.

I think the SAW’s ability to render opponents into ribbons is quite satisfactory. However, I do believe that it should contain less bloom, because it barely stands a chance against a DMR.

The SAW is fine. The power weapons in general are fine the way they are. All of the power weapons work as intended.