Should the Overshield get a buff?

Some gameplay if anyone wants a source Link.

Personally I felt like the OS was fine except vs the SMG. So I wouldn’t mind a small buff in that regard or a nerf in the SMG (a small nerf).

> 2533274909139271;2:
> Personally I felt like the OS was fine except vs the SMG. So I wouldn’t mind a small buff in that regard or a nerf in the SMG (a small nerf).

The over shield was fine, but as you said it was really only the SMG that made it feel weak. I vote to tone down the SMGs damage.

> 2533274834537210;3:
> > 2533274909139271;2:
> > Personally I felt like the OS was fine except vs the SMG. So I wouldn’t mind a small buff in that regard or a nerf in the SMG (a small nerf).
>
>
> The over shield was fine, but as you said it was really only the SMG that made it feel weak. I vote to tone down the SMGs damage.

Or, keep the SMG as it is, considering it’s the way to counter the overshield.

Based on what I saw, the Overshield looks to be just powerful enough for a player to be able to peak out or push an area by himself that he wouldn’t survive normally. Overshield still loses against 2v1 scenarios and wins any fair 1v1 by default.

I could be shown that I’m wrong but I think it looks pretty good right now.

> 2533274938678576;4:
> > 2533274834537210;3:
> > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > Personally I felt like the OS was fine except vs the SMG. So I wouldn’t mind a small buff in that regard or a nerf in the SMG (a small nerf).
> >
> >
> > The over shield was fine, but as you said it was really only the SMG that made it feel weak. I vote to tone down the SMGs damage.
>
>
> Or, keep the SMG as it is, considering it’s the way to counter the overshield.

Maybe only one SMG spawn per OS spawn then?

> 2533274909139271;6:
> > 2533274938678576;4:
> > > 2533274834537210;3:
> > > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > > Personally I felt like the OS was fine except vs the SMG. So I wouldn’t mind a small buff in that regard or a nerf in the SMG (a small nerf).
> > >
> > >
> > > The over shield was fine, but as you said it was really only the SMG that made it feel weak. I vote to tone down the SMGs damage.
> >
> >
> > Or, keep the SMG as it is, considering it’s the way to counter the overshield.
>
>
> Maybe only one SMG spawn per OS spawn then?

Nea, I’d rather see the one on either side, that way both teams have the opportunity to take our the OS, even if someone else gets it.

Leave it as is if these are the complaints. The “counter” to a health buff is an SMG??? A CQB weapon to take down someone who should be taking advantage of range to maintain the duration of that health buff, not Leeroy into battles for cheap wins, is an issue???
By that, is someone had an SMG and OS… They’d be a god!!! But only in CQB… Puny god.

The SMG melts regular shields just as much as the OS shields, there’s just more shielding to an OS. Any feeling of the SMG being an advantage is due to the nature of CQB combat weapons used in CQB to begin with.

It looks good considering how often it repsawned during the Gamescom Invitational.

> 2603643534597848;8:
> Leave it as is if these are the complaints. The “counter” to a health buff is an SMG??? A CQB weapon to take down someone who should be taking advantage of range to maintain the duration of that health buff, not Leeroy into battles for cheap wins, is an issue???
>
> The SMG melts regular shields just as much as the OS shields, there’s just more shielding to an OS. Any feeling of the SMG being an advantage is due to the nature of CQB combat weapons used in CQB to begin with.

I am sorry if it sounds like a complaint, was only curious to another party’s ideas on it. Anywho, how can I improve for the next time I post?

Last time I checked in the recent blog update it said “For the multiplayer and sandbox teams, they’re currently evaluating things like Overshield timing and strength” so it might get buffed.

The OV was completely useless. It needs a buff bad.

I think the fact that the over shield spawned every minute made it seem balanced. If it was a two or three minute spawn then it should be a 2x OS.

No…nerf it into the ground. I hated overshield so much in every other Halo. It was overpowered and disrupted the flow of combat. It just made fights unfair.

> 2533274946184160;14:
> No…nerf it into the ground. I hated overshield so much in every other Halo. It was overpowered and disrupted the flow of combat. It just made fights unfair.

Overshield overpowered? At least you don’t get the 3x Overshield that was in CE, but that was only do to the powerful pistol and Grenade nukes.

Overshield can easily be countered. In any game, and it goes down over time.

It seemed to me the OS faded a little too fast on its own even when people aren’t shooting at you

I think it looks fine, though I won’t be able to truly test it until I can slap it onto my chest and try it out.

> 2603643534597848;8:
> Leave it as is if these are the complaints. The “counter” to a health buff is an SMG??? A CQB weapon to take down someone who should be taking advantage of range to maintain the duration of that health buff, not Leeroy into battles for cheap wins, is an issue???
> By that, is someone had an SMG and OS… They’d be a god!!! But only in CQB… Puny god.
>
> The SMG melts regular shields just as much as the OS shields, there’s just more shielding to an OS. Any feeling of the SMG being an advantage is due to the nature of CQB combat weapons used in CQB to begin with.

…Puny God

No one here has had the opportunity to actually play the game and use the overshield, yet people keep claiming it’s ‘overpowered’, or it needs to be ‘nerfed’.
Let’s wait until it’s out, OS can be manipulated after release easily.

really i think the os is fine, its not too weak nor is it game breakingly strong, of course if you want in custom games you can probably set it to give like 4 layers of bonus shield or dmg res or what ever settings you can give it in forge or game options