Should The Next Halo Have A Prone Ability?

I’ve always wondered why Halo hasn’t ever given players the ability to go prone like we see in a couple cutscenes in Reach. With the Multiplayer mimicking Call Of Duty MP I was suprised prone wasn’t added as well. What are your guys’ thoughts?

Halo doesn’t need prone. There is no breathing movement when scoping in Halo, so no need for stances that decrease the breath movement. Movement when prone is either really slow or not at all, so it doesn’t provide any advantages to mobility, especially when crouching already keeps you off motion sensor. The only benefit I could see prone adding is making it easier to camp in certain areas, which isn’t really that much of a benefit, to be honest.

**** no. Crouch strafing is enough as is.

Heh heh heh. No.

Just… No.

Halo is already too much of a CoD copy under 343, we don’t need anymore of that nonsense. What we do need is to get rid of sprint, ADS, thrusters, ground pound, charging, and hovering.

Climbing is ok, though not really necessary.

Definitely not… from a traditional standpoint, Halo has never been designed, nor would it’s flow or cadence support a feature like “prone.” Halo is very much a “confrontational” Arena-inspired shooter.

It’s bad enough that people can crouch around in little nooks and crannies on the map and nab free kills. Adding a prone mechanic where people could just hide in a bush or below a railing, or just outside map boundaries would create all sorts of unpredictable encounters, and slow gameplay/pacing issues.

> 2533274857459291;1:
> With the Multiplayer mimicking Call Of Duty MP

No. It isn’t.

Maybe in a class based halo. I think a well balanced class based halo would be pretty epic.

Nah I don’t really see a need for it.

I thought that would be the response but wants to sure, I’ve played halo since CE and have always loved it, I think the games got a good pace now. What about adding the ability for select game modes like in custom games?

Besides providing immediate (but temporary) evasion from enemy fire, proning seems a bit out of place. Its effectiveness would be further mitigated given that most people are wearing bright color schemes and whatnot on their armor.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> Halo doesn’t need prone. There is no breathing movement when scoping in Halo, so no need for stances that decrease the breath movement. Movement when prone is either really slow or not at all, so it doesn’t provide any advantages to mobility, especially when crouching already keeps you off motion sensor. The only benefit I could see prone adding is making it easier to camp in certain areas, which isn’t really that much of a benefit, to be honest.

It also has the same lack of benefit as sprint and spartan abilities. They are just as unnecessary too.

Honestly I don’t think it’s necessary, especially considering how fast-pace the game is. Don’t feel like it adds any value, even worse makes you a bigger target if anything. A large, immobile target lol.

Yes, I think it be kind of cool.
Bam headshot… Bam headshot… Bam headshot

No.

No, why would a Spartan prone in maps we have? it makes no logic sense that a 7 foot armor super soldier is prone on a infection mode. It just makes you a easier target to hit and no advantage.

> 2533274849069111;6:
> > 2533274857459291;1:
> > With the Multiplayer mimicking Call Of Duty MP
>
> No. It isn’t.

I know right? It’s clearly mimicking Titanfall.

Anyway, I’m sure most people would be against ‘Prone’ for various reasons (even just going off above posts), but I’m 99% sure that if Halo 6 implemented it, new players would come on here and tell us that Halo needed Prone all along, and that we were silly to ever doubt its inclusion.
Heck, I’m sure you’d have people dipping into the old lore excuse Jar, ‘Spartans have always been able to Prone, so why shouldn’t they in Multiplayer?’, to which I would inevitably respond with the Dual Wielding counterpoint, before being laughed out of the thread by people who think holding two guns is too ‘Hollywood’. Sorry Palmer.

So…no.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAHAH GASP HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. No.

> 2533274857459291;1:
> With the Multiplayer mimicking Call Of Duty MP

Really… HALO came first… Is battlefield 1 mimicking COD for have sprinting? No its “running” HALO is not COD. If anything COD IW is stealing form HALO

> 2533274857459291;1:
> I’ve always wondered why Halo hasn’t ever given players the ability to go prone like we see in a couple cutscenes in Reach. With the Multiplayer mimicking Call Of Duty MP I was suprised prone wasn’t added as well. What are your guys’ thoughts?

I for one wish we went down more of a battlefield style root where Halo vehicles reigned supreme and we got more personal with spartan customization with a loadout and weapons model system with bigger battles. There is much to explore with Halo’s weapons and armor variants and it seems silly that we have sniper/marksman armor and weapons in a strictly Small arena with 5. its not how sniping works, its a marksman rifle for long range shots, it doesn’t belong in a small shoebox style map with people sprinting and ground pounding all over the place. Snipers go prone to reduce chance of a body shot so honestly I wouldn’t mind prone, tired of destiny/ thruster sliding around the map like its 2013.Just my 2 cents on the issue

No, Halo has never needed a prone ability yet and it won’t need it at this state. I feel like Crouch is more than enough and there we wouldn’t need any prone ability yet because of that. Prone would also result in making the enemies more accurate to compensate that power.