Should the Needle Rifle return in Halo 4?

I was thinking, since the Battle Rifle and the DMR are both returning in Halo 4, and we already know that the Covenant Carbine is returning, how about the Needle Rifle?

It only seems fair. After all, the Needle Rifle is to the Carbine as the DMR is to the Battle Rifle. Since we get 2 semi-automatic rifles for humans, we should get 2 semi-automatic rifles for the Covenant.

Also, I just prefer the Needle Rifle over the Covenant Carbine; not only is it more accurate and looks cooler, but I just love turning my enemies into unicorns by firing a needle right into their skull.

So, what do you guys think? Should the Needle Rifle return?

No, it shouldn’t. It’s pretty much exactly thr same as the carbine in the way it works.

> No, it shouldn’t. It’s pretty much exactly thr same as the carbine in the way it works.

Not really. Carbine seems really rapid-fire now. And the Needle Rifle has supercombine, as opposed to dealing any real damage.

Personally, I don’t care if it comes back or not; as it stands we kinda do have plenty of precision weapons that fill every niche.

Personally, i found its power underwhelming. It was only good for knocking people out of their scope at long range. And I didn’t like the look and sound of it… But that’s just my personal opinion about it.

If 343i were to add it in Halo 4, they would have to make it quite different from what it was in Reach, because the needle rifle and carbine basically have the same mechanics: Fast firerate, very accurate but it takes like 8 shots to kill. True, the NR’s firerate is a bit slower than that of the carbine, but I would feel as if it were two identical rifles… Even if they were to put a different scope on it.

We don’t really want redundancy in the weapon sandbox… Take Halo 3, for example. Spiker, SMG, plasma rifle and the AR. Mauler and shotgun. 4 and 2 weapons that behave quite similarly, especially the spiker and plasma rifle. Why even bother putting them in the game if they behave the same? The only reason I can think of is canon (the brutes needed their weapons.), but that doesn’t mean it’s a waste of time developing it…

> Personally, i found its power underwhelming. It was only good for knocking people out of their scope at long range. And I didn’t like the look and sound of it… But that’s just my personal opinion about it.
>
> If 343i were to add it in Halo 4, they would have to make it quite different from what it was in Reach, because the needle rifle and carbine basically have the same mechanics: Fast firerate, very accurate but it takes like 8 shots to kill. True, the NR’s firerate is a bit slower than that of the carbine, but I would feel as if it were two identical rifles… Even if they were to put a different scope on it.
>
> We don’t really want redundancy in the weapon sandbox… Take Halo 3, for example. Spiker, SMG, plasma rifle and the AR. Mauler and shotgun. 4 and 2 weapons that behave quite similarly, especially the spiker and plasma rifle. Why even bother putting them in the game if they behave the same? The only reason I can think of is canon (the brutes needed their weapons.), but that doesn’t mean it’s a waste of time developing it…

The Needle Rifle wouldn’t be completely redundant.

Carbine has a faster fire rate, perhaps it could have more damage per shot.

Needle Rifle has a super-combine and an automatic-fire feature (like it does in Reach).

Personally, I don’t see it being anymore redundant than the BR and DMR both being in Halo 4.

It’s like a Carbine with training wheels IMO, if you miss the headshot then you get a super combine. I much prefer the Carbine.

> It’s like a Carbine with training wheels IMO, if you miss the headshot then you get a super combine. I much prefer the Carbine.

They could balance it by making the Carbine more effective against shields as oppose to the Needle Rifle.

No thank’s we already have a few long range guns im not seeing the need for more .

nah, i never really cared much for it.

No. Never liked it.

Just make it a Carbine reskin and call it a day. I can’t really tell the difference between the two, funtion wise. Carbine probably kills shieldless opponents in three or do body shots like the super combine.

since the Carabine is back it would be pretty useless honestly

also I have been hating that rifle since it was used to ridiculously kill Kat…

i hated that gun

Make it a mid-range weapon that has a high fire rate (fully-automatic), and maybe it would have its own niche in the sandbox. Otherwise, it’s pretty much redundant. Unless its projectiles now home in on targets like its smaller cousin, which would be OP.

Since weve got the carbine in multiplayer, I don’t see that much difference between the guns, unles they made it a burst weapon like the BR, which doesn’t seem too likely. Keep it for single player, but have it as a sandbox option for MP, not necessarily in playlists, but available for custom games.

I would welcome it with open arms!

no because its such a useless weapon

> I was thinking, since the Battle Rifle and the DMR are both returning in Halo 4, and we already know that the Covenant Carbine is returning, how about the Needle Rifle?
>
> It only seems fair. After all, the Needle Rifle is to the Carbine as the DMR is to the Battle Rifle. Since we get 2 semi-automatic rifles for humans, we should get 2 semi-automatic rifles for the Covenant.
>
> Also, I just prefer the Needle Rifle over the Covenant Carbine; not only is it more accurate and looks cooler, but I just love turning my enemies into unicorns by firing a needle right into their skull.
>
> So, what do you guys think? Should the Needle Rifle return?

absolutely!!! the more the merrier. Having a wide selection of balanced weapons helps to mitigate the sense of monotony that develops in games over the long term.

I love the needle rifle, but if it was to be put in halo 4 it needs 2 things!

1: Burst fire to be the BR counterpart.

2: Higher damage to compensate for its lower R.O.F (rate of fire) than the carbine

I love the Needle Rifle, and it’s different enough from the Carbine to be worth putting in the game. It could easily be the Covenant counterpart to the DMR, but different enough to be worth picking up due to the supercombine and automatic fire capabilities.