Should the Gunner mod be standardized?

With the edition of sprint (under the assumption it stays :slight_smile: I think being able to to run at normal speed whilst holding a turret would be great.

Carrying a turret used to be a drag but the Gunner mod makes things way less frustrating and without sprint your still being slowed down as a drawback.

Gunner being introduced hasn’t caused any major upsets so far so why not end the frustration of turrets slowing you down all together?

> Gunner being introduced hasn’t caused any major upsets so far so why not end the frustration of turrets slowing you down all together?

Don’t give people ideas.

Also, I think this thread should be in the Halo: Xbox One forum, such a change is unlikely to take place in Halo 4 this late in the life cycle. Though given 343’s handling of Halo games so far, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah. May have have made a slight mistake and put this in the wrong section of the forum.

I feel dumb. ):

This was supposed to go in the X1 section.

And now, it is. :slight_smile:

Personally, I’d prefer it to be something the player can choose. However, I wouldn’t mind it being a thing all the time in Campaign.

It kind of bugs me that my Spartan can move faster with a turret than John-117. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the only thing wrong with the turret is it needs a sight buff to compensate the spread!
I have lost many a 1v1 against someone with a SAW & myself with the turret!

I believe it should be a standard feature, yes.

The problem with using it is actually finding one, and the extremely low ammo count/inability to simply hold it and restock passively.

The movement speed doesn’t have to be an issue as well.

No, but Resupply should be default.

You’re wording is off for my liking but the premise is sound.

I’d prefer unlimited sprint and a benefit of such a change SHOULD allow turret users to move at normal speeds.

Sprint, especially without a meter, should not be regulated. With the flow of combat, knowing you can always book it away from danger/have a boost of speed for a jump allows combat to continue to flow at its player’s desired pace.

Yes, remember how fast you went with “heavy weapons” in Halo 3: ODST? Pretty fast.

> Yes, remember how fast you went with “heavy weapons” in Halo 3: ODST? Pretty fast.

Spartans and elites felt embarrassed that normal soldiers could carry turrets at faster speeds than them.
OT: I agree with everything Reaper said. If one can sprint, we should be able to carry a turret a little fast than a snails pace.

IMHO perks should be removed altogether. They neglect features that just should be there for everyone and on top of that are just unbalanced (Rogue makes the game so much easier…). Yes, it can be done better but honestly I think this feature has no place in Halo anyway. So, to answer your question, it should be there for everyone or for no one IMO.

> You’re wording is off for my liking but the premise is sound.
>
> I’d prefer unlimited sprint and a benefit of such a change SHOULD allow turret users to move at normal speeds.
>
> Sprint, especially without a meter, should not be regulated. With the flow of combat, knowing you can always book it away from danger/have a boost of speed for a jump allows combat to continue to flow at its player’s desired pace.

I agree with this, at least in Campaign. I don’t know how that’d affect MP balancing, but I think it should be a thing in campaign.

Come to think of it, I’ve found that the SAW overpowers the Machine Gun Turret in every way. They have almost the same amount of damage, except you can Sprint and Walk normally with the SAW! Also, the SAW can be burst fired to give it good accuracy, there’s really no point in using a turret anymore!

Needless to say, something must be done…

> IMHO perks should be removed altogether. They neglect features that just should be there for everyone and on top of that are just unbalanced (Rogue makes the game so much easier…). Yes, it can be done better but honestly I think this feature has no place in Halo anyway. So, to answer your question, it should be there for everyone or for no one IMO.

Maybe its just me but this slaps around some things.

I think Gunner should stay as an Armor Mod. Have you ever met two guys running around with MGs and Gunner on Longbow BTB? Well, if you haven’t, let me just say it’s not fun being on the receiving end. If Gunner became standard, it’d be crazy.

> No, but Resupply should be default.

No!

When you play Infinity, there’s tactical grenade use since you’re limited to just the few.

When you play Legendary, it’s just grenade spam 24/7. There’s no gun fights, or interesting battles, just grenade spamming. Being 1-shot the whole game/sitting in cover while waiting for my shields to recharge again/dying without seeing the face of my killer is not fun IMO.

Sorry, but Resupply being an Armor Mod instead of Default is one of the best decisions made IMO.

Gonna have to say that I agree on resupply.

Goodbye grenade spam. You wont be missed

Yes, I believe a spartan should be able to carry a turret normally. I like the gunner perk, but just for the actual gunning use. In halo 5, I think if there is going to be a gunner perk, it should allow people to use the turret for unlimited use, as in no overheating at all, especially to make up for the standardization of the turret walking speed.
The “walking faster with a turret” part should be standardized definitely.