Should the Ghost's plasma cannons overheat?

My friends and I were discussing this. They think it should, I don’t think so. Especially since we can spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades. However, it is annoying when I am trying to act like a matador and the Ghost sits about 30 feet away just spamming the cannons. But still that’s why we have Plasma Pistols. What do you guys think?

I don’t either.

i think its fine in this game, it was bad enough in reach where it was better just to splatter someone rather than go through the trouble of shooting them with what felt like a peashooter

The ghost is underpowered enough as it is, believe me I use it enough. Taking away the plasma cannons never ending stream of bullets would take the only advantage it has.

> The ghost is underpowered enough as it is, believe me I use it enough. Taking away the plasma cannons never ending stream of bullets would take the only advantage it has.

^

Well, there is not much of an argument! Thanks guys, I will happily gloat to my friends!

Personally, I don’t think Mounted VEHICLE Anti-Infantry Turrets should ever overheat, because of the PP and the Plasma Grenades in loadouts, plus the Ghost is already weak enough. It takes common sense to know that it SHOULD NEVER OVERHEAT. Period.

I just wish when I ram into another player with enough force that my ghost rotates and possibly flips, that the opposing player would actually die.

The vehicle system is pretty messed up with PP and stickies on spawn. Ghosts are susceptible to concentrated DMR fire. Its hard to fix some of these issues without just changing how much damage from primaries ghosts take.

> However, it is annoying when I am trying to act like a matador and the Ghost sits about 30 feet away just spamming the cannons.

I dcn’t call it spamming.

I call it, at best a tactical vehicle kill and at least suppressing cover fire.

Considering I can ram people with a Ghost, get a clean hit that results in my vehicle flipping over from the force of hitting that player and they still somehow survive (while I can have a teammate slightly back into me and kill me instantly, wtf is with the hit detection here), I don’t think adding a downside to the cannons on the front of the vehicle would do anything.

Honestly, I don’t see why the Warthog’s gun overheats at all, either. Mantis, sure, it’s already plenty powerful, but the Warthog’s chain gun shouldn’t overheat and neither should the stationary ones (what sense does it make that someone can rip the stationary emplacement off, carry it and have no trouble with overheating, but if it’s sitting still, all of a sudden there’s a problem? That’s stupid, gun turrets never broke anything in Halo 3, and even in Reach it was fixing something that wasn’t broken).

Odds are that overheating will not be removed or modified in this iteration, at all, since there’s a specialization relating to it. However, that doesn’t mean it still isn’t stupid given how amazingly inaccurate the weapons are and how its just better to use a DMR than a gun turret at nearly any range that isn’t just outside of melee range

No, vehicles are easy enough to destroy as it is. If anything, vehicles should be more powerful.