should the flamethrower make a return

I feel it should, with proper balancing though it was REALLY overpowered in the games that had it

The flamethrower was a lot of fun in Halo 3(I think that was the game it was introduced, could have been ODST). It did have an absurd range to it from what I remember and it melted people(quite literally lol). If they do bring back the flamethrower I hope they bring back the flame grenade too.

> 2533274866022405;2:
> The flamethrower was a lot of fun in Halo 3(I think that was the game it was introduced, could have been ODST). It did have an absurd range to it from what I remember and it melted people(quite literally lol). If they do bring back the flamethrower I hope they bring back the flame grenade too.

The flame grenade was pretty good for area denial, like the forerunner grenade i forgot the name of from halo 5. Maybe the range could be a little toned down though since i remember sniping a bugger from 20 feet away with the flamethrower

The flamethrower was fun but I never really felt like it fit. Maybe it could be in the game in like a firefight mode or something but not in multiplayer.

> 2533274866022405;2:
> The flamethrower was a lot of fun in Halo 3(I think that was the game it was introduced, could have been ODST). It did have an absurd range to it from what I remember and it melted people(quite literally lol). If they do bring back the flamethrower I hope they bring back the flame grenade too.

> 2535409171473129;3:
> > 2533274866022405;2:
> > The flamethrower was a lot of fun in Halo 3(I think that was the game it was introduced, could have been ODST). It did have an absurd range to it from what I remember and it melted people(quite literally lol). If they do bring back the flamethrower I hope they bring back the flame grenade too.
>
> The flame grenade was pretty good for area denial, like the forerunner grenade i forgot the name of from halo 5. Maybe the range could be a little toned down though since i remember sniping a bugger from 20 feet away with the flamethrower

I think the range of flame thrower in halo 3 was pretty perfect.

I’d like it back but I’d prefer if it wasn’t in any ranked maps

Bring it back as it was in CE, as a Power weapon not a Support weapon. If it had Halo 3’s power and CE’s style of use it could great,

I think that it’d be awesome for the Flamethrower to return, with some Major Balancing though. I don’t think it should be in Multiplayer but I’d love it in a Firefight mode, I’d like it where you could use it in Third Person like in Halo 3 but Function like Halo CE.

IF THE FLAME THROWER RETURNS IT HAS TO COME BACK WITH THE FLOOD!

I don’t know why people don’t think it belongs in multiplayer. It could definitely be balanced to fit in.
Range,
burn time,
dps,
propellant speed,
propellant spread,
over heat time,
cool down time,
weapon draw time,
re-load speed (if anything is cartridge based),
initial ammo,
max ammo,
melee speed,
smart link (not confirmed) speed,
equipable or turret based

They could definitely bring it back in and not have it be OP if they wanted…

To be honest I don’t really care for it, but it would be cool if it returns together with the flood.

Campaign: yes
Multiplayer: NO

Yes.

Absolutely. I’ve always loved the flamethrower and would love to see it return!

About returning weapons:

Always yes, why not? I totally don’t care if a weapon is useless or not, but the more different weapons there are, the better it is

> 2535409171473129;1:
> I feel it should, with proper balancing though it was REALLY overpowered in the games that had it

overpowered? funny way of saying a joke weapon that only got kills if you camped in the corner with it.
even then you probably died for that kill or killed yourself with the flame…

> 2535458188883243;16:
> > 2535409171473129;1:
> > I feel it should, with proper balancing though it was REALLY overpowered in the games that had it
>
> overpowered? funny way of saying a joke weapon that only got kills if you camped in the corner with it.
> even then you probably died for that kill or killed yourself with the flame…

Yeah, that happened in most of the cases using it, lol.

Yes please. I like that Halo always had variety in the weapons sandbox and a fire weapon would certainly add to that.

It will never happen, but in Halo wars, Kinsano had a unique unit called the Flamehog. Basically a flamethrower on a Warthog. That would be incredible if it was somehow added.

There is potential if it is done right, but personally I would only really be interested in the flamethrower returning if there was more to the weapon than “fire go brrrr.”

Just to spitball for a little bit, I wouldn’t mind seeing a flamethrower that has a smaller stream(think closer to the Killzone 2/3 flamethrower) that is less effective against shields and mechanical targets, in exchange it gets better range with the potential spray the ground to do some area denial. Maybe throw in an alternative fire mode that lets you lob fireballs instead of a constant stream.

I would be fine with either it being a normal weapon or a support weapon, though it ought to be a fair bit more powerful if it is going to be a support weapon as most support weapons have historically been pretty underwhelming. Personally I’m not really convinced support weapons should even really be category, but I digress.

> 2614366390849210;10:
> I don’t know why people don’t think it belongs in multiplayer. It could definitely be balanced to fit in.
> Range,
> burn time,
> dps,
> propellant speed,
> propellant spread,
> over heat time,
> cool down time,
> weapon draw time,
> re-load speed (if anything is cartridge based),
> initial ammo,
> max ammo,
> melee speed,
> smart link (not confirmed) speed,
> equipable or turret based
>
> They could definitely bring it back in and not have it be OP if they wanted…

Because it’s not a BR, DMR, Magnum,