Should the difficulty descriptions change?

This was brought up in another thread. Here’s what I think.

> Tremble as teeming hordes of invincible alien monsters punish the slightest error with instant death… again and again.

This description precludes Covies (who are noticeably weaker compared to Prometheans) not to mention Halo 4’s Legendary is less about damage sponge cheating mooks and is more about an intelligent army that works as a team and is efficient even on their own.

To be honest, I find Halo 3/ODST/Reach’s description to be mismatched. Normal’s description seems more suitable for Heroic and Heroic’s description seems more suitable for Legendary. Plus I felt the descriptions blatantly revealed how the difficulties worked (Normal: damage sponges, Heroic: smarter AI, Legendary: cheaters). I think there should be a little more incentive included (i.e. final victory will leave you wanting more).

What do you guys think? Should it be changed? What would you like it to be?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate comments.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Legendary: prepare for your enimies to have unconsentual -Yoink!- with your -Yoink!-. I could have said something much worse but I didn’t so I wouldn’t be banned.

I always loved the original legendary description. But 343 should definitely (if they already haven’t) make a interesting sounding description that pertains to the ferocity and tenacity Promethians and perhaps even the Didact.

“You stand against enemies who know only victory. You will be tested. You will be broken. This is suicide”.

>

0_0

> I always loved the original legendary description. But 343 should definitely (if they already haven’t) make a interesting sounding description that pertains to the ferocity and tenacity Promethians and perhaps even the Didact.

Yeah the Chief is supposed to have a nemesis. It ought to hint towards him.

> “You stand against enemies who know only victory. You will be tested. You will be broken. This is suicide”.

Pretty simple but it works.

Here’s mine:

“You find destruction forged from the very heart of Requiem, left in it’s wake lies the shattered remains of your foes and allies alike. This time, there will not be a mere journey but an unveiling of unparalleled might which you must end.”

‘’ You are about to face enemies that have never lost a battle and will no such thing as losing or giving up. They will laught at you trying to defeat them , and they will crush you when you are not aware. This is a suicide.