Should the community have input into the dev

of the next Halo? I was thinking about that today. The team at 343 does have ex-Bungie members, but some of the team is from different companys. Thoughts?

We can’t even agree how good each Halo game is, how can we even decide on how strong the DMR should be?

On the next Halo? HELL NO.Maybe the MLG guys, but sure as hell not the casual scene.

Reach was the chance the devs had to listening to the community, they tried though, but the concept was messed up from the beginning anyways.There was no saving that horrible game.

And now that Microsoft’s money-making lapdogs AKA 343i is in charge, say goodbye to good gameplay.Just hope that the story writers are good to progress and story and make it extraordinary.Otherwise it’s just like CoD. Which I believe is their goal anyways.

> We can’t even agree how good each Halo game is, how can we even decide on how strong the DMR should be?

I’m saying letting some of the more “actual veterans” have input. There are very few of those on these forums and I’m meaning people who have started with Halo: CE, NOT REACH.

> On the next Halo? HELL NO.Maybe the MLG guys, but sure as hell not the casual scene.
>
> Reach was the chance the devs had to listening to the community, they tried though, but the concept was messed up from the beginning anyways.There was no saving that horrible game.
>
> And now that Microsoft’s money-making lapdogs AKA 343i is in charge, say goodbye to good gameplay.Just hope that the story writers are good to progress and story and make it extraordinary.Otherwise it’s just like CoD. Which I believe is their goal anyways.

I actually think is 343 broke off from Microsoft and became independent like Bungie. They’d be better.

> > We can’t even agree how good each Halo game is, how can we even decide on how strong the DMR should be?
>
> I’m saying letting some of the more “actual veterans” have input. There are very few of those on these forums and I’m meaning people who have started with Halo: CE, NOT REACH.

I started with Halo: CE and many of my opinions are clear contrasts from other people.

and starting with Reach doesn’t make your opinion less valid.

My only opinion on this is that a public beta would have helped halo 4 way more than hurt it.

> My only opinion on this is that a public beta would have helped halo 4 way more than hurt it.

I introduce you to the Reach beta. Nothing got fixed from it.

I think developers in general need to save their “innovation” for off-shoots. For example, Firefight. That was shipped with ODST, a side game originally supposed to be just an expansion, and performed marvelously. Thus, it was fleshed out and placed in Reach.

Bam. Perfect way to test if stuff works. Like the extra AC games, Brotherhood and Revelations. They continued the story, but took seriously daring steps. When an actual sequel came out, the good stuff stayed and the bad stuff was trashed.