Should the BR have so much range?

In my opinion, it simply defies logic that the BR has a range equal to the DMR. BR’s fire in bursts, DMR’s fire a single shot. Even the name Designated Marksman Rifle implies that it should be the marksman’s choice for long-range combat.

But this is just my opinion and I’d be interested to see what others have to say on the matter.

They dont have the same range. The Br under performs at long ranges in comparison to the DMR. I use the BR a lot in my games. At mid range it can compete with the dmr and at close range it beats it. Its all about preference.

I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been crossmapped by BR’s quite a few times

R u seriouse the dmr is like a semi autotic sniper

Here’s how it needs to be:

Long Range: DMR > BR
Mid Range: DMR = BR
Short Range: DMR < BR

Right now…

Everything: DMR > BR/Carbine/LightRifle

I personally think that the BR is the worst of these four weapons. The DMR just needs to shoot slower.

Unless the Sniper Rifle requires 5 shots to kill somebody, I’m going to have to disagree with you…

> Here’s how it needs to be:
>
> Long Range: DMR > BR
> Mid Range: DMR = BR
> Short Range: DMR < BR
>
> Right now…
>
> Everything: DMR > BR/Carbine/LightRifle
>
> I personally think that the BR is the worst of these four weapons. The DMR just needs to shoot slower.

I agree with you 100%

//EDIT//
So I’m not just piggybacking, I’ll elaborate. If the DMR had a slower rate of fire it would make people actually stop and think about where they are going to be deploying themselves on the map. Slowing it down would balance a lot of the gameplay and I think you’d see a lot more people using different weapons.

As it stands, I feel like the DMR trumps everything but the Sniper rifle at mid-long range