Should The Boltshot Get A Buff?

Now before you rip me a new one, here me out.

I’m not talking about the charged up shot on the Boltshot, I’m talking about the single shots.

It seems like the only reason people use this pistol is for close quarters. I never see anyone use it from a distance because it doesn’t do much damage. So, why not give the single shots a buff?

This would help players use it from a distance instead of right in your face.

Maybe 343i can remove the charged shot completely???

Thoughts?

make the <mark>Magnum</mark> kill in 5 shots (7 without a headshot)and have less bloom, has a scope so it is better at longer distances, would make a good secondary for people that use autos that dont use the firepower perk.

the <mark>plasma pistol</mark> kill in 7 hits instead of 12(and realize that it is still has travel time for the plasma round, unlike the magnum and BS semiauto). so it worth some thing besides the EMP, like in reach. the overcharge would still strip shield but it would take 3 Overcharge blasts to kill someone without shields.

then make the <mark>Boltshot</mark> kill in 7 with a headshot but 10 without(DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE HEADSHOTS). but also make the shotgun blast only strip a fully shielded player but kill a player with less then half shields. it is still more deadly then the Plasma Pistol because of the HEadshot bonus plus shotgun blast kills faster at close then the pistol.

that is how i would change all the side arms into something useful BUT still having a function that is unique.

All files and documents of the Boltshot should be stabbed with a knife, burnt to a ashes, and should be thrown into the Mariana Trench and be fed to the sharks.

And finally, all memories or last traces of the Boltshot should be erased.

Honestly, for the:

Magnum, I wish its power was similar to the Magnum from CE/CEA. Not too slow, yet quite powerful.

Plasma Pistol, i use it a lot b/c i play BTB, however to get a kill off that weapon is indeed tough. I think that weapon should be buffed.

Boltshot…not even gonna go there. Whenever i see players with the Boltshot, they treat it like a Mauler. Charge it up, and fire, “BOOM” he’s dead in one hit. Mini-Shotgun in a way. I use it sometimes, but I use it like the Magnum…bullet to bullet, not charge and use the entire clip.

> Maybe 343i can remove the charged shot completely???
>
> Thoughts?

So then you would have created a gun exactly like the Magnum, except with no zoom. Which would be used when?

The problem with the Charge Shot is still the range, and where its deadly.

If the the shot was made into only a OHK on a headshot, within melee range or closer, the weapon would be closer in function to what it was supposed to be.

Limiting this range, then justifies the increase in the basic shots so that the weapon remains a viable choice against the other two.

Oh man I really want that piece of _____ weapon out of the halo games.

343 if you can. Take the damn boltshot out of the game!!

> Oh man I really want that piece of _____ weapon out of the halo games.
>
> 343 if you can. Take the damn boltshot out of the game!!

I’ve played alot of shooters over the years and you want to know what no game company ever has done?

Remove a weapon.

One thing…I hope the SMG replaces the Boltshot.

Didn’t even read the OP because the Boltshot in no way, shape, or form needs a buff.

Single shot mode definitely needs a buff, 9 shots to kill (if the last shot is a head shot) would be nice. Of course this change only be implemented in the portion of the charged shots ammunition use.

You can pool of a 9 shot kill, but a charged shot will takes an entire magazine.

I don’t think anyone should spawn with a one hit kill gun, no matter what the range. It’s just a stupid idea.

I think I’ll pass reading and tear you a new one, OP.

> All files and documents of the Boltshot should be stabbed with a knife, burnt to a ashes, and should be thrown into the Mariana Trench and be fed to the sharks.
>
> And finally, all memories or last traces of the Boltshot should be erased.

I would assume that any Sharks that managed to get 30,000 feet undersea would be instantly crushed into a pulp from 30,000 feet of water pressure. A more valid statement about the Mariana Trench would be being chemically decomposed by carbon eating, archeac microbes; not sharks that have a skeleton composed almost entirely of cartilage.

And what would be the point of throwing an object 30,000 feet below sea level be if you had just burned it? I’d assume that burning something would be enough to cover up the evidence.

Jeez, people are acting as if the Boltshot’s the most overpowered weapon in the game. It’s not. The only issue with it is that it’s in loadouts. Since the boltshot nerf, they’ve been practically useless as pickups in custom games or any playlist without loadouts.

I agree with the OP.

> Jeez, people are acting as if the Boltshot’s the most overpowered weapon in the game. It’s not. The only issue with it is that it’s in loadouts. Since the boltshot nerf, they’ve been practically useless as pickups in custom games or any playlist without loadouts.
>
> I agree with the OP.

It is an OP weapon. Charge it up and you got yourself a mini-Mauler in the palm of your hand, lol. Most players don’t like it b/c of that. If the charge wasn’t there to make a One-Hit Kill, then I would say buff it. With the charge, 343 shouldn’t even buff it at all. I hope and pray, like i said before, the SMG replaces the Boltshot. However, thats 343’s decision. :frowning:

Single fire boltshot is pathetic. Any weapon I have to reload and fire again to kill at least one spartan is at too weak in my opinion. It should kill in ten shots, not eleven. Then I would use it. Same with the plasma pistol. It was beastly in Reach. What happened?

Not to flame but that gun is used by Alot of nooby players. I literally at a guy last night do this.

Once he saw me he would first throw 2 sticks and if that did not work out of desperation try to get me with his Boltshot.

It’s pretty much a halo 3 mauler with a charge.

> The only issue with it is that it’s in loadouts

Really is pretty sad people miss this part.

I see two solutions:

1. Nerf the shotgun fire, buff the single-shot fire and keep it in loadouts.

2. Buff the shotgun fire, buff the single-shot fire, put it on the map.

> So then you would have created a gun exactly like the Magnum, except with no zoom. Which would be used when?

A faster firing magnum that can’t be used at long range.

Would be used all the time for people who prefer CQC.

> One thing…I hope the SMG replaces the Boltshot.

Suppressor.

The Boltshot can buff my Spartan’s codpiece.