Should the Arbiter be brought back in Halo 4?

Do you think the Arbiter should return in Halo 4? I personally think he is one of the best charactors and should definatly return, but let me know what you guys think!

its hinted that he will through “spartan ops” But not through campaign

Yes, he should indeed return.

He wouldn’t really have anything to bring to the plot and since 343 seems content with having the Elites be “evil looking”, he probably is going to sit this game out.

We need a badass Arbiter.
You know how badass Arnold Schwarzenegger is once you disturb his shower?
Yeah, point in that direction.

> He wouldn’t really have anything to bring to the plot and since 343 seems content with having the Elites be “evil looking”, he probably is going to sit this game out.

The way they look has nothing to do with anything.
I thought we got through this in the 60’s.

OT: The Arbiter has nothing to reason to be anywhere near the story. He’s going to be in the books, and they’ll probably put him in Halo 5 or 6, but the Arbiter has no business on or near Requiem.

> The way they look has nothing to do with anything.
> I thought we got through this in the 60’s.

There is a reason the Elites don’t look fierce in Halo 2 and Halo 3 for a reason, to make them feel more like our allies. Ever wonder why they look very little like they did in Halo 3 in Halo: Reach? They were the enemies again. Looks do matter and trying to compare this to what happened with race in the 60’s misses the point entirely.

I do wanna see Arbiter again, but not in Halo 4.
It would be wierd for him to show up being an enemy again.
But it would also make a great cliff hanger for the end of Halo 4.
MC is arming a bomb or something and…
Arbiter is told to go kill an intruder and…
Arbiter drops down behind Chief, Arbiter tries to stab him with esword, Chief ducks and pulls a knife out and holds it at Arbiter’s neck.
And while they’re staring at each other, they realize who it is they’re fighting.
SCREEN BLACKS OUT! Perfect cliff hanger for beginning of Halo 5.

Anyways, Arbiter’s appearance in Halo 4 would break the main story aspect of Chief and Cortana sharing so much more of their past.

So in the end, either use Arby as a Halo 5 cliffhanger at the end of Halo 4.
Or put him in Halo 5.
That’s my outlook on this.

> > The way they look has nothing to do with anything.
> > I thought we got through this in the 60’s.
>
> There is a reason the Elites don’t look fierce in Halo 2 and Halo 3 for a reason, to make them feel more like our allies. Ever wonder why they look very little like they did in Halo 3 in Halo: Reach? They were the enemies again. Looks do matter and trying to compare this to what happened with race in the 60’s misses the point entirely.

No, they looked stupid because they needed to have the same hitbox as Spartans for multiplayer(and co-op, I guess).
It has nothing to do with them being your allies, if anything, making them feel more “friendly” would come close to breaking canon. Read the books, nobody liked the Elites.
(With few exceptions)

Well considering The Covenant is gone he’ll probably go by Thel Vadamee. I think it mentions in Glasslands the Arbiter was helping search for Chief after Halo 3, but had to return to Sanghelios for political matters.

Maybe if he gets word the Chief lives he’ll return to fight alongside him once more.

He should stick it to the Chief one good time. If he is brought back him and Master Chief should be portrayed as equals, with the Arbiter essentially being the Elite’s counterpart to the Master Chief.

A final epic hand-to-hand showdown between the Arbiter and Master Chief would be epic.

I’d be happy to see even a small cameo of him, as I’m not expecting his return until later in the trilogy. I do, however, want to see a sweet Arbiter versus Bishop fight sometime in the next few games. Evil counterparts are so much fun.

> its hinted that he will through “spartan ops” But not through campaign

Where did this hint come from? I’m curious, as I’ve heard nothing about it. That would be very exciting!

As Thel is my favorite character, I really do want to see him return. I am curious about what will happen with him now that he is practically the leader of the Sangheili (hopefully he’ll play a larger role in The Thursday War). Plus it would seem like such a waste of his character after dedicating half of the campaign for Halo 2 to him and having his revenge against the Prophet of Truth be a significant plot point of Halo 3 not to bring him back. Plus, Keith David does his voice, and Kieth David is awesome.

However, I wouldn’t want him to be put in if there’s not real need for him in the story though, as he’s too good a character to waste on just putting him in to put him in. A worthy cameo would be good if he’s not to play a major role though, similar to a Lord Hood scene.

Absolutely. He is a great character and well fleshed out, not to mention he has a large role to play in the universe at this point.

Also, active camo instead of a flashlight? Yes please.

I voted yes because it could work to the campaigns benefit in my opinion. In glass lands you find that the elites are divided. Some still want war with the humans, some don’t. I feel like the covies in H4 are a rouge group of elites and that want the humans dead. maybe the arbiter will appear at some point in the trilogy to unite the elites and humans to fight the dark new threat. Just my opinion.

Absolutely, But later on, maybe half way through Halo 5. The Master Chief is going to need someone to watch his back. They could maybe do what they did in Halo 2, have a few missions for the Arbiter until he meets up with the chief. Then the player can be given the choice to play as either or until the the end of the game, both could have slightly different missions.

They should bring back the elite from halo waypoint series

“A replacement, for the ring you destroyed…”

Yes, make it happen 343.

> The Arbiter has nothing to reason to be anywhere near the story. He’s going to be in the books, and they’ll probably put him in Halo 5 or 6, but the Arbiter has no business on or near Requiem.

Agreed. I believe that it is better if Halo 4 focuses more to the new enemy & relationship between Chief & Cortana, than bringing Arbiter as addition to messing up that plot.

In Soviet Russia the story tells you!

> > > The way they look has nothing to do with anything.
> > > I thought we got through this in the 60’s.
> >
> > There is a reason the Elites don’t look fierce in Halo 2 and Halo 3 for a reason, to make them feel more like our allies. Ever wonder why they look very little like they did in Halo 3 in Halo: Reach? They were the enemies again. Looks do matter and trying to compare this to what happened with race in the 60’s misses the point entirely.
>
> No, they looked stupid because they needed to have the same hitbox as Spartans for multiplayer(and co-op, I guess).
> It has nothing to do with them being your allies, if anything, making them feel more “friendly” would come close to breaking canon. Read the books, nobody liked the Elites.
> (With few exceptions)

You just said a whole lot of nothing in this post. It has everything to do with them being your allies, and beyond that, as characters. Making you care about what happens to a character, and connecting with them, is strongly linked to the ways in which you can relate to them. The perception of in-universe characters are completely irrelevant in this respect; Cobra was talking about the player/reader experience, not that of in-universe characters, so there is no point in waffling on about “canon”, especially when we are dealing with something as subjective as this.