Should the AR be effective at mid-range?

Halo 4 has gone GOLD!

Should 343i consider making the Assault Riffle a close to mid-range weapon, specifically making the AR more effective at mid-range?

One member mentioned recently, I’m paraphrasing, that it seems unusual that the Chief’s primary weapon used within the campaign turns out to be the least effective primary weapon in War Games (multiplayer). There is a contingent of players that would like to utilized the AR more, but Halo seems to be specifically geared towards the precision weapons. At every turn, apparently most casual, competitive, and pro players think the AR is a joke, to be blatantly honest.

Please vote and provide feedback.

~Bhreze~

I think it should be a mid-range beast, because if it’s close range effective only, they might as well get rid of it and bring the SMG back.

What is this AR you speak of ?

AR is most effective at close range and is effective at mid-range when used in short-controlled bursts. Holding down the fire button while at mid-range will only end up with your limp body being tbagged.

> What is this AR you speak of?

My point exactly… Hahahahaha…

> I think it should be a mid-range beast, because if it’s close range effective only, they might as well get rid of it and bring the SMG back.

True… and/or bring SMG’s back in Halo 5…

I want the Br, Dmr, and carbine to dominate. So let’s keep it only good at short range :slight_smile:

I wish it were; I love the Assault Rifle. I can be very tactical with it in close quarters, however in most situations, it’s hard to use when the Rifles are so diverse in most situations.

I think the damage is more to what Halo CE’s was, and at close range and if you get the fist shots then it should win.

The AR is effective at mid range. It is poorly effective, but effective none the less.

> The AR is effective at mid range. It is poorly effective, but effective none the less.

To be more specific, I would like to see the AR be an effective mid-range weapon as the DMR is an effective long-range weapon.

NO

/thread

[deleted]

The AR should be useful at short range yes but when compared to the precision weapons (br,DMR,LR,carbine) it takes less skill to use. Making the AR comparable to the precision weapons at midrange would promote a less skilled gameplay. Which is what halo does not need.

If you burst fire it sure.

> > NO
> >
> > /thread
>
> Mind explaining why?

The no part is cool, but why not have a thread to see where players stand on the possibility of this becoming a reality. The only part that has been a concern or thought in the back of my mind is do players consider Halo a precision weapon type of game (as I perceive it to be). Also, I was thinking will potential making the change in having the AR become effective as a mid-range weapon in the future, change the feel of the game.

No. Next question.

> The AR should be useful at short range yes but when compared to the precision weapons (br,DMR,LR,carbine) it takes less skill to use. Making the AR comparable to the precision weapons at midrange would promote a less skilled gameplay. Which is what halo does not need.

Then the AR should not be an option in War Games. I do not see why have an available weapon that does not really serve a useful purpose especially since there are folks that would like to use the AR.

The AR should not be the best at anything

It should be in the game to help people learning how to play.

> The AR should not be the best at anything
>
> It should be in the game to help people learning how to play.

Wow… Where is that written? Or is that just your POV?