Should Tec 2 be 1500 Power ?

hey HW2 community got another question for all of you what do you guys think about making tec 2 1500 power instead of 1000. The reason why it would be a good idea to make tec 2 1500 power is for a couple a reason. One it would buff rushes (which currently are extremely weak). Secondly it would force players to play the early game which would make for some interesting teir 1 plays. Lastly as a player it would force a player to decide to go for tec 2 instead of passively acquiring it.

Buffing Rushes
Country to popular belief rushing in HW 2 are extremely weak. It is a high risk low reward system that even if you do a proper rush your opponent will more than likely hit tec 2 as you approach their base. In most if not all rts rushing to supposed to beat tec, but in HW 2 teching beats rushing really anything beats rushing. It quite usually that HW 2 got in this state as there are plenty of counters to rushing. Rushing should be a high risk high reward because tec 2 can be acquired at 1000 power rushing becomes a high risk, low reward.

Forcing the early game
Currently with tec 2 being at 1000 power if everything goes well a person can purchase tec 2 at 2:20 - 240, which means that tec 2 comes online at 2:50 or 3:10. Thats when if a player is rushing the time one is supposed to hit their opponent . If tec 2 was at 1500 power it would increase the purchase time from 2:20 to 3:20 which mean that tec 2 comes online at 3:50. That is a huge difference giving the player rushing to do real economic damage . That also mean anyone tech rushing is leaving the whole map for 3 whole minutes which is insane.

Deciding for going for tec 2
With tec 2 being at 1500 power nodes would be more important as players playing the tier 1 game would focus more of their attention to the nodes. This would allow for some intense teir 1 battles for both sides. Should a player keep sending power in the early game to get the win or should the player cut power sending and get to tec 2 it defentily would shake things up in HW2

Problems
With tec 2 being at 1500 power some would argue that making tec 2 1500 power, forge and pav would be meta seeing as they both get great ecomic powers. With forge even with rolling eco he only shaves off about 5 to 10 secs (when i did the test ) and with pav the difference was by 30 seconds with burnout (double gen for both leaders). I did test by purchasing tec 2 at 1000, 1200, and 1500 power the the results where the same for both pav and forge. there wouldn’t be any real meta shift by these two leaders.

In conclusion form everything being said here there is much to gain from making tec 2 1500 power. For starters it would buff rushes which currently are extreamly weak. Secondly it would force more early game fight instead of trying to go for tec at the start. Lastly it would make players decide if going for tec 2 is worth it if playing the tier 1 game. Thank you guys for reading if you have any another ideas or problems that would arise by raising the power share your thoughts on if it would work or not have a great day everyone.

How would you know all this if you’ve never played a game?

Anyways, I wouldn’t support this change. Currently at the highest level you have to play T1 to some extent otherwise you lose the game. We don’t need game ending rushes since early pressure works just fine in the game’s current state.

with the way the game was designed all the units are complete trash versus buildings. it would just be better to lessen the health of buildings to where units are able to kill pads. at the same time leader powers would have to be nerfed vs buildings.
I just think the unit prices for upgrades should be adjusted.
for example:
getting grenade throw is very expensive slows your tech 2 and does not do any damage.
getting gauss is 750 power and does not do anything to help your army.
canister shell does not make an impact for 900 power.
I don’t think upping the price of tech 2 would solve anything. it would slow everything way down and spending power on tech 1 would make it impossible to get tech 2 at a reasonable time.

> 2533274855353246;3:
> with the way the game was designed all the units are complete trash versus buildings. it would just be better to lessen the health of buildings to where units are able to kill pads. at the same time leader powers would have to be nerfed vs buildings.
> I just think the unit prices for upgrades should be adjusted.
> for example:
> getting grenade throw is very expensive slows your tech 2 and does not do any damage.
> getting gauss is 750 power and does not do anything to help your army.
> canister shell does not make an impact for 900 power.
> I don’t think upping the price of tech 2 would solve anything. it would slow everything way down and spending power on tech 1 would make it impossible to get tech 2 at a reasonable time.

I see what you are saying the thing is right now all you have to do is drop two turrents 2 gen safe from any kind of play at teir 1 im seeing a pattern almost every game
right now there is no counter play at high level maybe up the damage vs buildings idk man every game i play its the same routine even what brezzy said you barley have to play the early game its really dumb how the strat is so safe

nah this would just make it a sniper and marine meta, the tech level two stuff is more fun in my opinion.

> 2533274855353246;3:
> with the way the game was designed all the units are complete trash versus buildings. it would just be better to lessen the health of buildings to where units are able to kill pads. at the same time leader powers would have to be nerfed vs buildings.
> I just think the unit prices for upgrades should be adjusted.
> for example:
> getting grenade throw is very expensive slows your tech 2 and does not do any damage.
> getting gauss is 750 power and does not do anything to help your army.
> canister shell does not make an impact for 900 power.
> I don’t think upping the price of tech 2 would solve anything. it would slow everything way down and spending power on tech 1 would make it impossible to get tech 2 at a reasonable time.

You could also buff Anti-buildings by a good amount too. Maybe even buff core infantry slightly as well. The biggest issue still remains with UNSC AI turrets still ovetperform at their job.

Make the actual upgrade time longer?

Making it 1,500 power instead of 1,000 power would just make Eco-leaders like pavium, Voridus, and forge better to use than they already are in this meta. To make tech 1 last longer, the easiest way would be to make the tech 2 upgrade take longer to use, giving more time for early engagements and getting rid of the current fast tech builds that rely on mass tech 2 units to win.

Rushers would just focus on taking out the Generators and the game would be done. Too quick, if you ask me.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You need to take a nap.

> 2591580321307319;9:
> Rushers would just focus on taking out the Generators and the game would be done. Too quick, if you ask me.

Rushers already focus on taking out generators, that’s nothing new. If you prepare to defend against a rush with snipers and marines or scouts and suicide grunts depending on the leader, you won’t have an issue stopping rushes.
Really rushes are super weak in HW2, especially compared to other rts games; If you prepare even a little bit then the rush won’t work well sometimes stopping any damage from befalling your base at all.