Should Steve Downes return as Master Chief??

If his role in Halo 4 has already been confirmed, then sorry for this ignorant post.

I just hope Steve Downes returns as the voice of Master Chief. It seems odd that it hasn’t been announced yet. (as far as I know) I don’t see why 343 wouldn’t use Steve Downes again, unless Steve has some conflicting contract with some other company or maybe he just wants too much money from MS. Who knows… What do you think?

EDIT: I just didn’t think the voice in the trailer sounded like him. It could be an old sample, too. Makes me wonder. If he’s in Halo 4, why hasn’t it been confirmed?

UGH THIS IS THE MOST USELESS POST EVER! He is returning haven’t you heard his voice in the trailer and why wouldn’t he

Derp

> UGH THIS IS THE MOST USELESS POST EVER! He is returning haven’t you heard his voice in the trailer and why wouldn’t he

I didn’t sound like him to me.

I think they will HAVE to have Steve Downes voice as Master Chief. His voice is so iconic, not that many could copy it. And it would cause a HUGE uproar with in the community if they casted someone else. I think it’s a safe bet to make that he will return.

> > UGH THIS IS THE MOST USELESS POST EVER! He is returning haven’t you heard his voice in the trailer and why wouldn’t he
>
> I didn’t sound like him to me.

Yeah he did.

Cortana didn’t sound like Jen Taylor in the trailer either, but she has been confirmed.

Jen Taylor is voicing Cortana and Jeff is doing the Announcer’s voice again so I’m pretty sure Steve will be back.

Placeholder actress in trailer, other clips have dropped with jens voice

> Cortana didn’t sound like Jen Taylor in the trailer either, but she has been confirmed.

To me she did but she only said "Wake up john, john I need you Chief! “John.”

> > UGH THIS IS THE MOST USELESS POST EVER! He is returning haven’t you heard his voice in the trailer and why wouldn’t he
>
> I didn’t sound like him to me.

Of course you didn’t sound like him, you are not him. He, on the other hand, is him, and he did sound like him because he was him.

> > > UGH THIS IS THE MOST USELESS POST EVER! He is returning haven’t you heard his voice in the trailer and why wouldn’t he
> >
> > I didn’t sound like him to me.
>
> Of course you didn’t sound like him, you are not him. He, on the other hand, is him, and he did sound like him because he was him.

I had to thank you for this post because it made me LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I read his post.

I hope he is?