Should reticule bloom return?

Hey guys. Im interested to hear community feedback on various subjects for a YouTube Im going to make regarding Halo 4 wishes. The first thing I wanted to see discussion on is whether or not the Halo community thinks reticule bloom should return for Halo 4.
Personally I found that while bloom may have added some balance it was in no way interesting or fun and only made Halo Reach guns feal annoying. To give an example, the Assault Rifle in Halo Reach already has a small magazine and low damage, the addition on reticule bloom only made the Assault Rifle weaker and many times does not get the kill even if fired in bursts. I do not want bloomnto return at all for Halo 4.

I usually post on the Bungie.net forums so I am not as familier with the forum rules. Because of that I will not give a link to my channel. But what I will say is that I use “fxnavarro” as my name for just about everything. So if you ever want to find me somewhere try checking out that name.

On automatic and Needle based weapons only.

I dont think it should, reticule bloom doesnt belong in halo.
I think where bungie went wrong with reach is that they made it feel like cod put in a blender with mass effect and gears of war.

Playing as a genetically engineered supersoldier 500 years in the future, its plausable that weapons maintain consistent accuracy rather than bouncing like a little toddlers space-hopper about the screen.

Keep halo like halo.
Its the best for a reason

Bloom has been in every halo game, so yes…it needs to be in H4.

> Bloom has been in every halo game, so yes…it needs to be in H4.

bloom=/=spread

Bloom ONLY on automatic weapons.

No

> On automatic and Needle based weapons only.

this, precision weapons are just that… Precision. They shouldnt have bloom.
But the reticule cant be the size of a pin, so it cant be used as a sniper.

No

> Hey guys. Im interested to hear community feedback on various subjects for a YouTube Im going to make regarding Halo 4 wishes. The first thing I wanted to see discussion on is whether or not the Halo community thinks reticule bloom should return for Halo 4.
> Personally I found that while bloom may have added some balance it was in no way interesting or fun and only made Halo Reach guns feal annoying. To give an example, the Assault Rifle in Halo Reach already has a small magazine and low damage, the addition on reticule bloom only made the Assault Rifle weaker and many times does not get the kill even if fired in bursts. I do not want bloomnto return at all for Halo 4.
>
> I usually post on the Bungie.net forums so I am not as familier with the forum rules. Because of that I will not give a link to my channel. But what I will say is that I use “fxnavarro” as my name for just about everything. So if you ever want to find me somewhere try checking out that name.

I don’t care. To me people are just whining. Every other shooter has it and they don’t mind. I don’t see why people make such a big deal about it.

MORE implementation of the VEHICLES & PHYSICS ENGINE into GAME & LEVEL DESIGN

This is one of the defining factors of Halo that makes it NOT like all the other shooters out there. Halo’s physics engine has always pushed it more into the experience of extreme sports as super solder, vs…oh walking around in different huds & level graphics, shooting with different guns. Yawn. Walkin n Chalkin. SOS. COD is essentially a barrage of hallways completely centered around reaction speed and a gun hierarchy. Walk turn shoot, walk turn shoot. Little to no variance. That is NOT what Halo is, and the more they try to compete with that the less they become Halo IMO.

Halo, when it’s worked best for me in the past, has been when they really keep you thinking between not just different guns to use, but what vehicle to use, what ability to use and most importantly - which approach to use. Instead of simply thinking “Should I go right and get a sniper, or go left and get a rocket?” trapped within the confines of a self-proclaimed level designers genius - you instead have the opportunity to dare I say…think!

"Should I get that warthog and drive it up that rock in front to try leaping INTO their base surprising them, OR should I blow the wings off this banshee, and then fly it into the small window of that building to hit them where they wont expect it? Maybe someone could balance on this thing and drop in that way? Or wait…is it possible to walk up that beam if I could fly someone to it?"

Halo, when it uses it’s physics to allow and encourage that creativity in the gameplay - in a way that keeps the odds there, is to me what makes it interesting. The crazier the move, the more likelihood it will go wrong, but that’s entirely based on the players guts, and skill. If you want to play safe, walkin n chalkin up kills - you’re not penalized, but if you want more than that it’s there as well. The warthog begins to have this Trials HD quality to it when driving your gunner that only hits the tip of the iceberg for me.

I thought Halo was stupid until I saw someone trapped on a cliffside in coagulation by a banshee, dead for sure, then jump off and skyjack it only to kill his would be death dealer with it. INCREDIBLE!

Also, Why not add a Spartan-Fujikoma tank that walks on buildings or a Mark VII MECH SUIT for Chief like Gundam or Evangelion? If you do the Mech suit - PLEASE don’t do it like that Hawken game. It’s just COD in the air. Graphics great - but that’s about it. It looks slow and a huge let down. If I"m in a mech suit - and I jump - I better be above clouds each time, and if I fly, I better see the planet below me.

> MORE implementation of the VEHICLES & PHYSICS ENGINE into GAME & LEVEL DESIGN
>
> This is one of the defining factors of Halo that makes it NOT like all the other shooters out there. Halo’s physics engine has always pushed it more into the experience of extreme sports as super solder, vs…oh walking around in different huds & level graphics, shooting with different guns. Yawn. Walkin n Chalkin. SOS. COD is essentially a barrage of hallways completely centered around reaction speed and a gun hierarchy. Walk turn shoot, walk turn shoot. Little to no variance. That is NOT what Halo is, and the more they try to compete with that the less they become Halo IMO.
>
> Halo, when it’s worked best for me in the past, has been when they really keep you thinking between not just different guns to use, but what vehicle to use, what ability to use and most importantly - which approach to use. Instead of simply thinking “Should I go right and get a sniper, or go left and get a rocket?” trapped within the confines of a self-proclaimed level designers genius - you instead have the opportunity to dare I say…think!
>
> "Should I get that warthog and drive it up that rock in front to try leaping INTO their base surprising them, OR should I blow the wings off this banshee, and then fly it into the small window of that building to hit them where they wont expect it? Maybe someone could balance on this thing and drop in that way? Or wait…is it possible to walk up that beam if I could fly someone to it?"
>
> Halo, when it uses it’s physics to allow and encourage that creativity in the gameplay - in a way that keeps the odds there, is to me what makes it interesting. The crazier the move, the more likelihood it will go wrong, but that’s entirely based on the players guts, and skill. If you want to play safe, walkin n chalkin up kills - you’re not penalized, but if you want more than that it’s there as well. The warthog begins to have this Trials HD quality to it when driving your gunner that only hits the tip of the iceberg for me.
>
> I thought Halo was stupid until I saw someone trapped on a cliffside in coagulation by a banshee, dead for sure, then jump off and skyjack it only to kill his would be death dealer with it. INCREDIBLE!
>
> Also, Why not add a Spartan-Fujikoma tank that walks on buildings or a Mark VII MECH SUIT for Chief like Gundam or Evangelion? If you do the Mech suit - PLEASE don’t do it like that Hawken game. It’s just COD in the air. Graphics great - but that’s about it. It looks slow and a huge let down. If I"m in a mech suit - and I jump - I better be above clouds each time, and if I fly, I better see the planet below me.

Well unreal tournament and quake have these things like vehicles and such that mix it up to. It’s not that Halo is realy that unique, it’s just games like it are rare nowadays. Last generation almost every shooter was like Halo to some degree almost like how they are all like C.o.D now, it’s just the style of shooters that Halo isnt as popular as it used to be.

> No

i would not mind it if it worked properly.

a

No, no, and no. I’ll save my money if it does. It does not belong in Halo period.

No, please.

> I’ll save my money if it does.

a