Should Reckless Driver's Be Critisized?

This is referring to the drivers of any vehicle in game modes (particularly Big Team Slayer). A number of drivers are reckless and “stupid” when they drive a warthog or Mongoose with other players. I have seen a number of these players who drive “stupid” to be critisized on numerous accounts due to them flipping over (or what have you) and causing the death of other players in the vehicle. Should this go on?

I say no. Accidents are going to happen. If you get in the gunner seat/passenger seat of a vehicle and get a bad driver, you only have yourself to blame. If you are tired of bad drivers, drive yourself. That’s just my opinion though.

yes!

There is only one way to get better, and that is practice and learning from others.

Now I don’t agree with being a total jerk about it, but mistakes must be pointed out.

Such as driving your warthog into the line of fire of your teammates own Gauss hog, as he is trying to take out a tank on Exile…In that situation I had no problem telling someone they need to hit the Sops practice track, or ride shotgun and watch a better driver drive. ( which they did…hehehe they were far better at sniping shotgun then driving )

But then again, some of those accidents make for sidesplitting theater clips.

I’ve seen people that drive like the marines in campain. They suck that much, shooting they are good at but driving is a different story. One guy drove into a rock and I was forced to leave the gauss hog so I could live.

only if they run over a team mate. i can understand if they flip over or get in a sticky situation and die

The teammates who purposely drive their gunners off the map for a betrayal should get instantly booted imo.

I usually only ride with friends. Even then you’re never safe from Mr. Drive-off-by-yourself-in-a-warthog guy.

Sorry for the mobile YouTube link. I’m on my tablet.

How can you not be reckless when you know that every movement brings you to a possible hellstorm of buffed up Halo 4 sticky grenades. Yes driving skill does play a factor but you cant blame them 343 basically destroyed vehicle combat with the vehicles low health and everyone spawning with stickies and plasma pistols.

I have a buddy who is a fairly good driver, and another who quite regularly fails to notice large rocks or sheer drops. I will gun for the first guy but not for the second. I don’t berate him for poor driving, I just don’t get involved.

When it comes to randoms, I’ll give people the benefit of the doubt and if my drviver turns out to be bad I just won’t jump in the next time.

Then there’s the other variety of driver. The ones who are perfectly capable of keeing the vehicle steady and alive, but are pehaps a little over ambitious. Would be evil kaneevels who try to be just a little too awesome and get you both killed. With those guys I do tend to ask what they were hoping to accomplish. It’s not something that gets me particularly mad though.

As I am a pitiful excuse for a driver myself I feel I should hang my head in shame and sit in the corner for reading this thread.

For those who get into the drivers seat of the Guass Hog and drive straight to Red base at the start of the game have a special place for them.

I’m not a terrible driver, but in this game I have to take risky maneuvers just to evade players … Being within grenade range is just too -Yoink!- risky. Sometimes my attempts to avoid players on my radar end up ramping me off rocks. It’s much too cluttered on some maps.

Eh.

It’s usually me on the back of the hog, screaming “It’s a drive BY, not a drive INTO!!!” before we get stickied and laser-beamed, earning a double kill for the opposite team.

With Love,
Your Mom,
~AnonomissX~

As long as drivers don’t honk at me to get on and then proceed to kamikaze bomb every enemy player they see, I’m happy.

I hate drivers who honk at me and then proceeds to:

-Drive into the enemy buildings
-Drive into caves chasing enemy players
-Drive straight into Wariths/Scoprions
-Try to splatter overall
-Drive up the railgun hill on Settler

with me on the turret.

The first thing I do is bail as fast as possible when I notice even the slightest tendensies towards any of those behaviours and leave them to their own demise, then I tell them over an XBL message how to not drive.

If I am on Blue team on Exile I will try & get in the Gauss to drive & the amount of times team-mates jump in the normal hog & drive off leaving me with no gunner is amazing.
I will jump on the Gauss & low & behold someone wants to drive me so I just jump off!
Plus the amount of useless Gauss gunners is amazing, now I know it is not as easy as it use to be but come on, it’s like they think you just have to point the Gauss & it kills people.
Then there are team-mates on mongooses, in ghosts, on foot or the other warthog that block the bridges as I am trying to drive ARRRGGGHHH

Settler is the worst for betrayals by warthogs with just a driver racing to the top the ridge plowing thro team-mates to reach the summit!

It’s better to let them learn…

People should get better but I don’t condone people badmouthing their teammates ingame. Surely encouraging someone instead of putting them down would be a lot more beneficial for all parties.

Moving vehicles in this Halo isn’t easy. I’d say the vehicle physics make this the worst halo yet in terms of driving/flight mechanics. Unless the driver is purposefully being unsportsmanlike then I always give a pass.

It’s way too easy to flip a hog or drive off a maps edge if you’re unfamiliar with the map. I did it on perdition (why the hell is there a cliff on that map!?) and was instantly booted. I assure you it want intentional.

Absolutely! I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve jumped on the back of a Mongoose or Warthog only to have the a-hole driving immediately head for the nearest cliff to drive off of and kill us both just for jollies. It makes me want to reach through the network and shove their teeth down their @$$bag throat.

> Absolutely! I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve jumped on the back of a Mongoose or Warthog only to have the a-hole driving immediately head for the nearest cliff to drive off of and kill us both just for jollies. It makes me want to reach through the network and shove their teeth down their @$$bag throat.

Haha yeah I cannot stand when people do that.