Should Plasma Grenades be ordnance-only?

It takes only one sticky to kill a player

it takes only two to destroy a fully crewed warthog

it takes only two to down a banshee

it takes only two top critically damage a mantis, or a scorpion

call me crazy, but those seem like stats for a power weapon, regardless of what kind of weapon they are

should it be an ordnance weapon?

Maybe, but the count for Plasmas and Pulse Nades should DEFINITELY be reversed.

I’m moving this to the Matchmaking forums. The matchmaking forums will be housing discussions for Halo 4 matchmaking. This includes matters related to Matchmaking mechanics.

For more information why this thread is being moved, please read this for a further explanation. and as always, please feel free to ask questions if you have any.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst174757_Matchmaking--Why-was-my-thread-moved.aspx

And not at all. It doesn’t matter the outcome of the weapon so much as the method to which this method is achieved.
Grenades can be shot out of the air with precisions weapons, deflected with explosives and even parried with another 'nades. A
Vehicles are powerful tools that should be assisted while assisting the infantry least someone be stuck… I’ve personally taken stickies to block the attack on a vehicle because I couldn’t shoot it. Better 1 infantry than 1 vehicle with up to 3 players in it.

> Grenades can be shot out of the air with precisions weapons,

didn’t know that…
and i’m sure most other people wouldn’t know that either

and i really see no situation as to where this can benefit vehicles in combat
plasma grenades are usually thrown low to the ground, so given that one could see one about to hit the vehicle, they wouldn’t have enough time to shoot it down

but given that a player could be able to shoot one down before it lands on an allied vehicle, it probably won’t happen anyway as most players are kill hogs and won’t care to defend a teammates warthog
(now add a medal + points for shooting a sticky mid-air and you’re talking about a different story)

> deflected with explosives

i don’t think you can one they’ve stuck to something…?
and even if you can, you’d damageyour own vehicle by doing that
and it’d be pretty hard to air-shot a flying grenade with a rocket

> and even parried with another 'nades.

what exactly do you mean by that?

> Vehicles are powerful tools that should be assisted while assisting the infantry least someone be stuck…

again, most people play for the K/D and rank, so you won’t see to much of a mutualistic relationship there. The vehicle will not recive protection by infantry because they don’t care really, and vice versa because the vehicles will be busy looking for kills (in my case, all allied infantry i come across are dead, or in some building)

> I’ve personally taken stickies to block the attack on a vehicle because I couldn’t shoot it. Better 1 infantry than 1 vehicle with up to 3 players in it.

if only other players had this teamworking mentality, but sadly, like i’ve said, most people are K/D boasters or crave the next rank

I honestly don’t think so. They are a great anti-vehicle weapon if your not carrying the DMR, Sniper Rifle, or basically anything that kills vehicles almost instantly.

i do not think that it is anything to worry about. As long as you apply pressure with your vehicle the other team will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Stickys are so OP against vehicles. The people voting no must not be able to take down a vehicle without them.

Im also sick of having a CQC weapon like a sword or a hammer and getting stuck at point blank as I get the kill I deserve and it ends a spree.

Either 1 off spawn or take em away all together.

Stickies aren’t just OP against vehicles, they’re almost power weapons themselves. Neither the frag nor the pulse can can OSK as effectively as the PG.

Either one per spawn or no spawn at all.

Edit: And we should have two pulse nades as well.

> Stickys are so OP against vehicles. The people voting no must not be able to take down a vehicle without them.
>
> Im also sick of having a CQC weapon like a sword or a hammer and getting stuck at point blank as I get the kill I deserve and it ends a spree.
>
> Either 1 off spawn or take em away all together.

Everyone is entitled to their on opinion man,and everyone does not have problems with the same weapons you do. I understand that the game can be frustrating at times but the plasma grenades being a problem is not a fact. Ill admit that i encountered the same problems with close quarter plasma grenades but if learned to be more alert.

> Stickys are so OP against vehicles. The people voting no must not be able to take down a vehicle without them.
>
> Im also sick of having a CQC weapon like a sword or a hammer and getting stuck at point blank as I get the kill I deserve and it ends a spree.
>
> Either 1 off spawn or take em away all together.

Well not everyone uses DMR, which everyone knows is overpowered against everything. So yes, we COULD all use the DMR, but I like to use the variety of weapons put in the game, as do others.

Stickies are annoying, for vehicles and just in general. I hate suicide sticking.