Should ordnance be removed from ranked games?

I just played a game where I died only by inceneration cannons, fuel rods and snipers/binary rifle.

How can skill be shown when all you have to do is use the power weapons given to you to get more power weapons to boost your k/d.

This why social and ranked playlists are needed. Because its too random and you don’t know what your enemy has.

Ordenance should never be in Halo at the first time

Part of having skill is being able to deal with evolving situations.

When you die more by power weapons than loadout weapons something is very wrong.

They should be removed from all playlist.

What was ever wrong with weapons on map?

I’ll give you the answer: Nothing

> When you die more by power weapons than loadout weapons something is very wrong.

That’s very untrue. And if this was classic Halo, would you complain about a Rocket Launcher or Sniper Rifle placed on the map killing you?

You aren’t complaining about the weapons, you’re complaining about who is allowed to use them.

> They should be removed from all playlist.
>
> What was ever wrong with weapons on map?
>
> I’ll give you the answer: Alot

Fixed that for ya.

Yes. I suggest that you make a pol.

> They should be removed from all playlist.
>
> What was ever wrong with weapons on map?
>
> I’ll give you the answer: Nothing

Casuals rarely got them.

That’s why they added the ordnance system.

Some people takes these CSR too serious.

And btw. My CSR will rarely improve or drop because I got Rocket Launcher instead of Shotgun that one time…

Two players perform equally on opposing teams on Ragnorok. One is rewarded with a needler, the other is rewarded with a binary rifle. They just received thier ordnace, at other ends of the map. Who is more likely to win out in thier next confrontation? If they are equally skilled, the obvious winner will be the binary rifle wielder. Personal ordnance and random ordnance leads to unbalance.

> Part of having skill is being able to deal with evolving situations.

Don’t feed me that -Yoink-.

There’s nothing skillful about there being eight power weapons utilizing various ranges in play at the same time, with absolutely no indication of them having one until they pop around the corner and blast you with it.

Don’t ever go out in the open, don’t enter congested areas, don’t stick to medium range, you might as well say don’t even pick up the controller at that point.

> Ordenance should never be in Halo at the first time

Exactly this.

They should have actually returned Halo to it’s roots.

In my opinion, ordinance should be removed from Halo entirely. Too many people getting power weapons.

Personal ordinance should be removed from all standard gametypes period.

As for random world ordinance that needs to go as well. There is a reason every sane forger has consistent ordinance, and it is not because they don’t put in the time to place a whole bunch of spawn locations.

Both forms of ordinance ruin map flow and the overall pace of the game.

> > They should be removed from all playlist.
> >
> > What was ever wrong with weapons on map?
> >
> > I’ll give you the answer: Nothing
>
> Casuals rarely got them.
>
> That’s why they added the ordnance system.

Oh no,

Dem’Casuals are ruining it for everyone!

> > Ordenance should never be in Halo at the first time
>
> Exactly this.
>
> They should have actually returned Halo to it’s roots.

-Yoink- the roots.

343i should put more innovations into the game.

Drops, perks, modifiers. It is all good.

> Part of having skill is being able to deal with evolving situations.

I’ll second Ramir3z77, and just add that if they player with the obviously less adequate ordnance wins against someone who has better ordnace, I agree that more often than not he/she is a better player. The problem arises when the better equipped player wins the confrontation, because it doesn’t necessarily mean that player was more skilled, because, had the players been on equal footing, the outcome could have been very different. All the better equipped player winning really proves is that he/she is more lucky, not more skilled.

> > > Ordenance should never be in Halo at the first time
> >
> > Exactly this.
> >
> > They should have actually returned Halo to it’s roots.
>
> -Yoink!- the roots.
>
> 343i should put more innovations into the game.
>
> Drops, perks, modifiers. It is all good.

How is that innovative when someone else has already done it?

I think ordinance should be changed but not removed. Currently the system is broken, too many power weapons can be in play at once and there is no way to know what weapons are in play. Instead I propose that ordinance drops are changed like so:

Left: Loadout Weapon
Middle: Grenades
Right: Secondary Weapon

This way it rewards players for playing well with additional ammo without overpowering good players by handing them power weapons. It ensures players are able to know what weapons are in play at one given time.

Random ordinance, the randomly dropped ordinance on a map, should be removed and replaced with fixed spawns for the weapons. I like the idea of the initial ordinance drops, but the random random drops need to go. They were a bold idea and move, but ultimately they failed.

Take us back to the old system, where we had to locate weapons on the map and infuse it with the initial ordinance drop system so power weapons are highlighted on the map but non power weapons are not, giving newer players a helping hand by showing them where the power weapons are but the experienced players still have to rely on a degree of map control to win the game.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, I hope we’ll see some sort of compromise between the two as both systems have merits and flaws, my idea, whilst unrefined and in need of balancing no doubt, is meant to bring the merits of both together to combat the flaws of each system. Stronger together than they are individually.

> > > > Ordenance should never be in Halo at the first time
> > >
> > > Exactly this.
> > >
> > > They should have actually returned Halo to it’s roots.
> >
> > -Yoink!- the roots.
> >
> > 343i should put more innovations into the game.
> >
> > Drops, perks, modifiers. It is all good.
>
> How is that innovative when someone else has already done it?

Be very careful, I saw a sign earlier that said DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

:slight_smile: