Should Ordinance Drops be removed from Halo 5

Should ordinance drops be changed, kept, or removed from Halo 5?

Keep it.

It’s great for PvE game modes and great for timed weapon re spawns, way better than weapons magically appearing.

Infinity slayer and all it’s objective counter parts (Infinity CTF, Oddball, KOTH etc) can be mixed together and be a little 4v4 game mode in the corner of the playlist.

Random Ordnance: I’m 100% this will be removed, thankfully.

Personal Ordnance: I’d personally like to see it removed just because I don’t find it rewarding and don’t enjoy playing a team of players with Overshield despite only having a couple of kills. I’m pretty certain it will return however.

Initial Ordnance: I honestly don’t mind it much. I just don’t like how it doesn’t prompt learning timers. Or how it rewards players for being right place at right time by complete coincidence. It should return in social playlists.

First of all the only power weapons that should be on the maps are the ones that spawn there initially.
Also Ordinance should either be removed or balanced to the point where it only gives you primary or secondary ammo refills.
Finally, theirs already thread discussing Ordinance already I suggest posting there. With a post of mine explaining with more reasons why we shouldn’t have Halo 4’s current type of Ordinance.

Ordinance Thread

EDIT: I’m gonna include this since they’re kinda tied in w/ weapon indicators: How about we return an aspect of Halo that should’ve never left and return to punishing NOOBS for not knowing weapon spawns, or the time that it spawned. I mean heck I remember when you would first play a map in MP and if you didn’t know Yoink about the map like weapon spawns, and when they spawned you would find out quick. Finally, weapon indicators baby the NOOBS way to much, and also the indicators give away surprising the enemy team which I found rather ridiculous because if I saw that the indicator vanished and my teammates weren’t around the power weapon spawn I would know instantly that the other team had the weapon.

Should be removed completely, does absolutely nothing beneficial for the game.

Kill it as it is now, however if we can change it into something better, I think we should try. I recommend we do this instead of just outright removing it:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2757197_Evolution-of-ordnance.aspx#post2757197

If this doesn’t work however, then let’s just get rid of it.

Get rid of both,I used to be able to fight default on default to see whos better with there primary weapons, Ordnance kills that and it’s very unfair.

Random Ordnance looks like it will be removed, seeing as 343 practically removed them from all maps and returned to the traditional method of static spawns. I’m ok with the indicators that show what’s there whenever they are available as that helps speeds up the learning process of the maps.

Personal Ordnance needs work or removal. Currently, it has a snowball effect: If a team gets a good lead, they can quickly gain more powerups or weapons to make it easier to gain more points and more power weapons on top of the current static spawning weapons that they can quickly gain through Map Control. Add to it that they can be completely random and is known to not reward players equally for each milestone, and you get a mess that can mess the flow of battle, and make things even worse for JiP’d players joining in.

That method needs to go.

Or, it needs to be more fair, and reward players with a select set of options to ensure no one is getting a big advantage over another, and to encourage sharing Ordnance better. I prefer sets of options per map. No one will know what they can get, but when they do, they will know that this is what everyone can get everytime they get to call in an ordnance. This way, variety will still available at the map, while making sure everyone is treated equally when they finally get to call things in.

Random Infinity Ordnance is gone. With no real indication of when and where, it’s just bound to not happen. Personal Ordnance needs to change to a more fairer method that rewards players equally, or they need to kick it out. There’s my 2 cents.

Ordnance has no place in Halo’s multiplayer. A person should not be rewarded for camping with a rocket launcher, that’s just stupid. Static spawns encouraged teamwork and map control and that’s one of the many things that Halo’s multiplayer should always have.

Remove it completely from Matchmaking, but allow it in Custom Games.

Believe it or not, but Personal Ordnance can be extremely useful for Custom Gamers.

> Remove it completely from Matchmaking, but allow it in Custom Games.
>
> Believe it or not, but Personal Ordnance can be extremely useful for Custom Gamers.

I keep seeing people post this, but I’ve never seen any gametypes that successfully implement Personal Ordnance into the game.

> > Remove it completely from Matchmaking, but allow it in Custom Games.
> >
> > Believe it or not, but Personal Ordnance can be extremely useful for Custom Gamers.
>
> I keep seeing people post this, but I’ve never seen any gametypes that successfully implement Personal Ordnance into the game.

How does that justify removing them as an option?

I’ve made some successful gametypes that utilize Personal Ordnance and I’d be quite unhappy to learn that I can’t remake them in Halo 5.

> > > Remove it completely from Matchmaking, but allow it in Custom Games.
> > >
> > > Believe it or not, but Personal Ordnance can be extremely useful for Custom Gamers.
> >
> > I keep seeing people post this, but I’ve never seen any gametypes that successfully implement Personal Ordnance into the game.
>
> How does that justify removing them as an option?
>
> I’ve made some successful gametypes that utilize Personal Ordnance and I’d be quite unhappy to learn that I can’t remake them in Halo 5.

You should only be able to customize Ordinance strictly in CG, but as for MP goes Ordinance should be only ammo refills for primary/secondary’s.

I don’t think drops need to be a thing in normal gamemodes, static weapon spawns have always worked and I think it should be that way for Halo 5. For some unique big team gamemodes, sure.