Should Motion Sensor be added to Slayer Pro?

Do you think a standard 25m (or w/e it is) motion sensor should be added to the Slayer Pro variant in Infinity Slayer and BTB? If not, why?

At first i thought yes, “where is the motion sensor”.
However i now think the Slayer Pro variant is fine the way it is…

I would like to see it added simply because if I am looking for that hyper-competitive experience, I’m going to play Throwdown.

When I’m casually playing with one or two friends in IS and we can’t rely on our randoms for map control or callouts, having no radar makes the game kind of random and silly at times.

However, it isn’t a necessity to see it come back in IS so much as it is in BTB.

BTB is a gametype that needs a motion tracker no matter how full your team is. the maps are too complex and full of nooks and crannies not to.

So I guess I’ll say final virdict -> Yes in BTB. Doesn’t matter to me in IS.

Sure. I think they should add a Motion Tracker and call it Team Slayer.

I think it should be, especially because the community doesn’t use their mics in game. With no one on your team giving out call-outs or any information about what’s currently happening elsewhere on the map, it makes things like 1 hit pummel kills to the back more common, or walking around the map for 3 minutes unable to find anyone, but the latter is due to both lack of sensor and team communication. I’m fine with the gametype as it is really, but unless I’m playing with people I know will watch my back and give call-outs, I’d like to have the sensor and watch my own back.

I would like the radar added, but I am ok without it. Anything to play Halo without Jetpacks, Camo or Promethean Vision.

Your average player is in no way shape or form a “Pro”.

And while competition level gamers may be able to reason the lack of a radar, the average player is having a hard time with it.

There is also the issue of the Mantis in BTB getting outright owned because people cannot see enemies sneaking up behind to board it.

> And while competition level gamers may be able to reason the lack of a radar, the average player is having a hard time with it.

The notion that no radar is for pro players only is depressing.

Have people ever played another FPS? Do they even have any motivation to improve at the game at all?

Fine, add it to 4v4. Only because I’m tired of hearing this new generation of gamers complain.

But I can support it in BTB, where there is enough action going on to warrant a radar.

Of course it should. If you are going to mix it into a social playlist you can’t put such a hardcore feature in it. Especially btb needs the motion sensor, the ghosts are too quiet to always hear them coming.

I do not enjoy playing without motion sensor since I always play as a random, it is how I keep track of what is going on and keep myself from being easily flanked. I don’t enjoy slayer pro and the lack of a motion sensor is the only reason

> > And while competition level gamers may be able to reason the lack of a radar, the average player is having a hard time with it.
>
> The notion that no radar is for pro players only is depressing.
>
> Have people ever played another FPS? Do they even have any motivation to improve at the game at all?
>
> Fine, add it to 4v4. Only because I’m tired of hearing this new generation of gamers complain.
>
> But I can support it in BTB, where there is enough action going on to warrant a radar.

Ah, sorry, should have clarified, I was talking about BTB.

In basic Slayer, I don’t see the need, you should be paying attention to what’s going on anyway. The key to play defensively is to be twitchy in the first place.

I don’t have a problem with no motion sensor, I do have a problem with bad map flow.

It should exist, but it must be limited.

It should only track 15 meters, and only show enemies while they’re shooting.

Im totally in favour of slayer pro, I really love this gametype because it compesates the lack of vehicle combat, also the best players are not dependent of power weapons, but I think that the motion tracker should be added, because a big part of the players dont know how to move around the map, without the motion tracker, and it affects significally the flow of the game. Also the weapons spawns should be static and not random, like previous Halos. On the other hand, if we want to have something against vehicles, there should be plasma grenades and plasma pistol in the weapons spawns. Another great addition would be, put some power ups in the map, like overshields and maybe , MAYBE damage increase.

I love everything about slayer pro except not having radar. Sprint+No radar= No good.

Weird how more people are saying they’re fine with it having no radar, but the poll is showing more votes for Yes.

Anyways, I think it really should be added. I like the preset loadouts of Pro, but I hate the fact that it doesn’t have radar. If it did, I think it would be perfect.

> Weird how more people are saying they’re fine with it having no radar, but the poll is showing more votes for Yes.

I think what this shows is that people are indeed fine with the game type, they just believe motion sensor would make it better, as you said yourself already, “perfect”.

Im fine with Radar in BTB Pro. However in anything else no.

It should be up to the Player to watch his own back, or determine were an enemy may move next. Not the game’s.

Radar in btb sure, 4v4 slayer hell no. Radar slows the game down in 4v4. Really its not that hard to get used to playing without radar, there is enough info on your screen to accurately guess were the enemies are.

> > Weird how more people are saying they’re fine with it having no radar, but the poll is showing more votes for Yes.
>
> I think what this shows is that people are indeed fine with the game type, they just believe motion sensor would make it better, as you said yourself already, “perfect”.

It’s easier to answer the poll than to type out another post explaining something you’ve already said many times before.

I’d rather click “Yes, add motion tracker” than type out another explanation about how rare/difficult teamwork and coordination is with randoms in Halo matchmaking. Even if I do write that post there will be some guy that argues how you should work with your teammates, talk with them, and form a group. However, most people don’t have the time or don’t care enough to do that. But hey, I’m sure all the competitives will be happy until they realize the game won’t spring back up in population just because you went from the Left side of the spectrum to the Right. The majority is in the middle.

No.

Then my victims can see me coming up behind them in my ghost!