Should MLG pick Halo back up?

I think so. It sure takes alot more skill than Call of Duty. It also gives Halo players such as myself a better name knowing MLG supports Halo.

I know many people will be like “Your just a tryhard. MLG is for tryhards” Please avoid stating that response I have heard it enough.

What are your thoughts?

i would like it but halo 4 has terrible balance.

> i would like it but halo 4 has terrible balance.

Play on competitive settings and it is fine. We just need descoping and sprint disabled for MLG and it would be perfect.

hell yeah, in fact they shoulda picked up alotta games that they tried out then “dropped” like battlefield 3 and counter strike go…

They probably will take Halo 5 for MLG,

Hell if they are going to bring battlefield MLG back why not halo?

I don’t know. Is anyone even tuning in or participating in the competitive Halo scene anymore?

> then “dropped” like battlefield 3 and counter strike go…

Why would they drop CSGO?

Halo needs to get more viewers if MLG will pick it up again in my opinion.

> I don’t know. Is anyone even tuning in or participating in the competitive Halo scene anymore?
>
>
>
> > then “dropped” like battlefield 3 and counter strike go…
>
> Why would they drop CSGO?

damn, I meant source, I didn’t mean the newer Cs, that’s still going strong…

I still think they should bring CS source back into MLG and drop GO, but that’s for another forum…

P.S ESEA is much better for CS GO

@Ramir3z77

Yes. I watch all the AGL tournaments on Twitch.

Won’t happen(at least for the rest of Halo 4’s life cycle).

There just isn’t enough support and money for for MLG to make a profit in Halo compared to games like CoD, LoL, and SC2(which btw LoL and SC2 are most likely being dropped for Cbus).

> I don’t know. Is anyone even tuning in or participating in the competitive Halo scene anymore?
>
>
>
> > then “dropped” like battlefield 3 and counter strike go…
>
> Why would they drop CSGO?

AGL8 a couple of weeks ago got a good amount of teams and almost got 9k viewers.

This weekend in AGL9. Meant to be a small event so not a lot of teams or people paying attention to it. Sucks because this event is labeled as “FPSFest” where AGL Halo and UMG CoD were partnering up at the same event.

That depends;

Is Halo picking classic back up?

> Yes. I watch all the AGL tournaments on Twitch.

Yes, you watch all the tournaments…

> AGL8 a couple of weeks ago got a good amount of teams and almost got 9k viewers.

9k is pretty sad to be frank, people stream lets-plays and as many views. Correct me if I’m wrong, League of Legends tournaments can get over 100k viewers.

It’s not AGL’s or MLG’s fault but rather a decline in interest towards competitive Halo. Perhaps the game isn’t competitive enough, perhaps people have just lost interest over time, we could speculate all day.

Anyways, if AGL is doing fine running the tournaments, and interest is low to the point MLG wouldn’t attract anyone, I don’t see MLG having any relevance.

> That depends;
>
> Is Halo picking classic back up?

This. h4 will not be picked up by mlg but as of now i do have faith that 343 will bring back the roots of halo. (This is coming from a guy who hasnt played halo really at all in the past couple of month, because he hates it)

AGL is the one in charge of pro halo nowadays. MLG and halo had a falling out. Fine by me, agl has more frequent tournaments and does a great job.

MLG isn’t the end all, be all of competitive gaming. Everything they do is second or third to some other league. I don’t see why people want Halo in MLG so bad. Sure it would be nice and it would help Halo’s status, but AGL and Halo have a chance to do some great things.

MLG is just where the money is at that’s all. Although 343i are starting to offer some nice prize money with this global championship. Most pro gamers will go where they can make the most money.

> MLG isn’t the end all, be all of competitive gaming. Everything they do is second or third to some other league. I don’t see why people want Halo in MLG so bad. Sure it would be nice and it would help Halo’s status, but AGL and Halo have a chance to do some great things.

Don’t get me wrong, I love AGL but I think MLG will be better for Halo.

> > Yes. I watch all the AGL tournaments on Twitch.
>
> Yes, you watch all the tournaments…
>
>
>
> > AGL8 a couple of weeks ago got a good amount of teams and almost got 9k viewers.
>
> <mark>9k is pretty sad to be frank, people stream lets-plays and as many views. Correct me if I’m wrong, League of Legends tournaments can get over 100k viewers.</mark>
>
> It’s not AGL’s or MLG’s fault but rather a decline in interest towards competitive Halo. Perhaps the game isn’t competitive enough, perhaps people have just lost interest over time, we could speculate all day.
>
> Anyways, if AGL is doing fine running the tournaments, and interest is low to the point MLG wouldn’t attract anyone, I don’t see MLG having any relevance.

Actually 9k is not that bad for a small AGL event compared to MLG events, especially since the online community for Halo 4 is pretty low, meaning low interest in tournaments.

Also comparing LOL viewers one of the biggest free games out there with millions of players is not really fair (about 5 million players at peak hours, with over 30 million players monthly).

And the lets play is a totally different fan base where the broadcaster/player is the main draw factor.

I thought it was Microsoft that dumped MLG, not the other way around.

I think that MLG should pick Halo back because there going be more wide spread torneyments like 2 weeks away from eachother like agl arena gaming league.