Should Master Chief be "Broken" in Halo 5?

As in should some events happen that become so traumatizing and damaging to him and humanity that he will be broken by it. Something bigger than Cortana’s death. I think it would be an interesting twist on a character we are only now really getting to know outside of the books. You all know if you’ve read the books that Master Chief takes feelings quite seriously and he could be broken inward by something.

I don’t know it seems interesting to me.

I want him to be physically broken and mentally. Like how batman was physically broken by bane. I also want him tortured (mentally) like iron man was by Aldrich and watch him look at what he loves tortured and there’s nothing he can do about it(symbolically). But then I want him to rise above it all.

Most certainly.

Yes. A broken master chief should be the most badass thing out there, meaning I would love to see him overly brutal to his enemies and more defiant against commanding officers.

To have this concept fully realized, wouldn’t we have to see the MC’s face?

If 343 are so determined to break something, I would rather it was Master Chief than the gameplay itself this time.

On a serious note, I’m all up for Chief being upset and a little crazy in Halo 5, as long as it is within reason of course. I certainly don’t want him to be so upset over Cortana that he stops caring about anything else.

No. He’s a human, yes, but he’s Chief. He went for a while without her before anyways. He’s a big boy, time to show it.

> <mark>If 343 are so determined to break something, I would rather it was Master Chief than the gameplay itself this time.</mark>
>
> On a serious note, I’m all up for Chief being upset and a little crazy in Halo 5, as long as it is within reason of course. I certainly don’t want him to be so upset over Cortana that he stops caring about anything else.

So much respect to you, sir. Made me smile.

Regardless. Yeah, Chief should totally be a little bent. Cortana is his motivation, which really makes her death all that more impact-full. Thinking of how the Didact murdered Cortana, I’m sure he’ll mercilessly rip off Prometheans arms and stab them with their own. Even more so than in Halo 4! :smiley:

Emotionally, sure, as long as he is healed later

> No. He’s a human, yes, but he’s Chief. He went for a while without her before anyways. He’s a big boy, time to show it.

So basically, “-Yoink- that noise about Chief actually finding his humanity.”

> > No. He’s a human, yes, but he’s Chief. He went for a while without her before anyways. He’s a big boy, time to show it.
>
> So basically, “-Yoink!- that noise about Chief actually finding his humanity.”

Not at all. He should ponder about her and search to revive her and all that showing that he’s human, but not be “broken”.

Besides, Blue may come back, and there’s Halsey.

> I want him to be physically broken and mentally. Like how batman was physically broken by bane. I also want him tortured (mentally) like iron man was by Aldrich and watch him look at what he loves tortured and there’s nothing he can do about it(symbolically). But then I want him to rise above it all.

yes it will be SO awesome to play a supersoldier on a wheelchair

-facepalm-

I seriously hope 343 does not listen to these suggestions.

Also, let us not lay it on too thick with the broken stuff, I am ok with a dark tone but let us not escalate into the grimdark mental -Yoink!- a lot of studios seem to think is “mature hip and cool” these days

He’ll be just fine knowing he’s human (as long as he doesn’t get cocky like some of the IV’s) which I doubt.