Should Karen Traviss write the next Halo games?

Karen Traviss had done the great job with video game stories like Star Wars Republic Commando and Gears of war 3 also I think the best Sci-Fi writter even. If she writes the story for one or more games that will be great. I hope she does a amazing and epic job on Halo like she did for the Republic Commando and Gears of War series.

I’d have to read Glasslands before I could give my opinion. lol

No!

After having read the Gears of War novels I would love for her to write as many Halo novels as she likes :slight_smile:

I am judging her work in video games Gears of War 3 and Republic Commando story was so epic but I will like see if she can put that epicness into Halo. I can’t wait to read Glasslands!

> No!

Provide discussion please.

Personally, I loved the Gears 3 campaign, a couple plot holes, but I don’t know if I could blame her for all of them, but she did a great job.

I never got around to completing Republic Commando, so I should probably do that, and finish reading Aspho Fields as well…

Frank O’ Connor or nothing, that is all.

> > No!
>
> Provide discussion please.
>
> Personally, I loved the Gears 3 campaign, a couple plot holes, but I don’t know if I could blame her for all of them, but she did a great job.
>
> I never got around to completing Republic Commando, so I should probably do that, and finish reading Aspho Fields as well…

I don’t like her writing.

> Frank O’ Connor or nothing, that is all.

And this.

> Karen Traviss had done the great job with video game stories like Star Wars Republic Commando and Gears of war 3 also I think the best Sci-Fi writter even. If she writes the story for one or more games that will be great. I hope she does a amazing and epic job on Halo like she did for the Republic Commando and Gears of War series.

I would be happy to see her write it, but I want the storyboard made by the same people who made the story for Halo 4. The finer details can be left to Traviss though.

Yo, wouldn’t it be awesome if J.K. Rowling wrote the next Halo?

> Yo, wouldn’t it be awesome if J.K. Rowling wrote the next Halo?

Then master chief’s companion would be an owl and that would be awesome.

After reading the Gears of War Novels, and Glasslands and Thursday War, I wouldn’t mind her writing the next Halo games.

I really like the way Karen Traviss writes so I’d be thrilled if she were to have a role in the writing!

We would probably see a bit more profanity, which I don’t mind because it makes characters seem more believable (Gears of War).

But Halo has gone 11 years strong without strong language so it’s not something I’m crazy about.

> Yo, wouldn’t it be awesome if J.K. Rowling wrote the next Halo?

She would surely explain the magic that happen at the end of this game better.

Yes

At this rate, I really don’t care anymore. Halo has extended its story past where it should have ended, and now we’re delving in to the “Comic Book Realm” of writing.

Old thread is old.

god no! please hell no , no no no no NO! i cannot stand her writing and she makes the halo universe boring as well. Almost turned it into a political sci fi story and taken away all the awe and mistery in halo imbh.

This comes from someone who has read every book, comic published. From the way the story is going right now its more leaning towards greg bears novels than karens.

Also i felt it was prity obvious that karen doesnt like haslys character and even cortanas to an exstent, you can kinda see some of her writing from her books coming threw in the halo spartan ops, and from what i’ve seen people are not enjoying how hasly is being treated and how a certain spartan is anoying the crap out of people cough “egg heads”

Anyway if there was going to be a writer who would take on the halo cannon full time i wouldnt mind it being a colab between greg bear and eric nylund. I think those two have cemented great amounts of law into halo and retain the mystery that makes halo great.