Should Invasion be DLC Required?

I know a lot of people would be unhappy with this but I’m sure a lot of people would be happy with it too. Invasion on Breakpoint almost never comes up in squad DLC.
I personally kind of want it to be DLC required

Every playlist except team slayer and objective should be dlc required.

Pretty sure Invasion can never be DLC required, because three disc achievements can only be earned in Invasion (Skunked, Be My Wingman Anytime, and Knife to a Gunfight).

If there were Invasion maps on Ridgeline, Breakneck, Tempest etc then yes… But Invasion is broken on those maps and, as far as I know, cannot be fixed.

I think the answer is no.

> Pretty sure Invasion can never be DLC required, because three disc achievements can only be earned in Invasion (Skunked, Be My Wingman Anytime, and Knife to a Gunfight).

This.

I was pushing for Squad DLC to include disc maps and have a greater focus on Invasion, along with a light selection of good 6v6 objective and a dash of slayer… but the motion didn’t really garner any support because people would rather hold out for something that’ll absolutely never happen (DLC requirement on Invasion Playlist) than look for innovative solutions.

And oh look, Squad DLC is still dying…

> Pretty sure Invasion can never be DLC required, because three disc achievements can only be earned in Invasion (Skunked, Be My Wingman Anytime, and Knife to a Gunfight).

I need to remember this for when these topics roll around.

Just noble.

> I know a lot of people would be unhappy with this but I’m sure a lot of people would be happy with it too. Invasion on Breakpoint almost never comes up in squad DLC.
> I personally kind of want it to be DLC required

wait wait wait, is Invasion breakpoint on squad DLC? I need to play that playlist more often.

As for it being DLC required, that would be nice, but I think it would be simpler if you could just have a setting were you only play with people with the same DLC as you.

At least noble dlc required.

> Every playlist except team slayer and objective should be dlc required.

Signed.

I really like the DLC maps and think that they’re overall better than the default maps that shipped with the game. Yet it’s really rare to play on a DLC map in any of the regular playlists, which in turn means that I wasted money on something I hardly ever get to use. That’s big disappointment for me, and I’ve learned my lesson: Don’t buy DLC unless it becomes required. Sad but true.

The only thing that could convince me to buy future DLC for Reach and the upcoming Halo games is if there’s a search option in matchmaking that I can turn on/off and - if turned on - matches me only with players who have the same DLC as I do. This means that DLC won’t be required, but those who bought it can play it whenever they like. In my opinion, that’s the best solution to this whole issue.

nah, just Noble DLC required, not all, otherwise they would, again, be ripping off all of our money

343i really needs to make the DLC free at this point. I find anoying that I really cant play Breakpoint in the invasion playlist.

It should be if the invasion playlist had a bigger “community”, but making a already fragile playlist weaker is an bad idea imo. I would much rather have the DLC search filter.