Should infinite use the halo 5 scorpion?

Out of all of the vehicles in halo, the scorpion is my favorite, and this may come as a surprise for you that I love the halo 5 scorpion, and looks exactly like a Main Battle Tank.
But I’m not making this whether I like it or not (I’m sure you don’t really care), I’m making this whether you think the more T-72 like design should return.
Even though I like It, the original scorpion was iconic and it would be stupid to have a more modern day looking tank, 500 years on the future, still a thought.

I’d like it if they used something more like the Halo Wars 2 tank

No they shouldn’t it’s the most boring generic vehicle in the Halo universe. It looks worse in every way than the older Scoprion.

> 2535452330569383;1:
> I love the halo 5 scorpion, and looks exactly like a Main Battle Tank.

I mean, I like it fine enough as a generic tank and wouldn’t mind it returning in some way, but it needs a different name, because it just doesn’t look like a scorpion anymore.
The track bogies of the classic scorpion stood out farther than the central chassis and were mounted slightly lower, as they were supposed to be seen as a scorpion’s pincers. H5G’s tank no longer has those characteristics, its track pods have the exact same length and height as the centerpiece, so the name no longer makes sense.

The tank is fine as a tank itself, but it’s generic in design and function. The tanks up until and including H4 looked very unique and they also felt nimble (well, as nimble as a tank can). Of all the vehicles in H5, the tanks feels the clumsiest to control. It gets stuck on the simplest of objects and it often doesn’t go in the direction you want it to. It’s still incredibly useful and powerful (and one of my favorites for WZF), but it feels like a step down in many ways. I’d take the H2 tank over anything else, if given a choice.

No…just no. The Halo 5 design might have been bulkier and more intimidating but the design from previous titles actually looked a bit more like a scorpion. Plus from a more nostalgic standpoint, the Halo 5 design was just too untraditional and generic for my liking. Don’t get me wrong, I admire 343’s open mind with their artstyle but my only issues in Halo 5’s in particular was the scorpion and rocket launcher. “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.”

If i think about Halo and whats important for the game, the scorpions ranks in the lower 10%.
I just hope they get the basics right. Then the Scorpion might be metallic pink in Hello Kitty style and i would be ok with it.

Absolutely not! Its slow, feels like it has less armor and the lack of a driver controlled 50 cal. Having the scorpion lose its coaxial mg was a terrible idea. If they added the secondary MG turret along with the main coax then the new scorpions would be fine. However, I digress. The M820 is slow and underpowered. It lurches along compared to the H4 and H3 Scorpions. Not great. Even the description of the new Scorpions says the weight is reduced but the armor is the same, yet its slow as hell and they still use a 90mm round instead of something larger with a combustible cartridge case.

They need to bring the M850SGrizzly into H6 and I’ll be appeased.

Why am I annoyed by all this? I used to drive Abrams tanks and there is more armament on those then the Scorp.

Nah OG Halo 3 Scorpion all the way

I think the original tank design (M808) should return. The halo 5 one was simultaneously both over detailed, and generic, paradoxically. The classic scorpions silhouette justifies the name. And, it’s just an iconic and great design over all.

That said, if they were to say, take the Halo 5 Hannibal tank, streamline it, make it look nicer and blend better with Infinite’s art style, and give it a new name (Bull, Boar, some other big animal that starts with B, I don’t know), and maybe give it an alternate fire mode like the Halo CE scorpion. Make it a siege type vehicle. I’d be up for that. Though I’ve always wanted more vehicles in Halo.

I don’t care what it looks like as long as they either make it take 2 boardings to destroy it or make it invulnerable to plasma pistol EMP. I never want the experience of getting to a big hulking tank and getting constantly EMP’d by some bloke on the other side of the map who spawned with a plasma pistol like in Halo 4 ever again.

I mean, it sure looked nice, but going with halo 3-ish design would be the best for me.

H5 scorpion design is not good. They should go for a H3 or Reach design. I do want to see the Hannibal Scorpion return with a classic design

> 2535453809720436;12:
> I mean, it sure looked nice, but going with halo 3-ish design would be the best for me.

I don’t really like he H3 design because the modeling is a total mess, the smoke launchers are actual cuboids

> 2533274801176260;4:
> > 2535452330569383;1:
> > I love the halo 5 scorpion, and looks exactly like a Main Battle Tank.
>
> I mean, I like it fine enough as a generic tank and wouldn’t mind it returning in some way, but it needs a different name, because it just doesn’t look like a scorpion anymore.
> The track bogies of the classic scorpion stood out farther than the central chassis and were mounted slightly lower, as they were supposed to be seen as a scorpion’s pincers. H5G’s tank no longer has those characteristics, its track pods have the exact same length and height as the centerpiece, so the name no longer makes sense.

I suppose you’re right, the H5 scorpion looks a bit too much like an MBT from like 40 years ago in a game 500 years in the future.
It should have it’s own, but I just love the design that’s all :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274793250636;7:
> If i think about Halo and whats important for the game, the scorpions ranks in the lower 10%.
> I just hope they get the basics right. Then the Scorpion might be metallic pink in Hello Kitty style and i would be ok with it.

Any idea how I can get this Sanrio Tank Coating?

I like the original Scorpion tank better design-wise. Super iconic and interesting design to boot. Halo 5 tank was generic in design by comparison, though there there were fun tank variants gameplay-wise.

Match the silhouette, modernize the look and function. If they use CE as the baseline and take that approach, itll be fire.

> 2614366390849210;18:
> Match the silhouette, modernize the look and function. If they use CE as the baseline and take that approach, itll be fire.

They already used CE as the baseline for the graphics haha

I’d rather have the Halo 2 or the Reach Tank back, Halo 5’s scorpion looked so Modern I could Hardly Recognise it was a Scorpion