Should Infinite have a rare armor like Recon was

I hope it has a armor that is like them. But I think it should be earnable. Like play 2020 hours of Halo Infinite multiplayer
I think playtime would be a good way to earn it. Also it should count the actual time played, and be able to tell if people are idling, that way they can’t just sit in a game and do nothing.
Should there be such a armor like Recon/Fotus in Infinite ?

I think there should be some type of specialty armor that stands out for certain achievements earned, milestones, those who pre ordered certain versions of the game, and maybe even something for the veteran players who have a history of achievements and/or service records with previous Halo games. At the very least, I hope the number of armor choices dwindles down to a dozen or so. That would make the specialty armors stick out more in multiplayer. I feel it would bring back a sense of pride among players who earned all 1000 achievements or preordered the Legendary Edition. Does that make sense?

Simply… YES!

Recon was a pain to get but it was also a lot of fun and I got a chance to play with some greats guys from the Spartan 1 Project to finish some of the vidmasters.

Would love hard to unlock armours. We need a 3/Reach style system. I’m actually going back through Halo 3 to get as many armours as possible and it’s so fun. Hopefully they bring back most of the old armours and keep the number of new ones down so we don’t get a Halo 5 situation.

> 2546678360738636;2:
> I think there should be some type of specialty armor that stands out for certain achievements earned, milestones, those who pre ordered certain versions of the game, and maybe even something for the veteran players who have a history of achievements and/or service records with previous Halo games. At the very least, I hope the number of armor choices dwindles down to a dozen or so. That would make the specialty armors stick out more in multiplayer. I feel it would bring back a sense of pride among players who earned all 1000 achievements or preordered the Legendary Edition. Does that make sense?

I understand those ideas they could be a good way, the main way I got Recon in 3 was the vidmaster challenges, they were fun to do. But I feel like any special armor should be attainable by everyone, just a matter of dedication.

Sadly if they go the achievement route for older games, there are certain challenges that are very hard to get like the map specific achievements in Reach, that one flag achievement was/is so annoying, I still don’t have it.

> 2533274823088534;1:
> I hope it has a armor that is like them. But I think it should be earnable. Like play 2020 hours of Halo Infinite multiplayer
> I think playtime would be a good way to earn it. Also it should count the actual time played, and be able to tell if people are idling, that way they can’t just sit in a game and do nothing.
> Should there be such a armor like Recon/Fotus in Infinite ?

I like the idea, but lets not have armor unlocks purely based on play time. A credit system does a better job of that.

But yeah. Maybe some rare achievements or something. I’d be down for that 100%

Super secret legendary armor after maxing out your credit card on in game currency 6 times in a row!

> 2533274964025169;7:
> Super secret legendary armor after maxing out your credit card on in game currency 6 times in a row!

Sign me up lol

Yes. And I loved the Vidmaster Achievements we had to get to unlock Recon back in the Halo 3/ODST days. It was a challenge. When you rocked Recon, you knew you had to actually work for it.

> 2533274823088534;5:
> > 2546678360738636;2:
> > I think there should be some type of specialty armor that stands out for certain achievements earned, milestones, those who pre ordered certain versions of the game, and maybe even something for the veteran players who have a history of achievements and/or service records with previous Halo games. At the very least, I hope the number of armor choices dwindles down to a dozen or so. That would make the specialty armors stick out more in multiplayer. I feel it would bring back a sense of pride among players who earned all 1000 achievements or preordered the Legendary Edition. Does that make sense?
>
> I understand those ideas they could be a good way, the main way I got Recon in 3 was the vidmaster challenges, they were fun to do. But I feel like any special armor should be attainable by everyone, just a matter of dedication.
>
> Sadly if they go the achievement route for older games, there are certain challenges that are very hard to get like the map specific achievements in Reach, that one flag achievement was/is so annoying, I still don’t have it.

I do agree that armor should be obtainable by everyone but I also think that there should be an armor type or two specific to those who preorder the Legendary Edition and a limited edition console - just examples. Halo Reach did so with the Legendary Edition and Halo 4 did so with the limited edition Xbox 360 console.

As for the achievement route, it’s something I believe they should still do. If they’re going to make DLC Achievements that have to be earned on DLC maps, there needs to be a permanent playlist so everyone who wants to earn those achievements, can. The Halo Reach DLC Achievements you are referring to are difficult to earn because those DLC playlists were only up for about a month after the content launched then Bungie took down the playlist. The only way to earn those achievements now is if everyone in a matchmaking lobby has the maps and even so, you gotta be lucky enough for the map to be chosen. I would think that 343 Industries would look back on that and learn from the mistakes.

I know a lot of you got your UNSC-issued underwear in a bunch with Halo 5 and forgot about this, but they did have that exclusive and difficult to obtain armor in Halo 5 with the Achilles set.

Recon was not the last time they did something like this. Both Bungie and 343 have continued that tradition with Reach and Guardians. In fact, the recon unlock was actually the first of its kind if I recall correctly.

But my point is if they went through the trouble of setting aside Achilles for the over achievers in the most recent title, there should be no reason they wouldn’t do the same in this next installment.

Yeh a new armour should be earnable and no it shouldn’t be a grind like everything in H5…things need to go back to more meaningful unlocks like the Vidmasters.

Maybe it’s whatever the little thing for reaching level 152 in Halo 5 is?

There needs too be an armour just like recon that holds a status of insane too nearly impossible to obtain. When people someone wearing it they need to stand out.

Things like the Recon armor and the Vidmaster challanges kind of became legendary back in the day, so much that even now they’re still discussed among the community as you can see. I’m not for adding too much stuff that is unlockable only in very weird, specific, special ways as there are people out there who like to collect/unlock everything, plus it makes those feel a bit less… unique? One or two I’m sure wouldn’t be a big deal and instead they’d push people to try and reach those achievements, making those who get them really stand out.

I like the idea of special unlock armor for players who either want a challenge, like Vidmaster, or LASO players. I like the idea of certain unlocks being tied to challenges or achievements. I think it of as a thanks to players who do amazing feats accomplishments. I also think its be cool to have certain sets of armor or armor pieces only available to players who perform outlandish MP kill chains or just amazing kills, and is recognized by 343i in this manner. That would ofcourse mean having to upload your clips and see if you’ve made the cut, so to speak.

> 2533274860752574;11:
> I know a lot of you got your UNSC-issued underwear in a bunch with Halo 5 and forgot about this, but they did have that exclusive and difficult to obtain armor in Halo 5 with the Achilles set.
>
> Recon was not the last time they did something like this. Both Bungie and 343 have continued that tradition with Reach and Guardians. In fact, the recon unlock was actually the first of its kind if I recall correctly.
>
> But my point is if they went through the trouble of setting aside Achilles for the over achievers in the most recent title, there should be no reason they wouldn’t do the same in this next installment.

My only problem was it was a company team effort push for it. Granted it’s not a terrible thing I prefer the lone wolf this man did it himself kind of thing.