Should I ?

Hi everybody. I have question. I’ve never played Halo before. But I want to play. The thing is, Halo is a serie and I can’t play Halo 1 or 2 because I can’t stand playing with that old graphics. So if I just buy Halo Reach, do I get confused about story or anything? Do I have to play old games first?

I say it doesn’t matter but i’m sure i’m gonna get flamed for saying that now. :wink:

BUT i also am not a die-hard-cannon-following-book-reading fangirl. i just play the game and have fun with it. especially if you’re just wanting to play matchmaking, it really doesn’t matter IMO.

but it’s all really personal preference…

OK, I’ll keep this in my mind :slight_smile: thank you

I wont be flaming any one :), but in my personal preferance you should play the older halo games first, but only do that if you want to get really draged into and Truly love Halo. Also read the books, once again this is only if you care about the story, if you don’t and just want to have fun then by all means you dont need too. Hope this could help

Yes you helped very much, thank you :slight_smile:

I feel it doesn’t matter as Reach is a prequel anyway, playing Reach then moving onto CE A, Halo 2, Halo 3 and then 4 next year would be fine.

> I feel it doesn’t matter as Reach is a prequel anyway, playing Reach then moving onto CE A, Halo 2, Halo 3 and then 4 next year would be fine.

Agreed. Could actually be cool to go chronologically in terms of canon storyline starting at Reach and ending at Halo 3. Sort of like when people new to Star Wars watch the prequels first.

If you do this, let us know what you thought when you’re done! :slight_smile:

I will just give you some basic information to help you.

number 1 REACH is a prequal to the trilogy of halo games so plot shouldnt be too confuseing.

however if you start with REACH hopeing for a good plot you will be dissapointed a little since it is weak compared to other halo games. so start with REACH and than when CEA comes out get that since it follows up on what happens after REACH.

one last thing, if you want to learn more about the halo universe in general like how the war started, why hummanity is fighting the covenant, than the people in the fiction section can explain a lot of that to you and recomend some good books to learn about the story

I say if you’re concerned about graphics than start with Reach first, and if you’re concerned with story than check out some of the books, or just got to Halopedia. That site will fill you in on a lot of things.

Personally, I think it will be a shame if you don’t play CE and Halo2 because of older graphics. I really believe you will be missing out.

You definitely need to get the Anniversary Edition coming out in November, perhaps that will shed some light on why it was such an innovation for the time.

<4

> Hi everybody. I have question. I’ve never played Halo before. But I want to play. The thing is, Halo is a serie and I can’t play Halo 1 or 2 because I can’t stand playing with that old graphics. So if I just buy Halo Reach, do I get confused about story or anything? Do I have to play old games first?

I’m glad I grew up with old school games, it makes me able to play anything without thinking about the graphics.

But yeah, just buy Anniversary to experience the joys of Halo 1! And Halo 2 is still a pretty good looking game, but if you want it even better you can always get Halo 2 Vista. The graphics are slightly better in it.