Should I stabilise?

Now since this game came out, for whatever reason I have despised stabilise.

I don’t know if that’s because I’ve been playing since 2 and I’m having issues adjusting, or because I feel its a really annoying and cheap tactic…

REGARDLESS. I’ve come to the forums to dig through the infinite wisdom of the halodom to work out how to become, a better player.

A little about my playstyle… I rush. A lot.
I get caught up in the heat of the moment and get myself killed chasing down that guy I almost killed but didn’t quite… and then boom triple teamed, you get the idea.

I’m not the best with a br, actually I suck at it. The pistol I get on with quite well though, and the assault rifle is my bff. I’d say I’m pretty good with grenades, always have been. Also I’ve been told I’m a ‘sneaky b*stard’ a fair few times over the last decade.

So thats my play style, sneaky, upfront and grenade expert.

Now back to the point at hand… Will stabilise help me be a better player in terms of precision weapons?

Or would you suggest any other things I can do?

Stabilize got me killed more than it helped so i disabled auto stabilized. I’ll still use it by pressing A after i zoom in but thats rare. Number one rule in halo is never chase.

> 2533274805919869;2:
> Stabilize got me killed more than it helped so i disabled auto stabilized. I’ll still use it by pressing A after i zoom in but thats rare. Number one rule in halo is never chase.

I know… I tell myself off often for it

I never use stabilize up close, so it probably won’t help too much with your play style, there is one thing I can recommend though. You know when you’re around a corner and your enemy decides to sprint around and Spartan Charge you? Stabilizer helps you avoid them quite a bit, I try to get off of the path (If there is a way off.) and stabilize in mid-air. The sprinting enemy typically doesn’t know where you went and you can unload into them before they know you’re there.

I’ve been asking myself the same question lately. I’ve had auto-stabilize on since the game launched but lately have been experimenting with it off. Still feels unnatural and I think it’s going to add some complexity to some of the jumps I’m use to performing but those accidental hoovers are starting to really bother me.

I turned it off after two days. I’m too used to not having it and died too much because if it. Ill occasionally use it when sniping or using other precion weapons from a distance. I find having it off with the ability to toggle gives you more freedom to adapt to situations.

i only use stabilize if im sniping or if I need to make a higher jump, it can basically take the place of crouch jumping allowing you to reach a higher ledge and clamber

I watch pro players use it to get to spots they can normally not get to. But it’s weird i can reach most of those spots with a slide,jump, boost combo. I keep it on just so I am not playing without something. I’d rather adjust which I have.

> 2533274838769239;8:
> I watch pro players use it to get to spots they can normally not get to. But it’s weird i can reach most of those spots with a slide,jump, boost combo. I keep it on just so I am not playing without something. I’d rather adjust which I have.

see it kept slowing me down

I use stabilize in order to assist with jump and clamber. Probably wouldn’t suggest setting it on auto…