Should I get the Majestic DLC?

Just wondering if I should. Please put a balanced and informative review below so I can have a good deal to go on before I make my purchase.

> Just wondering if I should. Please put a balanced and informative review below so I can have a good deal to go on before I make my purchase.

I think you should If you are a fan of small maps and faster kill times, as the combat can get pretty hectic.

Sure ordinance and those things are still in but on this maps using the AR is actually effective since most combat is mid to close range.

Do you have the season pass? If so, you already have it then. If you don’t, I still suggest you get the season pass because I believe you’ll eventually get this pack and the next ones. Getting the season pass only saves you money in the long run.

Just my opinion.

> I captured the following videos this morning using my Hauppauge HD PVR 2. The following footage is below:
>
> - Landfall - Infinity Slayer Gameplay
> - Monolith - Team Regicide Gameplay
> - Skyline - Regicide Gameplay
>
> As you will see in the videos, all three maps are extremely fast paced. If you enjoy fast paced action, I would suggest spending the 800 Microsoft points to purchase the Majestic Map Pack in Halo 4.
>
> Please select “720p” for the best viewing experience.
> http://youtu.be/YcWuKBEUDcM
> http://youtu.be/hSU_JDbDh6M
> http://youtu.be/GRVJUd94i7M

I found this on another thread but maybe watchign these might give you a feel for the maps.

I would definitely recommend downloading this map pack. I’m willing to go off on a limb and say this is the best map pack I’ve seen since Halo 3. I was very impressed with Landfall in particular.

It’s leaps and bounds better than Crimson in my opinion, and definitely worth the purchase. It offers a nice change in gameplay from the other maps by allowing usage of a more close-range style, and allowing a little more player flexibility than the other maps.

It really brings back that “Rumble” feel of older Halo games.

Sick map pack. This one is worth the money. Was having fun on it this morning. All the maps are good. None of them were too big which is a huge problem with a lot of Halo 4 Maps (complex, shatter, harvest).

On the Landfall gameplay:

The map looks solid, the DMR is OP but if it was balanced the map would be an AR BR Carbine fest which is good in my eyes.

I’m not going to degrade it, or any other map with that stupid infinity nonsense.

Thanks berserkWorlf!

now to Monolith…

Do you do anything in H4 that isn’t matchmaking?

If so, don’t waste your money.

If you DO prefer to do nothing but bury your head in the same 2-3 gamemodes on a couple of stock maps for between 1 and 4 hours at a time, go right ahead. If you’re this kind, chances are that you’ll get the same satisfaction no matter what that $15 is spent on.

[/truthvenomrudeness]

On the Monolith gameplay:

Nice area-esque style map going here, knooks and crannys make for some interesting experiences, however the man cannons should only go to the centre. shame.

now to Skyline…

Landfall makes good use of all weapon types, so I think it is accurate when the developers said it had a Pit feel. It’s asymmetrical but that doesn’t detract from the experience in my opinion. It is a very well designed map. You have two main rooms, and then outside is a track that goes around the map. Like if you took Rat’s Nest and cut it into a fourth.

Monolith feels familiar. It has a middle tower that is easy to defend, bases with pretty good sightlines, and some thin boardwalks and crannies along the outsides. Enjoyed playing it, except when the enemy would Mancannon right into my face. Also a favorite.

Haven’t played enough Skyline.

I’ve played an hour or two already and love the new maps. The close encounters you have on these maps bring me back to the days of Halo 2-3.

Don’t give 343 any money until they fix the game.

On the Skyline gameplay:

Well, to put it simply, A crappy version of guardian.
Don’t take it the wrong way though, Skyline still looks like it craps on 70% of the maps in the game.

I do like the absence of Ordnance…

Well I am going to defiantly buy this DLC.
Thanks guys!

Skyline blows. It is awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

> On the Skyline gameplay:
>
> Well, to put it simply, A crappy version of guardian.
> Don’t take it the wrong way though, Skyline still looks like it craps on 70% of the maps in the game.
>
> I do like the absence of Ordnance…
>
> Well I am going to defiantly buy this DLC.
> Thanks guys!

Glad I could be of help, also ordinance is still present as you could see on one of the videos where the guy got a Beam Rifle and a Saw but it depends on teh gametype that is voted for.

Guy saying 343i should not be payed, please just leave.

Unless you like small arena type battling then yes if not definite no.

> Guy saying 343i should not be payed, please just leave.

343 didn’t even make the maps. I choose not to give 343 any money for DLC because I’m voting with my wallet. I’m saying that if you don’t care about fixing things that most of us want to be fixed I don’t support you.

meh the only one that is kinda bad IMHO is landfall and that’s just from personal experience you know the usual person in camo camping with a boltshot…

Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Review:

I highly recommend this map pack. Like someone else said, I have not seen such an amazing map pack since Halo 3. Monolith is a perfect symmetrical map which is great for FFA and Team Slayer. Landfall is particularly awesome in how it plays; the action never stays in one place as the fight is all around the map. Skyline is pretty good, however I only played a single match on it where there were only two enemy players present. (Not too fun for either team.) The ordnance options you receive are amazing, too. You can call in sniper and CQC weapons a lot more often. I feel like the ordnance isn’t unfair as you never get a boring option; all of the choices are very good. Once I played in a match where it was a huge rumble with SAW’s, Energy Swords, Shotguns, Scattershots, Beam Rifles and Sniper Rifles. I must tell you, it was a helluva match. I really enjoy this map pack and I hope you do as well should you purchase it.