Should i get anniversary?

Title says it all

Yes, it’s an awesome remake, especially if you haven’t played CE.

What about the online portion? are the maps good? does enough people still play them?

> What about the online portion? are the maps good? does enough people still play them?

I haven’t checked recently, but a good amount of people should still be on. The maps are taken straight from CE or 2 (BR is replaced by DMR). It’s great fun.

Hmm i was going to get it via download on xbox but it seems only the map pack is available for download.

Now my question is, is the online “map pack” worth it? It is 15$ (1200 MS points)

Remember than Anniversary multiplayer is just slightly modified Reach multiplayer.

Unless you really want to buy the Anniversary maps and still play Halo: Reach, I’d say don’t buy the map pack.

The Anniversary maps rarely (I mean, rarely) show up on Matchmaking, except when you play on the two, ghost-town Anniversary playlists. These playlists are Anniversary Classic, and Anniversary Firefight.

Anniversary Classic - 4 on 4 team slayer with modified settings (e.g. Magnum is a 3-shot kill and there are no armor abilities). You will always be playing on three of the 6 maps from the map pack; Damnation (Penance), Beaver Creek (Battle Canyon), and Prisoner (Solitary).

Anniversary Firefight - Pair up with 3 other players. Basically Reach Firefight. You play on Installation 04 for this all the time in this playlist. However, it is a pretty good Firefight map.

If you have Halo 4, I’d say just buy the War Games Map Pass.

> Remember than Anniversary multiplayer is just slightly modified Reach multiplayer.
>
> Unless you really want to buy the Anniversary maps and still play Halo: Reach, I’d say don’t buy the map pack.
>
> The Anniversary maps rarely (I mean, rarely) show up on Matchmaking, except when you play on the two, ghost-town Anniversary playlists. These playlists are Anniversary Classic, and Anniversary Firefight.
>
> Anniversary Classic - 4 on 4 team slayer with modified settings (e.g. Magnum is a 3-shot kill and there are no armor abilities). You will always be playing on three of the 6 maps from the map pack; Damnation (Penance), Beaver Creek (Battle Canyon), and Prisoner (Solitary).
>
> Anniversary Firefight - Pair up with 3 other players. Basically Reach Firefight. You play on Installation 04 for this all the time in this playlist. However, it is a pretty good Firefight map.
>
> If you have Halo 4, I’d say just buy the War Games Map Pass.

I ushally see 600-1000 people playing the anniversary classic playlist which isent to bad considering the highest playlist i can think off on the top of my head is super slayer with like 2k even.

I do have halo 4 and the war games map pass already

Only if you want to experience the begining of a game franchise that is truly amazing. I always want to encourage people to find the beginings of the things they experience.

I got anniversary a couple weeks ago.
It is great reliving that game, it just blows my mind every time i switch the graphics back to original.
But not once did i think i was going to play the multiplayer, i got it strictly for the champagne.

My opinion, it is worth getting

> I got anniversary a couple weeks ago.
> It is great reliving that game, it just blows my mind every time i switch the graphics back to original.
> But not once did i think i was going to play the multiplayer, i got it strictly for the champagne.
>
> My opinion, it is worth getting

but at this point (since only the map pack is available for download, and i only have ms points right now and no money) I need to know if the map pack is worth the 15$ of ms points

Youll still be able to play the maps on the anniversary disc. Just save the money if you dont mind disc swapping with reach. The kinect feature is cool. Voice Commands And A Library mode similar To Metroid prime. Its great! Totally must Own!

> Remember than Anniversary multiplayer is just slightly modified Reach multiplayer.
>
> Unless you really want to buy the Anniversary maps and still play Halo: Reach, I’d say don’t buy the map pack.
>
> The Anniversary maps rarely (I mean, rarely) show up on Matchmaking, except when you play on the two, ghost-town Anniversary playlists. These playlists are Anniversary Classic, and Anniversary Firefight.
>
> Anniversary Classic - 4 on 4 team slayer with modified settings (e.g. Magnum is a 3-shot kill and there are no armor abilities). You will always be playing on three of the 6 maps from the map pack; Damnation (Penance), Beaver Creek (Battle Canyon), and Prisoner (Solitary).
>
> Anniversary Firefight - Pair up with 3 other players. Basically Reach Firefight. You play on Installation 04 for this all the time in this playlist. However, it is a pretty good Firefight map.
>
> If you have Halo 4, I’d say just buy the War Games Map Pass.

Headlong shows up in Anniversary very rarely.

Well i sort of got anniversary. I got the map pack and the original halo CE for free. I like the multiplayer except for the fact that the AR is worthless and nobody ever wants to play objective modes. People just vote for slayer, and if slayer isent available they go for snipers

> Well i sort of got anniversary. I got the map pack and the original halo CE for free. I like the multiplayer except for the fact that the AR is worthless and nobody ever wants to play objective modes. People just vote for slayer, and if slayer isent available they go for snipers

Assault Rifle is almost completely useless in Reach. CEA multiplayer too, as it is still Reach. This is a complete bummer because the AR was actually a decent weapon in CE.

I’d borrow CEA or rent it if I were you. Just playing in the new graphics is a completely different feeling, and for me, makes the game a lot more accessible and fun :wink:

Fun game. Map packs are definitely worth the money.

Anniversary is a good game to have if you’ve never owned the original one. Additionally, if you owned and liked the original, you may want to get this version for the enhanced graphics, just to see the differences made. I actually enjoy the brighter look of the game over the original.

But if you never liked the original, or are expecting a great online multiplayer experience on this, then I would say pass on Anniversary.

=d

> > What about the online portion? are the maps good? does enough people still play them?
>
> I haven’t checked recently, but a good amount of people should still be on. The maps are taken straight from CE or 2 (BR is replaced by DMR). It’s great fun.

From the few maps I’ve played I believe they only included Halo: CE maps. And on classic playlists there isn’t a DMR because the BR wasn’t added until Halo 2.

> Anniversary is a good game to have if you’ve never owned the original one. Additionally, if you owned and liked the original, you may want to get this version for the enhanced graphics, just to see the differences made. I actually enjoy the brighter look of the game over the original.
>
> But if you never liked the original, or are expecting a great online multiplayer experience on this, then I would say pass on Anniversary.
>
> =d

I’ve been playing Halo: CE on the original graphics for something like 8 years now. I enjoy the new graphics, but at the same time I often prefer to use the old graphics. Overall though, I’d say anniversary is every bit as good as the original, plus a real multiplayer.

I would say unless you want a cheap nostalgia trip - then NO.
This game is bad, boring and still outdated.
The graphics are poor even though re-worked.
The game play is repetitive and boring (by todays standards) i am sure it was good 10 years ago…
Multiplayer limited and has practically no population - may aswel just play Reach in that respect.

If you played the game a decade ago and loved it…sure…otherwise i wouldnt waste time and money on it.