Should I Check Out Halo 5, Or Skip It?

(Note that I currently don’t have an Xbox One) I have played every Halo FPS except for Halo MCC and Halo 5. Im wondering, should I get it when I get an Xbox One, or wait for Halo Infinite? I heard things have improved in many aspects since its launch.

It’s worth getting if you can find it for cheap. The campaign storyline isn’t particularly great but it is important to the overall lore.

Being that you don’t have an Xbox One I would first maybe try halo 5 at a friends house or rent a system if possible first.

In my opinion though Halo 5’s multiplayer is the best in terms of fun since Halo 2. Have to warn you though I play nothing but social game stypes so I couldn’t give you feedback if you’re looking for competitive. Then there is Warzone and Warzone Firefight.

As you may have heard the campaign is average or below depending on who you ask but still worthy of a play through.

I think what it comes down to is this; Do you love Halo and are you willing to spend the money? Halo: Infinite is most likely a 2020 release ( just my guess) so there’s plenty of time to get in some Halo 5 and besides you might still be able to find a halo5 xb1 bundle that comes with both H5 and MCC!

> 2533274821485400;1:
> (Note that I currently don’t have an Xbox One) I have played every Halo FPS except for Halo MCC and Halo 5. Im wondering, should I get it when I get an Xbox One, or wait for Halo Infinite? I heard things have improved in many aspects since its launch.

As a long term fan/gamer I’d say probably not. Halo 5 itself multiplayer isn’t great and the game itself has been gradually becoming more broken over time. It might be best to go with MCC since it’s become more stable. If you want Halo 5 for story then I’d probably suggest wait for sale and it’s an ok game but oddly majority of the game is online only plus I think the population has been dropping for a while since some days you might struggle to get into a game due to frequent server issues, the game can be pretty unbalanced, stressful to play compared to previous Halo games. If you’re unsure about buying Halo 5 then another suggestion is trying the Halo 5 forge on pc, hook up a controller to see if you like it before buying the game but I think that port has low population too since I rarely see many games on there in custom games browser. Also looking forward to E3 for Infinite, hopefully split-screen will help bring back offline modes. Halo 5 Forge on PC feels like a demo for Halo 5 on X1 so it should sort help get an idea if you like the game-play.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274829873463;4:
> > 2533274821485400;1:
> > (Note that I currently don’t have an Xbox One) I have played every Halo FPS except for Halo MCC and Halo 5. Im wondering, should I get it when I get an Xbox One, or wait for Halo Infinite? I heard things have improved in many aspects since its launch.
>
> As a long term fan/gamer I’d say probably not. Halo 5 itself multiplayer isn’t great and the game itself has been gradually becoming more broken over time. It might be best to go with MCC since it’s become more stable. If you want Halo 5 for story then I’d probably suggest wait for sale and it’s an ok game but oddly majority of the game is online only plus I think the population has been dropping for a while since some days you might struggle to get into a game due to frequent server issues, the game can be pretty unbalanced, stressful to play compared to previous Halo games. If you’re unsure about buying Halo 5 then another suggestion is trying the Halo 5 forge on pc, hook up a controller to see if you like it before buying the game but I think that port has low population too since I rarely see many games on there in custom games browser. Also looking forward to E3 for Infinite, hopefully split-screen will help bring back offline modes. Halo 5 Forge on PC feels like a demo for Halo 5 on X1 so it should sort help get an idea if you like the game-play.

Lol peep this guy. Your last game was January (CTF Castle wars). You literally only play Castle Wars and Infection. You don’t play Halo 5 yet you’re here trying to tell people that it’s not worth playing. Just LMAO my good dude!

How would you know the population if you played over 2 months ago? And only queue Castle Wars CTF/ Alpha Zombies? Top stuff, my friend.

Great criticism too. “Unbalanced” “Stressful” oh boy.

I’ll second what Ronnie said above. Halo 5 peaked in 2017 but has become a mess since the end of 2017 due to poorly planned and unnecessary updates. It’s not the best game to start now unless you have a deep desire to play every Halo game. I’d suggest getting MCC instead since it’s become an incredible game since the update last fall.

It really depends. If you’re a competitive player, you might have a hard time in Halo 5 if you’re new (and in my experience, Halo 5 is hard to get into if you’re used to playing the older Halo games, including Halo 4. Something to do with the controls and how it “feels”, but adjusting it here and there and you should be able to find your “sweet spot” like I did. But ya, you’ll most likely be playing against “good” players. I would also recommend playing with a squad, because playing solo doesn’t work as well in Halo 5 like it did in the previous games. I have fun with it, but it’s a love/hate kinda thing for me lol

Campaign - no
multiplayer - yes (expect experienced players this late)
forge - hell yes!
customs - yes
co-op - no
wait times - medium
customization - no

Unless you really want to experience it or want to prepare for Infinite since it will likely have similar game mechanics, I would just wait and get Infinite instead.

> 2533274821485400;1:
> (Note that I currently don’t have an Xbox One) I have played every Halo FPS except for Halo MCC and Halo 5. Im wondering, should I get it when I get an Xbox One, or wait for Halo Infinite? I heard things have improved in many aspects since its launch.

Halo 5 has been improved significantly since launch. Personally, I’d recommend picking it up. I bought an Xbox One in 2017 with the intention of only playing MCC, but after watching a lot of Halo 5 gameplay I picked it up and have been hooked since.

If one of your friends has it and you can demo it before you buy that might be worth doing.

> 2533274824050480;6:
> I’ll second what Ronnie said above. Halo 5 peaked in 2017 but has become a mess since the end of 2017 due to poorly planned and unnecessary updates. It’s not the best game to start now unless you have a deep desire to play every Halo game. I’d suggest getting MCC instead since it’s become an incredible game since the update last fall.

Yeh the game has been getting worse for a while. It’s like a daily issue where either the game freezes up or server time-outs when failing to load a match, I’ve literally lost track of how many bugs I’ve seen in modes like Warzone from vehicles getting stuck or being flung across the map, weird glitches in the main menu that oddly show the game (while not being in a playable state).
I play the game a lot, rarely take long breaks from the games but sadly there are times where I feel like I need a break but been trying to get from 151-152 and it does get tiresome since most people I know don’t like Halo 5 or just go burnt out with the game but someday’s I play more for events like WZ Turbo which I’ve been for the last few days since helps with exp, sort of helps add to exp commendations.

You might be right about 2017 but I do recall around Xmas when the population increased that the servers started acting abnormal and I don’t think the servers was ever able to recover from this since I remember at launch I was getting load times of about 1-2 minutes for games while average games can take from 2-5/10 minutes to find a game someday’s.

As for MCC yeh it’s certainly improved quite a lot since it’s more stable connections, I’m even able to play specific Halo games without restrictions and there planning to improve the game further plus it’s 4 games in 1 so in a way it’s more money’s worth while the main concern of Halo 5 is if ever the servers go down then the only parts that are playable are the campaign while MCC I could play campaign/multiplayer/forge offline. The problem with H5 is it’s too focused on online only, that kind of makes LAN nearly impossible in some events that I’ve been too while MCC was easy to setup.

I mean the campaign may be a little disappointing but in our current state the multiplayer is actually pretty fun and i’d say it’s pretty worth it.

skip it tbh

I think you should get it if you wanna practice for Infinite because the game mechanics will be similar. Bonnie Ross confirmed that they like the H5 multiplayer.

The main thing i want to play is Warzone Firefight, as Firefight is my favorite mode from Halo Reach and i prefer PvE over PvP

It’s definitely worth it. I will say it took me a bit to get used to Halo 5’s new style, but once I got comfortable with the gameplay and understood the REQ system, I loved it. If you’re primarily looking to play Warzone Firefight, I think you’ll enjoy yourself on a handful of the huge maps that are out.

I’m sure you’ve heard about the story, and yes it is mostly true. Other than the story the core gameplay and multiplayer is where the gold is. It’s not your usual halo experience but overall it is pretty good stuff.

> 2533274821485400;1:

Halo 5 now you can find it at very low prices, so I think it’s a shame not to play it. Also the gameplay has been improved considerably, and despite the campaign is not very long-lived and exciting, multiplayer is phenomenal! The best multiplayer ever designed for the Halo series, so do not wait any longer and get it as soon as you can!

Actually don’t buy it, you’ll have access to it (and 100’s other games) with Xbox Game Pass. If you haven’t got an X-bone, you should be eligible for a two week trial period of Xbox Game Pass.

And really, the question you should be asking is: Should I buy a X-bone, PS4 or something else?
Meaning, what platform has the most games I’m interested in experiencing?

Usually you can get Gamepass a dollar for a month subscription, i’d do it man. Halo 5 is a pretty decent game.