Should I buy the DLC?

I’ve been really getting into Reach again since I got f*ck bored of 4 and all other FPS’s. Do enough people play the DLC’s to make it worth it for me to buy them? If not, people who do have the DLC could post here and we could all congregate for games.

At this time there is no playlist for DLC only, in fact they recently said they would no longer support DLC on Reach, sorry.

DON’T!

Most likely, the odds of you finding DLC maps is null.
Don’t waste your money on the DLC.

Your chances of playing on the DLC are very slim, I heavily recommend you not to purchase the DLC at this point in time. I’d rather get the Halo 4 DLC if I were you and have the game.

Don’t buy it or you’ll be scammed by the inability to use it in matchmaking, this includes the majority of Halo: CE Anniversary maps and gametypes also.

> Don’t buy it or you’ll be scammed by the inability to use it in matchmaking, this includes the majority of Halo: CE Anniversary maps and gametypes also.

Umm. The Anniversary playlist has all but 1 of the Anniversary multiplayer maps (Ridgeline) playable. These, along with rest of the DLC maps, are integrated into other playlists, but everybody in the lobby has to have at least 1 map pack for any DLC map to have a chance of showing.

But like others have said, due to many people not having the DLC, and almost all playlists being diluted with Forge created maps, the chances of DLC maps showing are very very slim these days.

Buy the DLC only if your friends have it. There’s a DLC thread somewhere in this forum and it has a list of DLC users you could play with. The DLC maps are there, you just need friends with those maps in a lobby to be able to play them. Like I said, buy the DLC only if you have friends with them, or try it out and convince your friends to buy them. I recommend getting the Noble Map Pack first, it has an extra forge world, and 2 really beautiful maps. Definitely check out that DLC too. There’s a lot of DLC users there.

> At this time there is no playlist for DLC only, in fact they recently said they would no longer support DLC on Reach, sorry.

This is ridiculous, and I was thinking of buying the Noble map pack because that snow map looks great, how hard is it just to add one playlist for people with DLC? Come on 343, you got to be kidding.

I wouldn’t buy the DLC. It would be a waste of money because many of the anniversary maps and the others are rarely used (getting rid of anniversary BTB). Our only hope is that 343i makes DLC a requirement in matchmaking and makes DLC free. I don’t think that will happen.

No

If they had a consistent DLC playlist, then yeah.

But since they don’t plan on supporting DLC for the game, then hell no. Save your money.

*Seriously how hard is it to make a dlc only playlist.

> If they had a consistent DLC playlist, then yeah.
>
> But since they don’t plan on supporting DLC for the game, then hell no. Save your money.
>
> *Seriously how hard is it to make a dlc only playlist.

There was a DLC only playlist, but the fact is (just like every other Halo that had a DLC playlist) after a few days (a week at the most) the population drops to little over 100. Its at this time that the playlist is considered “dead” and is removed. Low populated playlists simply take up server space that can be allocated to more popular playlists to increase performance.

I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be a DLC required playlist in Halo Reach. Its just why would 343 continue to support a game that:
a) Is an older game in the series
b) a game they didn’t even make
They want to concentrate their resources on maintaining Halo 4, as well as develop Halo Xbox One.

Then they might as well make the DLC free, so that they could at least be incorporated into Team Slayer & BTB etc.

> Then they might as well make the DLC free, so that they could at least be incorporated into Team Slayer & BTB etc.

It is Microsoft’s policy that DLC that has achievements tied to it cannot be made free (although they have themselves broken this policy with games like Gears of War 1 and some Red Dead Redemption DLC).

And all the DLC maps are incorporated into the Team Slayer and BTB playlists. Its just that a large portion of Reach players don’t have the required DLC for the maps to show as voting options in the lobby.

yh. -Yoinks!- sake i just bought dlc maps today. blew 15 euros for frikking nothing. is there any way I can get my points back ? It’s not little money for a product i will not recieve.

> yh. -Yoinks!- sake i just bought dlc maps today. blew 15 euros for frikking nothing. is there any way I can get my points back ? It’s not little money for a product i will not recieve.

I’m afraid Microsoft has a strict no refunds policy when it comes to digital content (since there is no way to return digital content. It clearly states No Refunds in the description for all XBL Marktplace ontent.

> I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be a DLC required playlist in Halo Reach. Its just why would 343 continue to support a game that:
> a) Is an older game in the series
> b) a game they didn’t even make
> They want to concentrate their resources on maintaining Halo 4, as well as develop Halo Xbox One.

1. Halo Reach IS a game in the halo series, and 343 inherited the WHOLE halo series from bungie.
  2. Microsoft is making Xbox One, not 343.

I think 343 should bundle the Halo Reach DLC in with Halo 5, sort of like how bungie did with halo 3. Then they can make DLC required in certain playlists.

> > I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be a DLC required playlist in Halo Reach. Its just why would 343 continue to support a game that:
> > a) Is an older game in the series
> > b) a game they didn’t even make
> > They want to concentrate their resources on maintaining Halo 4, as well as develop Halo Xbox One.
>
> <mark>1. Halo Reach IS a game in the halo series, and 343 inherited the WHOLE halo series from bungie.</mark>
> <mark>2. Microsoft is making Xbox One, not 343.</mark>
>
> I think 343 should bundle the Halo Reach DLC in with Halo 5, sort of like how bungie did with halo 3. Then they can make DLC required in certain playlists.

1. I never said Reach wasn’t a Halo game. I said that its an old game now, one that 343 didn’t create themselves. They were only supporting its online whilst developing Halo 4. Now that Halo 4 is out, they would rather spend their time and resources fully supporting and pushing their own game (and developing further titles) rather than fully support a older game, which again they didn’t even develop. Halo Reach and Halo 3 will no longer get the online support they used to since they are older games, hence why there has been no updates in a long time.

2. Ummm… what? I never mentioned anything about 343 making the Xbox One. If you read it properly, I said they were developing HALO XBOX ONE, their next game in the franchise.

In regards to your last point, the only reason Bungie bundled the Halo 3 multiplayer (with all the DLC included) with Halo 3 ODST was because of the Vidmaster challenge and the Recon armour reward for completing it. Halo Reach had no such challenge or spin-off game Like Halo 3 did (since Bungie’s contract with Microsoft ended 3 years before Reach’s release and Reach was the last game Bungie were contracted to make), therefore no such bundle was done.

Besides, I’ve read on another post on this forum that 343 have already said something along the lines of them no longer maintaining Reach via matchmaking updates.

Don’t OP, it would be a waste of money unless you plan on using them for forge or custom games, maybe Anniversary as there are some playlists for it