Should I buy Halo Wars 2?

As you already know, the release of Halo Wars 2 is just around the corner. However, I do need you help (just your help) to decide if I should buy Halo Wars 2. For those who has already played I want to have few questions answered.

• How fun is the game? - What are the good parts with Halo Wars 2? - What are the bad parts with Halo Wars 2? - Is the game worth the price tag? - Is it possible as a new player to compete in Blitz against experienced players with a much better deck? - How good is the Campaign in gameplay and story? - Are there a lot of bugs in the game or is the game nearly glitch free? (How serious are the bugs in the game?)EDIT: (Another question)

• Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?

• It’s pretty fun, but unless their content releases and fixes are excellent, then I’d wait for a price drop. - … - … - Worth $80? No. Worth $60? Maybe not. Campaign was really short, not many maps for multiplayer and Skirmish, the maps they do have aren’t really unique like Labyrinth, Fort Deen or Terminal, Blitz only has one map to choose from, connection issues make co-op and multiplayer nearly unplayable and it’s as though it’s a cheap port on PC. - Probably not. It’s a strategy game. If you’re not good at the RTS genre, then you’ll probably get annihilated 200-0. - Some missions were fun in gameplay, seemed like more variety than HW1, but was rather short. On heroic and legendary the AI spam leader abilities which completely decimate your entire population though. As for story… If you’re a big Halo fan, then you might find some gripes with it like I did: Units disappearing or appearing without any explanation, certain circumstances that make me think back to the First Strike novel and shake my head in disappointment… Stuff like that. - They didn’t fix many of the beta bugs like they claimed to, some of the balancing issues are still present and servers are atrocious.
  • It’s quite fun, simply put. - Good parts I can’t say for sure, haven’t made enough time to tackle the rest of the product head-on (online MP and Blitz). - Once again, can’t really say for sure. But one glaring issue I can easily spot is the lack of reward for playing Blitz Firefight. - Worth full price? Uh… maybe. Depends on what you expect out of it. Excluding Blitz and its Firefight version, there’s only three game modes. 8 maps, 1 map for Blitz. Having bought the Ultimate Edition and very much look forward to the future content, perhaps it’s best to wait on a price drop. - If you’re unfamiliar/not good at RTS games, likely not. - The campaign I thought was pretty good. There’s more variety in the missions than in Halo Wars 1, to an extent which makes it feel like no two missions felt the same. Took me about 6-7 hours to complete on normal. The story is good but leaves a bit to be desired. I’d say more happened in Halo Wars 1 compared to its successor when it came to story. - I haven’t given myself the opportunity to play online yet since I want to get the campaign beat on legendary and acquire all the collectibles. I have played Skrimish against A.I. though, and I believe it’s a massive improvement over the game’s first beta from last year in every aspect. I would hope the servers are better too, as the ones they made for last year’s beta were awful (I speak for the Xbox One version’s side of things).

If you enjoy being rushed or rushing buy this game it will be so much fun for you :wink:

> 2533274816232010;2:
>

> 2533274838071212;3:
>

I added another question.

• Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?I do mainly want to ask this because Halo 5 did require Xbox Live Gold Membership for all features other than Campaign Solo.

> 2535469120778295;6:
> > 2533274816232010;2:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274838071212;3:
> >
>
> I added another question.
> - Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?I do mainly want to ask this because Halo 5 did require Xbox Live Gold Membership for all features other than Campaign Solo.

Well if you want to play Online you must have XBOX Live Gold Membership

> 2535469120778295;6:
> > 2533274816232010;2:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274838071212;3:
> >
>
> I added another question.
> - Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?I do mainly want to ask this because Halo 5 did require Xbox Live Gold Membership for all features other than Campaign Solo.

Someone mentioned in another thread something about Blitz needing to be online (assuming firefight too), but I honestly can’t say for sure.

I would think only Skirmish and solo campaign would be available though.

> 2533274861263132;7:
> > 2535469120778295;6:
> > > 2533274816232010;2:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274838071212;3:
> > >
> >
> > I added another question.
> > - Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?I do mainly want to ask this because Halo 5 did require Xbox Live Gold Membership for all features other than Campaign Solo.
>
> Well if you want to play Online you must have XBOX Live Gold Membership

> 2533274816232010;8:
> > 2535469120778295;6:
> > > 2533274816232010;2:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274838071212;3:
> > >
> >
> > I added another question.
> > - Which features are XBOX Live Gold Membership required in the game?I do mainly want to ask this because Halo 5 did require Xbox Live Gold Membership for all features other than Campaign Solo.
>
> Someone mentioned in another thread something about Blitz needing to be online (assuming firefight too), but I honestly can’t say for sure.
>
> I would think only Skirmish and solo campaign would be available though.

My main reason to ask this if you can play the game without an internet connection.
It’s sad to say that Halo 5 is a cash grab for those who don’t have Xbox Live Gold Membership or access to a stable internet connection.