Should have Master Chief said yes to Cortana

I think Master Chief and Locke made a mistake in handling Cortana in Halo 5. How? When we want to access the internet we need several things. 1) A computer. 2)Ourselves. 3) An authorized account (unauthorized if you want to be illegal). 4)Said internet. And 5) knowledge on how to work a computer.
Ok now lets look at the Halo universe. The ‘Domain’ is one big cosmic internet. To access it the Forerunners needed and ancillia, or A.I… In the above state requirements the Forerunners have 1)a computer, ancillia. 2)Themselves. 3)They had premission to access it (in a way). 4)The Domain itself. And 5) they knew how to use it.
Now in comes the Precursers who tell them that they will be replaced by the species known as ‘Humans’. The Forerunners have a cow and had a hand in resetting the human race to Prehistoric times. So today in the Halo universe there are none if very little of the human race that have an understanding of the Domain and how it works.
Thanks to the Forerunners the Domain has been damaged and the first ancillia known to enter it currently is the Human ancillia Cortana. With the aid of an reactivated ancilla called the Warden she starts running the place. Now this ancillia Cortana has a human user, or partner that can ‘access her’ (get your mind out of the gutter now!) named John/Master Chief. She contacts him to come to her not to trap him but for him to access the Domain and run things. There are two problems with this. 1)Her message is criptic and 2) Master Chief doesn’t know about the Domain and how to access it.
My Father, who is 75, got a new computer but couldn’t use it because he didn’t know how. So he had me, his son, who is 43 by the way come over and set it up and teach him how to use it. Master Chief had no such help. He usually handles things with the business end of whatever weapon he is using at the time. Now the Warden who is Forerunner tech doesn’t like Humans but as the protector of the Domain has his job to do. He saw MC as someone who gained access but in a way didn’t give the password or something so he didn’t take him to Cortana and kept fightning him throughout the game. Even though Cortana said she trusted John as the guard it wasn’t good enough for him. When MC refused Cortana’s offer to join her she locked him and Blue Team not because shes’ evil it was because John did want access… in a way. What sucked about this is that John, as said before, didn’t know what he was doing.
Now why did Cortana turn all dictator at the end. I think it was several things. First she was going rampant. Second, through no fault of her own she was created from the brain cells of Dr. Halsey and we all know how she handles things. Third she might have reached meta-stability and become human which means shes’ both the computer and the user. And fourth since she’s part of the Domain she is running on factory preset condition. Meaning the philosophy of the last species that ran the Domian, the Forerunners which would explain why she sounds and acts like the Didact at the end. To fix this MC has to learn how to properly access the Domain and be with Cortana otherwise the Legendary ending which I believe is a hinting of history about to repeat itself, will happen.
So what do you think? Hope I didn’t leave anything out.

While I respect and appreciate the amount of thought you’ve put into this, I still think that bringing back Cortana was the biggest mistake 343i has done with Halo.

I think he may have had she not killed all those others while activating guardians. You could tell in the game Chief didn’t like all those others dying just because for what she perceives as the greater good.

> 2533274808386392;2:
> While I respect and appreciate the amount of thought you’ve put into this, I still think that bringing back Cortana was the biggest mistake 343i has done with Halo.

She may be still dead. If Cortana is a part of the Domain. The Domain may be using her as a way to get or test humanity to see if we’re worthy of the mantle. Lke an avatar or something. It may be using her memories of humanity and John to see what they will do. I hope the new graphic novel will clear some things up.