Should Halo: Reach be rated M?

I am trying to convince my parents to let me have Halo: Reach, but they are very leniant on not letting me play “M” games unless I have a good amount of proof and information on why it is okay for me to play. Please tell me if there is any cussing and how much blood and gore there is.

Note-I am not asking you whether or not my parents are over-protective or stupid so just give me the answers that I need. Thanks.

Point them to a Youtube Campaign walkthrough, have them rate that, then beg them not to spoil it for you.

Point them to racetracks too. Maybe that will help.

Good luck.

A good argument would be that it strongly resembles games that are rated T and that it got an M rating because it is a Halo shooter game.

There honestly isn’t much of either. A few troopers curse occasionally, and I think Emile does at one point. The only other time I can think of is Johnson’s Firefight voice. There’s blood when you shoot people, enemies etc, but not a lot. There’s no dismemberment or gory wounds. I’ve seen worse in Teen games. Just show them a video with Grunt Birthday Party on.

Your parents are not over protective at all.
Your parents are apparently doing their job.

The game definitely has quite graphic killing sequences and the entire storyline with all the "sacrifices” definitely qualifies it for an M rating.

Go and play something more appropriate if you are below the 17 cut off age because you see enough killing-sprees on TV already.

> Your parents are not over protective at all.
> Your parents are apparently doing their job.
>
> The game definitely has quite graphic killing sequences and the entire storyline with all the "sacrifices” definitely qualifies it for an M rating.
>
>
>
>
>
> Go and play something more appropriate if you are below the 17 cut off age because you see enough killing-sprees on TV already.

> Note-I am not asking you whether or not my parents are over-protective or stupid so just give me the answers that I need. Thanks.
I used to play GTA when I was around ten. Did it affect me in a negative way? No.

> > Your parents are not over protective at all.
> > Your parents are apparently doing their job.
> >
> > The game definitely has quite graphic killing sequences and the entire storyline with all the "sacrifices” definitely qualifies it for an M rating.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Go and play something more appropriate if you are below the 17 cut off age because you see enough killing-sprees on TV already.
>
>
> > Note-I am not asking you whether or not my parents are over-protective or stupid so just give me the answers that I need. Thanks.
> I used to play GTA when I was around ten. Did it affect me in a negative way? No.

based on your own evaluation of yourself …

> > > Your parents are not over protective at all.
> > > Your parents are apparently doing their job.
> > >
> > > The game definitely has quite graphic killing sequences and the entire storyline with all the "sacrifices” definitely qualifies it for an M rating.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Go and play something more appropriate if you are below the 17 cut off age because you see enough killing-sprees on TV already.
> >
> >
> > > Note-I am not asking you whether or not my parents are over-protective or stupid so just give me the answers that I need. Thanks.
> > I used to play GTA when I was around ten. Did it affect me in a negative way? No.
>
> based on your own evaluation of yourself …

Ask people who know me.

> Ask people who know me.

I did … they told me you sleep with a missile launcher under your pillow …

> > Ask people who know me.
>
> I did … they told me you sleep with a missile launcher under your pillow …

Or do I?

> > Ask people who know me.
>
> I did … they told me you sleep with a missile launcher under your pillow …

Wait…doesn’t everyone?

Coming back to the topic. Some of the assassinations are pretty brutal but again. No dismemberment.

> Please tell me if there is any cussing and how much blood and gore there is.

First off, keep in mind that Halo: Reach is rated M for “Blood and Violence”, NOT language, crude humor, sexual content, gore, alcohol, drugs, lyrics, etc. I would point your parents here for reference and a ratings summary:

[http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29447&searchkeyword=halo reach
](http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29447&searchkeyword=halo reach)
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

I could certainly be more desensitized to it (and correct me if I’m wrong), but I don’t believe there’s much cussing if at all in Reach (let alone any Halo game). The worst that I can recall is perhaps a beaver “dam” or a Johnson “SOBs” comment. There are certainly not any f-bombs or the like. Again, I could be wrong, but it has never been Bungie’s intention to include much in the vain of cussing in their Halo games.

As for blood, your character is shooting aliens who have multicolored blood. You and your human squadmates will shed red blood as you become wounded, but alien blood is far more prevalent. In my experience, most folks seem to make a distinction between shooting humans in games and shooting aliens or other “monsters” in games. They tend to find the latter more acceptable than the former, but it really is up to you and your parents. As for gore, well, there aren’t any limbs being blown off as I recall (like in Call of Duty games). :stuck_out_tongue:

With that said, Reach is a darker, more serious, more violent Halo than the ones of the past. Whereas many felt the first Halo games should have been rated Teen, perhaps it is more fitting that Reach is rated Mature.

Bringing in the big guns…