Should halo infinite have troop transport vehicles

I think in the BTB2.0 mode that they talked about might work for troop transport since there could be bigger teams therefore more need for troop transport

Like a pelican! Maybe a more updated elephant

> 2533274916208325;2:
> Like a pelican! Maybe a more updated elephant

Haha, just imagine btb 2.0 driving 6 spartans in pelican droping in battle, that would be so cool. But sadly, i will not experience that or previous halo titles online matchmaking.

Unless troop transport vehicles have an unbelievable amount of hit points I can only invision them as massive piles of flaming scrap and an overkill for whoever lasered you.

> 2535409171473129;1:
> I think in the BTB2.0 mode that they talked about might work for troop transport since there could be bigger teams therefore more need for troop transport

BTB 2.0 isn’t actually officially confirmed, that’s a leak/rumour.

But if it were to be true, a troop transport vehicle would be interesting to see. Using it would be risky as it probably wouldn’t have weapons. Maybe boost the speed to compensate. Could be fun for sure

There are going to be Marines in the campaign, aren’t there? So I should think that there would indeed be troop transport vehicles, including the classic, the…uh, Troop Transport Warthog!
It would also be nice (very nice) if we could finally ride in the other passenger seats too. Would definitely make using the vehicle even more fun in campaign, especially in co-op. Hmm? Oh, sure, it could be good for multiplayer too, I suppose.

Would be nice if the scout hog could actually hold as many people as there are seats/space lol

A shadow would be fun to drive for sure. The second Shadow variant is apparently for increased troop transport, which could work well on bigger maps.

If BTB 2.0 is targeting 454v45 with Battle Field esc gameplay, then troop transports are a must, unless there are going to man cannons all over the place.

As maps get bigger, having more ways to get places quickly is essential if you don’t want players having to run from spawn for 60 seconds before they see anyone.

BTB 2.0 hasn’t been confirmed yet. It’s just rumors and speculations at this point. But I would love the idea of an updated troop transport with like 4 Spartans in the back just cruising around shooting everyone. The only bad part is if you rocket or laser the transport you get an easy overkill. But overall I would like to see the troop transport warthog return!

> 2535406260637191;6:
> There are going to be Marines in the campaign, aren’t there? So I should think that there would indeed be troop transport vehicles, including the classic, the…uh, Troop Transport Warthog!
> It would also be nice (very nice) if we could finally ride in the other passenger seats too. Would definitely make using the vehicle even more fun in campaign, especially in co-op. Hmm? Oh, sure, it could be good for multiplayer too, I suppose.

Unfortunately it’s not going to be a halo 3 type game where you drive around with your marines. It’s just chief and the pelican pilot based on all we’ve seen. Maybe there will be one or two marines but who knows, 343 could have some surprises up their sleeve

> 2533274916208325;2:
> Like a pelican! Maybe a more updated elephant

imagine someone driving a pelican with you and like 6 Spartans in the back, then when you get above enemy territory or something and the back door of the pelican opens up, then you and the other players in the back with you jump out and land in the middle of a battle between the enemy team and your team? that would be amazing! just imagine the possibilitys

It’d be great to have a fully usable Transport Hog in multiplayer, or a Pelican or Phantom. As long as they’re not easily destroyed by basic weapons and can survive a decent amount of punishment (basically, Halo 2 and 3 levels of durability).

> 2533274892901745;13:
> It’d be great to have a fully usable Transport Hog in multiplayer, or a Pelican or Phantom. As long as they’re not easily destroyed by basic weapons and can survive a decent amount of punishment (basically, Halo 2 and 3 levels of durability).

Yes if it gets destroyed by a single spartan laser then its not worth it

> 2533274873409464;4:
> Unless troop transport vehicles have an unbelievable amount of hit points I can only invision them as massive piles of flaming scrap and an overkill for whoever lasered you.

> 2535409171473129;14:
> > 2533274892901745;13:
> > It’d be great to have a fully usable Transport Hog in multiplayer, or a Pelican or Phantom. As long as they’re not easily destroyed by basic weapons and can survive a decent amount of punishment (basically, Halo 2 and 3 levels of durability).
>
> Yes if it gets destroyed by a single spartan laser then its not worth it

A thought occurred to me, maybe flying transport vehicles like pelicans or falcons don’t have to explode when they take too much damage. I mean it’s a little unrealistic that everything explodes even if it wasn’t destroyed by a rocket or grenade etc. These flying transport vehicles could just show visible damage/flames/smoke and slowly crash to the ground, it would be up to the pilot to direct the crash site. If the pilot is killed then it could just fall in an unpredictable spot. This way players riding on or inside the vehicle would have time to jump out mid-air or run out of the vehicle after the crash. That way players wouldn’t have so many reservations about hopping on for the ride, yet there would still be a way for the opposing team to counter.

> 2533274873409464;4:
> Unless troop transport vehicles have an unbelievable amount of hit points I can only invision them as massive piles of flaming scrap and an overkill for whoever lasered you.

You make a good point. But thinking about some of the older games, the Phantoms took a lot to drop, so I am picturing the Pelicans or w/e being a similar way.

> 2535409171473129;14:
> > 2533274892901745;13:
> > It’d be great to have a fully usable Transport Hog in multiplayer, or a Pelican or Phantom. As long as they’re not easily destroyed by basic weapons and can survive a decent amount of punishment (basically, Halo 2 and 3 levels of durability).
>
> Yes if it gets destroyed by a single spartan laser then its not worth it

Well not every map is going to have a spartan laser or rockets laying around.

Huge maps with dozens of players with giant troop vehicles sounds awesome! That would definitely be my kind of game.

I have been thinking for a long time that with Infinite being an open world to some extent and the story have 4 players online co-op then Troop Transport Vehicles should be a must since there is no vehicle single I can think of that can hold 4 people at once in a speedy manner. that is currently driveable in the sandbox. Either the Falcon can return or we can have a fully useable Troop Transport Warthog or even better the Pelican and be fully useable, which would be amazing! The other two ideas I have thought of are either an updated/modified Elephant since a mobile base in an open world halo game explore a ring would be awesome or the Masatdon from HW2. The Halo games have never really had a dedicated APC for the UNSC until HW2 and I think this is the perfect game to introduce that type of vehicle into the FPS sandbox. I am also hoping that we see a good amount of Marines or something as we explore the ring and hopefully find more survivors.

> 2533274873409464;4:

I’d love to see in multiplayer Halo 3’s troop transport warthog. But like you said, it should have more hit points, otherwise it would be an instant overkill