Should Halo Infinite Have Been A Rockman (Megaman) X Clone Instead?

Would it have been better if Halo Infinite was a 2D action platformer like Rockman X instead of yet another first person shooter? That would have been awesome.

2 Likes

No, no not at all. How did that idea even come to mind??? God I hope this was just a idea that came to mind while you where stoned! Halo has always been an fps game and will always be an fps game. (First person shooter) the only platformer halos I have heard of are fan made games, not 343i made games. Not to mention of infinite was a platformer it would completely derail everything.

1 Like

I just love Rockman X’s gameplay. Plus, I’m a huge fan of the series. I feel Infiinite’s gameplay is awkward and could use tweaking.

I am fully on board with this idea. Maybe the best idea for Infinite yet.

Yeah. Plus, we already have Splitgate for a modern Halo game.

No doubt it needs tweaking, but it’s supposed to be an fps game, if you wanna play 2d platformer halo games definitely check out the fan made ones on Xbox!!!

2 Likes

Mainline halo games always need to be first person shooters. Spinoffs are where we can get genre changes (Halo Wars, Halo Spartan Assault/Strike) I would totally love a Mega Man X styled Halo game though

1 Like

They have Pixel Force: Halo lol an indie side scroller from 2010. “same story, one less dimension”
It’s still free to download and play!

But if 343 could take that and really update it to today’s side scroller standards, it could actually be pretty freakin sweet. Especially with the Halo Infinite 8-bit soundtrack!

A side scrolling metroidvania - I’d play that.

Like Hollow Knight but Halo.

Wasn’t there a fanmade Halo side scroller years ago? I forget the name. But I remember playing it. Was okay.

I’m going to guess you’re talking about Halo Zero.
I haven’t played it yet but I have played the devs newest game, Spartan Firefight. It’s free and it’s basically just a 2D halo without campaign

If I remember correctly the games called Halo spartan runner

1 Like

As a spinoff, sure. Main Halo? No.

2 Likes

Um . . . no?
Halo should be Halo, not other games.
Have you not learned this lesson from Halo 4 and Halo 5 Gorbians?
Spinoffs are allowed to deviate from the series norm, but direct sequels should remain consistent.

2 Likes

My exact thoughts, in no way should it be the main game.

1 Like